Down V Antrim Teams of the 90's

Started by No1, March 27, 2014, 10:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No1

Charity hurling match with proceeds going to Friends of the Cancer Centre in Portaferry on Sunday.

Are you lining out on johnneycool or are you much too young??  Do you need us to send Goozer over?   ;D

Great cause and should be some craic.  Hope there are plenty of first aiders about!!

johnneycool

Quote from: No1 on March 27, 2014, 10:04:58 PM
Charity hurling match with proceeds going to Friends of the Cancer Centre in Portaferry on Sunday.

Are you lining out on johnneycool or are you much too young??  Do you need us to send Goozer over?   ;D

Great cause and should be some craic.  Hope there are plenty of first aiders about!!

Much too young  No1.  ;D

I did join that panel a year later though, goozer was a few years after that again.

I hope the De-fibrillators are well charged in the coming days as I hear big Paud Mason is going to tog out..

johnneycool

Big turn out yesterday in Portaferry for the teams of the 90's. The Down starting 15 was almost the one that lined out in Croke park in 92 barring maybe one or two exceptions. Antrim had a good few old stagers down as well with Sambo leading the charge along with Ger Rogan, Pappy O'Kane, Humpy McKillen, Sean Paul McKillop, Jackie Carson and a few of a younger generation in Ally Elliott, Horse O'Kane, Ciaran McCambridge.
Fittingly they held a minutes silence for the recently deceased James McNaughton who would have been of that crop.

The legs may be gone, but the brain on some is as good as ever, Kirby could still teach his son Stephen a thing or two about net minding yet.

I'd say there were some sore boys this morning and I know of one lad who went missing last night, so no doubt they enjoyed themselves afterwards.
Well done to the Portaferry club in organising it for a good cause.