Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2009

Started by drici, August 18, 2009, 10:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randomtask

Maguire01

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 08, 2009, 10:24:41 PM
On a side note Dessie Mone once again got his man sent off today - a recurring theme.
How?

LeoMc

Quote from: milltown row on November 08, 2009, 10:07:27 PM
was not at the game today, but some were saying we were shite.

Clontibert on todays performance should beat us handy next week. Ogs should have put that chance away near the end.

Obviously the tough season has taken its toll and a fresh Monaghan team should win next week in Armagh.....

Hardly worth your while turning up eh! ;)
But I suppose yez will go along just for the day out, give it a lash and all that.

yellowcard

Clontibert on todays performance should beat us handy next week. Ogs should have put that chance away near the end.

Obviously the tough season has taken its toll and a fresh Monaghan team should win next week in Armagh.....

The bookies don't agree, St Galls now hot favourites

Latest Odds

6/4   St Galls
11/4 Loup
11/4 Clontibret
9/2  Kilcoo

Master Yoda

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

LeoMc

Quote from: Zapatista on November 08, 2009, 07:45:45 PM
Congratulations to Clontibert in winning a good game of football in tough conditions.

Clontibert were out of the blocks early and stormed into a good 4 point lead before Dromore replied. Dromore fought back and brought it to two points at the break. I wasn't too worried at that stage as Dromore fininshed the half strong. Clonibert started really well again hitting two and puting themselves in a great position. Dromore came back at them and pushed very hard wining in defence and getting a better grip in mid field. When clontibert dominated in parts they did so all over the field. When Dromore dominated Clontibert defended very well. Dromore dominated most of the second half but were shooting under pressure and sometimes foreced into decision making. Clontiberts attacks were more economical and accurate.

It was encouraging to see Dromore push all the way to the end in a very tough battle but they were always chasing the game and Clontibert seemed to get it right in front of goal.

Clontibert were very impressive and good luck to them in the rest of the Champioship.

Mickey Garry not as influential as previous games and Dromore did not get Shaun O'Neill and Ronan McNabb on the ball ofter enough as they always looked like they could do something. McCusker and Snowy were well marshalled while Conor McManus gave cathal McCarron bother all day and it is the first time I have seen Fabian O'Neill struggling as badly.

Thought the first 10 minutes of the second half were the turning point of the match, Clontibrets dominance at this point undid the previous 20 minutes fight back by Dromore and some of the Dromore players almost looked beaten at that point but they roused themselves for the last 15 and but for some unforced errors could have levelled it.

drici

Ulster Intermediate Football Club Championship Quarter Finals:

(Armagh)Newtown St Michaels 1-07 Gaeil Fhánada(Donegal) 2-08

(Fermanagh)Kinawley Brian Borus 0-13 Lavey Joe Biggars(Cavan) 0-15

(Down)Ballymartin St Josephs 0-08 Cookstown Father Rocks(Tyrone) 2-09

(Antrim)Ahoghill St Marys 1-09 Monaghan Harps 1-10

Semi Finals:
Gaeil Fhánada v Lavey Joe Biggars
Monaghan Harps  v Cookstown Father Rocks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulster Junior Football Club Championship Quarter Finals:

(Armagh)Shane O'Neills 2-12 Seán Dolans(Derry) 0-09

(Fermanagh)Belnaleck Art McMurroughs 1-04 Moville Bun an Phobail(Donegal) 1-14

(Tyrone)Newtownstewart St Eugenes 0-08 Emyvale(Monaghan) 0-09

(Antrim)St Teresas 1-07 Butlersbridge Emmetts(Cavan) 0-08

Semi Finals:
Shane O'Neills v Emyvale
Moville Bun an Phobail v St Teresas
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulster Senior Football Club Championship Quarter Finals:

(Derry)Loup St Patricks 1-10 Derrygonnelly Harps(Fermanagh) 1-06
Loup 1-10 (J McBride 0-1, A McAlynn 1-0, P McFlynn 0-5(3 frees), G Mallon 0-1, S McFlynn 0-1( a free), Declan McVey 0-2)
Derrygonnelly 1-06 (R Jones 0-4(all frees), P Ward 0-1(a free), K Cassidy 0-1)   

