Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2009

Started by drici, August 18, 2009, 10:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Orior

Quote from: bennydorano on November 08, 2009, 05:52:34 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on November 08, 2009, 05:38:40 PM
Clontibret v Dromore was a close fought typical Ulster Club c'ship game and fair dues to McManus for playing the way he did through the pain. It will be some battle with them and St Galls next week. I'd imagine St Galls will be favourites but I think the winner of this game will be Ulster Champions this year.
Having been at the Ogs v St Galls game today, I'd say St Galls have gone backwards from the team that contested an AIF a while back.  Ogs should have won, missed a sitter with a few mins to go and hit too many shots wide or dropped them into the keeper's hands.

After watching that today I'd say St Galls are still very much favourites for Ulster. Is Kevin McGourty the boy running for Fine Fail? He did some mouthing today.

What part of of Milltown does Rory Gallagher live in?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stiffler

Anyone got odds for Ulster now?

Clontibert may be a good shout for it.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Zapatista

Congratulations to Clontibert in winning a good game of football in tough conditions.

Clontibert were out of the blocks early and stormed into a good 4 point lead before Dromore replied. Dromore fought back and brought it to two points at the break. I wasn't too worried at that stage as Dromore fininshed the half strong. Clonibert started really well again hitting two and puting themselves in a great position. Dromore came back at them and pushed very hard wining in defence and getting a better grip in mid field. When clontibert dominated in parts they did so all over the field. When Dromore dominated Clontibert defended very well. Dromore dominated most of the second half but were shooting under pressure and sometimes foreced into decision making. Clontiberts attacks were more economical and accurate.

It was encouraging to see Dromore push all the way to the end in a very tough battle but they were always chasing the game and Clontibert seemed to get it right in front of goal.

Clontibert were very impressive and good luck to them in the rest of the Champioship.

Dubh driocht

Kilcoo were 20 to 1 for Ulster with Sean Graham before today. Ridiculous odds but we'll see.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Zapatista on November 08, 2009, 07:45:45 PM
Congratulations to Clontibert in winning a good game of football in tough conditions.

Clontibert were out of the blocks early and stormed into a good 4 point lead before Dromore replied. Dromore fought back and brought it to two points at the break. I wasn't too worried at that stage as Dromore fininshed the half strong. Clonibert started really well again hitting two and puting themselves in a great position. Dromore came back at them and pushed very hard wining in defence and getting a better grip in mid field. When clontibert dominated in parts they did so all over the field. When Dromore dominated Clontibert defended very well. Dromore dominated most of the second half but were shooting under pressure and sometimes foreced into decision making. Clontiberts attacks were more economical and accurate.

It was encouraging to see Dromore push all the way to the end in a very tough battle but they were always chasing the game and Clontibert seemed to get it right in front of goal.

Clontibert were very impressive and good luck to them in the rest of the Champioship.

I don't hear you complaining about the ref. I see another poster on Tyrone thread complaining about the ref. Did you think he undone Dromore?

Zapatista

Not at all. He got some decisions wrong but I think Clontibert got the better of us and it's credit to them they won not the ref.

longrunsthefox

Is how I saw it but was only watching it on TV. Anyway you are a magnanamous loser...fair play to you.

Zapatista

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 08, 2009, 07:55:18 PM
Is how I saw it but was only watching it on TV. Anyway you are a magnanamous loser...fair play to you.

The Bastards!!!! >:( >:(

:D

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Banna Man on November 08, 2009, 05:46:39 PM
Well done to Kilcoo. What a show off football.

Ye reckon???

I thought at times we were quite poor in their half. Sure, some good individual displays, but as a unit, our forward line never really functioned. We never cut to the core of Eunans once.

None of the fast flowing football in the final third that has been produced earlier in the year - although the heavy pitch may be a big factor in that.

The defence came onto a game at the end, but up front, much margin for improvement IMO (not that that's a bad thing).
i usse an speelchekor

milltown row

was not at the game today, but some were saying we were shite.

Clontibert on todays performance should beat us handy next week. Ogs should have put that chance away near the end.

Obviously the tough season has taken its toll and a fresh Monaghan team should win next week in Armagh.....

Zapatista

Quote from: milltown row on November 08, 2009, 10:07:27 PM
was not at the game today, but some were saying we were shite.

Clontibert on todays performance should beat us handy next week. Ogs should have put that chance away near the end.

Obviously the tough season has taken its toll and a fresh Monaghan team should win next week in Armagh.....

I'm not sure of your situation but Clontibert can't be considered fresh. The changes they made reflected their injury worries and it was a tough game today in which they are bound to have picked up a few bruises. Dromore looked fitter as the game was closing. Clontibert played a smart game and were aided by a strong bench from what I seen.

imtommygunn

Have to say I thought Clontibret looked very good today. Resilient and have a few players, McManus in particular, who can take a score.

I think St Galls may get beat in this one though I hope I'm wrong. JP Mone will likely get fitter the next day.

On a side note Dessie Mone once again got his man sent off today - a recurring theme. Him and the McGourtys against each other should be fun to watch.

Still an outside chance of a repeat of Loup - St Galls final though...

winsamsoon

Is the Gall's v Clontibret fixed for next sunday in Armagh?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

milltown row