Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2009

Started by drici, August 18, 2009, 10:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Konica

I'd take a piece of that.

Clontibret aren't bad - but I do think it'll be close.

Clontibrets biggest problem is that according to the results in their run through Monaghan - no one got near enough to touch them at all.

imtommygunn

Clontibret have the Mone's, your man Corey and Conor McManus seems to be hitting big totals every game for them. They won't be easy beat.

Schkite

Not trying to take anything away from Dromore by the way, think they're a very good team and will be a tough proposition for anyone. And certainly not trying to play ourselves up, but I must admit I was a bit surprised at how some people think Dromore have it in the bag and are talking up a Dromore-Galls semi already(not specifically talking about here). Looking forward to the game and I think both teams are at that stage now that they're ready for a serious crack at Ulster after a few good years in their county championships.

The Konica, in the semi and final we won by good scores in the end alright(though we were behind at half time in the semi and it was a fantastic effort to turn it around), but I believe the turning point for us was the games against Blayney. Now they were real battles, we only got won by 2 pts after a replay and extra time. The replay was one of the best games I've seen in the county for a good while and that test has stood us in good stead ever since, and gave us great confidence to win the following two games, scoring well in the process. Step up now anyway, should be a good contest.

The Konica

Quote from: Schkite on October 19, 2009, 06:16:03 PM
Not trying to take anything away from Dromore by the way, think they're a very good team and will be a tough proposition for anyone. And certainly not trying to play ourselves up, but I must admit I was a bit surprised at how some people think Dromore have it in the bag and are talking up a Dromore-Galls semi already(not specifically talking about here). Looking forward to the game and I think both teams are at that stage now that they're ready for a serious crack at Ulster after a few good years in their county championships.

The Konica, in the semi and final we won by good scores in the end alright(though we were behind at half time in the semi and it was a fantastic effort to turn it around), but I believe the turning point for us was the games against Blayney. Now they were real battles, we only got won by 2 pts after a replay and extra time. The replay was one of the best games I've seen in the county for a good while and that test has stood us in good stead ever since, and gave us great confidence to win the following two games, scoring well in the process. Step up now anyway, should be a good contest.

Ah yes - just checked the scores again - Castlebaney must have been good

milltown row

Schkite, take a look at all the scores from  some of the winners. St Galls, Cavan Gaels and the Donegal champs, they sailed through their county games. Come the Ulster championship teams rarely score more than 1-12.

Winnie Peg

Quote from: Captain Black on October 19, 2009, 05:46:10 PM
aye but monaghan teams are never any good

And where are you from? F**king Derry by any chance.

Ar***le!!

Schkite

Quote from: milltown row on October 19, 2009, 06:51:29 PM

Schkite, take a look at all the scores from  some of the winners. St Galls, Cavan Gaels and the Donegal champs, they sailed through their county games. Come the Ulster championship teams rarely score more than 1-12.

Eh, that's nothing to do with the original point I was making. The only reason I was talking about scores is because Konica was saying noone got close to us, and I was saying that the Blayney game was very tight and gave us confidence for the next two games. I'm well aware of the low-scoring nature of Ulster games.

thewanderer

drici

Dia Máirt 20/10/09
Ulster Intermediate Hurling Championship Semi Final:
Eoghan Ruadh 1-06 St Galls 5-14
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dia Domhnaigh   25/10/09

Ulster Junior Hurling Championship Final:
Rasharkin St Marys v Naomh Colum Cille   (Casement Park 12-45pm)

Ulster Senior Hurling Championship Final:
Dunloy Cúchullains v Ballycran St Josephs (Casement Park 2-30pm)

Ulster Intermediate Hurling Championship Final:
Middletown Na Fianna v St Galls (Páirc Esler Newry 2-30pm)

Extra hour's sleep offset by earlier throw in times though St Galls also have to adjust to daylight.

Onion Bag

Pearse Ogs V St Galls, Day, Time and Venue anyone?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

KIDDO 4

Ulster Club Senior Football Championship
Team 1   Team 2   Venue   Date   Time   Referee   Comment
Clontibret (Monaghan)   Dromore (Tyrone)   St. Tiernachs Park Clones Mona   01/11/2009   14:30   Jimmy White   Q-Final   
Loup (Derry)   Derrygonnelly (Fermanagh)   Celtic Park Derry   01/11/2009   14:30   Jimmy McKee   Q-Final   
Kilcoo (Down)   St Eunans (Donegal)   Pairc Esler Newry Down   01/11/2009   14:30   Martin Sludden   Q-Final   
Pearse Og (Armagh)   St Galls (Antrim)   Casement Park Belfast Antrim   01/11/2009   14:30   Con Reynolds   Q-Final   
Ulster Club Intermediate Football Championship
Cookstown (Tyrone)   Ballymartin (Down)   Pairc Esler Newry Down   01/11/2009   12:45   Gregory Walsh   Q-Final   
Ahoghill (Antrim)   Monaghan Harps (Monaghan)   Loughgiel   01/11/2009   14:30   Leo Smyth   Q-Final   
St Michaels (Armagh)   Fanad Gaels (Donegal)   Athletic Grounds Armagh   01/11/2009   14:30   Gavin Corrigan   Q-Final   
Kinawley (Fermanagh)   Lavey (Cavan)   Brewster Park Enniskillen Ferm   01/11/2009   14:30   Ciaran Branagan   Q-Final   
Ulster Club Junior Football Championship
St Teresas (Antrim)   Butlersbridge (Cavan)   Casement Park Belfast Antrim   01/11/2009   12:45   Barry Cassidy   Q-Final   
Shane ONeills (Armagh)   Sean Dolans (Derry)   Athletic Grounds Armagh   01/11/2009   12:45   Eugene McConnell   Q-Final   
Belnaleck (Fermanagh)   Moville (Donegal)   Brewster Park Enniskillen Ferm   01/11/2009   12:45   Eamon McHugh   Q-Final   
Newtownstewart (Tyrone)   Emyvale (Monaghan)   Healy Park Omagh Tyrone   01/11/2009   14:30   Raymond Doone   Q-Final