(Down)Kilcoo Owen Roes 0-13 Naomh Adhamhnáin(Donegal) 0-09
Kilcoo 0-13 (M McClean 0-1, P Devlin 0-6(2 frees, 1 fifty), B Kane 0-2, D Kane 0-3(all frees), A Devlin 0-1)
Naomh Adhamhnáin 0-09 (K Rafferty 0-1, M McGowan 0-1, C Dunne 0-5(4 frees), B Devenney 0-1, C Sharkey 0-1)

(Monaghan)Clontibret O'Neills 0-10 Dromore St Dympnas(Tyrone) 0-08
Clontibret 0-10 (P McGuigan 0-2(1 fifty), F Mone 0-1, C Mc,Manus 0-5(4 frees), JP Mone 0-2)
Dromore 0-08 (C McCullagh 0-3(all frees), E McCusker 0-4(2 frees), S O'Neill 0-1)

(Antrim)St Galls 0-10 Pearse Óg(Armagh) 0-08
St Galls 0-10 (S Kelly 0-1, S Burke 0-1, Kieran McGourty 0-2, Rory Gallagher 0-1, CJ McGourty 0-3(2 frees),K Niblock 0-1(a free) K Stewart 0-1)
Pearse Óg 0-08 (P Duffy 0-2(1 fifty), R Clarke 0-2, D McManus 0-1, M Cullen 0-1(a free) C Clarke 0-1(a free), S Moore 0-1)

Semi Finals:
Loup St Patricks v Kilcoo Owen Roes
Clontibret O'Neills  v St Galls

Schkite

:D Don't worry, yous are hot favourites and we're underdogs again. That was a tough game yesterday and we picked up another couple of knocks to go along with McManus and JP being less than fully fit. We're far from fresh, and we're coming up against one of the favourites for the AI, nevermind Ulster. We're very much up against it, but sure all we can do is give it a lash.

INDIANA

How many st galls lads actually play for antrim or are on the sqaud as a matter of interest?

DuffleKing

Currently with antrim:

McClean
burke
a gallagher
o'neill
niblock
brady

not on squad but have plaed championship football in the past for antrim

3 mcgoartys
k stewart
o'hare

Schkite

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 08, 2009, 10:24:41 PM
Have to say I thought Clontibret looked very good today. Resilient and have a few players, McManus in particular, who can take a score.

I think St Galls may get beat in this one though I hope I'm wrong. JP Mone will likely get fitter the next day.

On a side note Dessie Mone once again got his man sent off today - a recurring theme. Him and the McGourtys against each other should be fun to watch.

Still an outside chance of a repeat of Loup - St Galls final though...

Ah Dessie's reputation precedes him again, I'd really love to what what exactly he did to ensure McCullagh got sent off. McCullagh elbowed him in the face right in front of the ref after a minor tussle, which opened his nose up and forced us to use a blood sub while he was cleaned up and got another jersey. And yet McCullagh was sent off for a second yellow for giving out to the ref apparently. Don't think McCullagh is a dirty player, not what I've seen of him anyway, but it would appear in this case he only has himself to blame.

INDIANA

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 09, 2009, 11:22:56 AM

Currently with antrim:

McClean
burke
a gallagher
o'neill
niblock
brady

3 mcgoartys
k stewart
o'hare

Good starting point for antrim. But they need a few more clubs to get to that standard.

DuffleKing

cargin are n a similar footing but not quite as good as galls. st brigids are in their infancy as a club but are very strong given where they've come from.

Main Street

Quote from: Zapatista on November 08, 2009, 10:21:54 PM
I'm not sure of your situation but Clontibert can't be considered fresh. The changes they made reflected their injury worries and it was a tough game today in which they are bound to have picked up a few bruises. Dromore looked fitter as the game was closing. Clontibert played a smart game and were aided by a strong bench from what I seen.

I would question just how much the strong bench aided Clontibret as they effectively only replaced one from the starting 15.
JP Mone came on but was replaced later by a sub, the third sub came on in the last seconds.
More than a few of the Clontibret players were out on their feet in the last 15 minutes.
Grimley is a hard taskmaster.

saffron sam2

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 09, 2009, 11:22:56 AM

Currently with antrim:

McClean
burke
a gallagher
o'neill
niblock
brady

3 mcgoartys
k stewart
o'hare

Can't remember Karl Stewart ever playing Championship football for Antrim.

You also missed Sean Kelly, probably the most talented of all the St. Gall's men.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet