Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2009

Started by drici, August 18, 2009, 10:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I was confident of a comfortable St Gall's victory a week ago, now, with the country half flooded, I'm beginning to waver a bit. Derry sides have a history of revelling in dirty wet conditions as is their daily lifestyle even when the sun is high in the sky. Ballinderry's most recent All-Ireland will live long in the memory. Pigs in shite. They've been through a couple of dogged affairs whilst the Milltown men waltzed their way through Antrim and were only briefly tested against Cavan Gaels.

Gall's' trump card is their options in attack. The three McGourtys can wreak havoc if on form. Kevin seems to be coming good the longer the season goes on, CJ is starting to shine and the other one who I can't remember is the most underrated player on the side - playmaker extraordinaire. Odd posture though. Gallagher will be a marked man and can blow hot and cold. I can see Veronica getting some close attention because of his name. That wouldn't go down well in Willie Anderson land.

A draw. 8-8.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

milltown row

gives sunny weather for Sunday. the pitch is better than it has been in the past. we played there after a long spell of rain and the pitch was fine. 

8 each should it be raining on Sunday is a good bet

Master Yoda

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 25, 2009, 09:48:21 PM
Starting to get excited about this game now.

Some very intriguing issues nagging at me already.

Will Naomh Gall complete the Oak Leaf hat trick, having previously seen off Bellaghy and Glenuillin or will An Lub make it a Milltown double?

During the game, how many times will the An Lub's (yes I have a stutter too) substitutes run into the St. Gall's manager whilst conducting their warm up?

Will either manager throw screed at the crowd?

Will the best referee ever Pat McEnaney be fooled, once more (like he was with wee Peter in 2001), by the skullduggery of Littlebridge's finest, Johnny McBride?

Why do the peelers have a speed trap in the 40 zone just past the Newry 6 sign, where (as you are going down hill) it is a physical impossibility to travel at 40mph or less?

What does An Lub mean? I know it means the Loup, but what is a Loup?

The Loup is small hamlet in south derry which is about 4 mile outside of Magherafelt.
If you have any more questions about the names or locations of places don't hesitate to ask because I know the most of you wee chainsaws ( this is except for the really adventurous ones who come out of Belfast to steal cars, but their the few, most of youse just steal your neighbours cars ) have never been outside of Belfast before so all these new places confuse you.

PS. Youse could always just ask Rory where the places are as he's been all over the country  ;D
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

saffron sam2

Quote from: Master Yoda on November 26, 2009, 08:52:58 AM
The Loup is small hamlet in south derry which is about 4 mile outside of Magherafelt.

South Derry is about 4 miles outside of Magherafelt? Strange, I thought (from my rare excursions beyond Hannahstown) that Magherafelt was in south Derry.

If you have any more questions about the names or locations of places don't hesitate to ask because I know the most of you wee chainsaws ( this is except for the really adventurous ones who come out of Belfast to steal cars, but their the few, most of youse just steal your neighbours cars ) have never been outside of Belfast before so all these new places confuse you.

If that is your 'wittiest' reposte, then please forgive me if I do hesitate to ask.

PS. Youse could always just ask Rory where the places are as he's been all over the country  ;D

We could also ask him if he knows Paddy McGuinness.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Master Yoda

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 25, 2009, 09:48:21 PM
Starting to get excited about this game now.

Some very intriguing issues nagging at me already.

Will Naomh Gall complete the Oak Leaf hat trick, having previously seen off Bellaghy and Glenuillin or will An Lub make it a Milltown double?

During the game, how many times will the An Lub's (yes I have a stutter too) substitutes run into the St. Gall's manager whilst conducting their warm up?

Will either manager throw screed at the crowd?

Will the best referee ever Pat McEnaney be fooled, once more (like he was with wee Peter in 2001), by the skullduggery of Littlebridge's finest, Johnny McBride?

Why do the peelers have a speed trap in the 40 zone just past the Newry 6 sign, where (as you are going down hill) it is a physical impossibility to travel at 40mph or less?

What does An Lub mean? I know it means the Loup, but what is a Loup?

Hope John behaves himself on Sunday, if he throws anything in to the crowd the lads will think there back at home and start a riot hye.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

Minder

Will St Galls be bringing more than the usual two dozen supporters they get for league games in Milltown?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Master Yoda

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 26, 2009, 09:12:19 AM

South Derry is about 4 miles outside of Magherafelt? Strange, I thought (from my rare excursions beyond Hannahstown) that Magherafelt was in south Derry.

If that is your 'wittiest' reposte, then please forgive me if I do hesitate to ask.

We could also ask him if he knows Paddy McGuinness.

He's bound to know Paddy, would they not have played for Fermanagh together before Rory turned his back on his own county and run off trying to get a bit of glory with Dublin?

Master Yoda

Quote from: Minder on November 26, 2009, 09:29:17 AM
Will St Galls be bringing more than the usual two dozen supporters they get for league games in Milltown?

Hope there is more than 2 dozen, I am looking forward to seeing all the quality moustaches  :D :D

Minder

Quote from: Master Yoda on November 26, 2009, 09:33:30 AM

Hope there is more than 2 dozen, I am looking forward to seeing all the quality moustaches  :D :D

I would say there will be more moustaches on the Derry females.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Master Yoda

Quote from: Minder on November 26, 2009, 09:37:02 AM
Quote from: Master Yoda on November 26, 2009, 09:33:30 AM

I would say there will be more moustaches on the Derry females.

:D :D

Do you have a moustache Minder?

milltown row

ONeill

I curted the one on the right at the back of the Greenvale.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Master Yoda

saffron sam2

Out of your depth on here Master Yoda.

I'm told big Darren O'Hare (a bag of sugar under 20 stone in weight) is being given the Maor Uisce bib for Sunday. He's been told to stand beside Brennan and threaten manners if there is any physical interference with the Galls mentors. Worked when Lamh Dhearg gave the bib to big Fitzy.

This Brennan chappy appears to be taking on mythical status. Irish News has him up to championships with six different clubs in three different counties; I'm thinking Lavey, Loup and Slaughtniel in Derry; Carmen in Tyrone and Cargin in Antrim. Who's the other? Or can we expect, by Monday for it to be growing expotentially - 27 titles in eight counties in three different sports.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet