China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: johnnycool on May 26, 2020, 02:23:04 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2020, 01:59:00 PM
The simplest explanation, Cummings had to go into quarantine with his family and decided to get out of dodge and travel up north.

The palatable truth in a few words, the spinning of the lie took forever, fabrication from start to finish. As somebody quipped, about as convincing as Dick Van Dyke's cockney accent in Mary Poppins.  I think his throat dried up after 5 seconds and when he had to leave the script to answer questions, he made all these strange grumblings while trying to find the script in his head.

However, Tripadvisor have rumbled Cummings, all his reviews of his family's experience at Barnard Castle on the occasion of his wife's birthday, have been deemed false and removed.
Message from Tripadvisor: Due to a recent event that has attracted media attention and has caused an influx of review submissions that do not describe a first-hand experience, we have temporarily suspended publishing new reviews for this listing.

Except he travelled back down to London half way through and went back up for his wifes birthday.

He's a lying hoor, no shocker there and the British people will get over it, but what I find interesting is how reliant Boris and the cabinet are on him.
Boris is a lazy good for nothing, not into detail and relies on Cummins to do the spade work for him. Cummins is pulling the strings it seems and the verbal gymnastics the likes of Gove were getting into this morning beggars belief.

They've no backbone at all.

I dont think he did johnny.

Once he came back to London he didnt return?

The biggest issue is the trip to the Castle, the stopping off and going for a walk etc.

Maybe not a popular opinion but I dont think its such a big deal he went to a separate property in Durham with no contact with anyone else

Smurfy123

Brilliant news no new deaths today let's keep this going
It sure does give everyone a boost hearing stats like that and a lower number of cases. Hope it's not the bank holiday lag.
Great news
I like the look of that new labour leader. I like the way he ties his opposition up in bits in those PMQ. Although that shouldn't be hard to do
Well done the people of N Ireland. Keep it up

Smurfy123

No keep in the 2 M social distancing when you are out
Keep washing your hands
Keep coughing into your elbow
That's what we need to keep going
You must be one of those ones on furlong Hardstation?

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 26, 2020, 12:50:48 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 26, 2020, 12:06:55 PM
Hardstation the South put that plan out 5 weeks ago. Robbie Swan let them know here on Friday. No plan just a press conference
Anyway you are right no need to compare anymore
Interesting statement from WHO that a second wave is looking increasing unlikely
Nothing to suggest anywhere that it will happen
On another note thon Michael Gove is a slippery git
Hope we can all agree on that one

Smurfy, where did you read this?

I'm guessing it's to do with this, where a WHO guy talked about a second peak rather than a second wave being the more immediate problem.  https://nypost.com/2020/05/26/who-warns-of-immediate-second-peak-of-coronavirus/

Blowitupref

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 26, 2020, 11:38:12 AM
Ireland are 11th in the list of deaths per million, don't think there should be any back slapping.

Those lists are fairly pointless especially when many other countries aren't including every Covid-19 death and don't include possible deaths like the Republic.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

toby47

Does it look like house prices will fall at all over the next few months due to the coronavirus pandemic?

Taylor

Quote from: toby47 on May 26, 2020, 04:17:49 PM
Does it look like house prices will fall at all over the next few months due to the coronavirus pandemic?

Initially I thought they would but given the cost of borrowing is set to remain low I think they may drop 1-2% if not hold their value.

The issue will be the people doing the buying wont be first time buyers but more property developers who have the cash.

Many first time buyers may not have wont have secure jobs which will mean mortgage companies will be asking for higher deposits.

imtommygunn

No deaths reported here (up north) today at all. That is good progress too.

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 26, 2020, 05:27:43 PM
No deaths reported here (up north) today at all. That is good progress too.

Still a shed load of cases in England. The UK figure today is 4000 cases, which is about the same as rest of Western Europe put together. So far 14% of cases have died, now this will be greatly reduced because they are doing more testing, but even if it was the same death rate as Germany that number of cases will mean significant deaths in 2 or 3 weeks time.

37 cases in ROI, things going in the right direction, especially as anyone can get a test now without difficulty.  So the UK today has 8 times the number of new cases as ROI and likely more given the state of testing.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Yeah I am only talking about up here. I think all things considered this island hasn't done too bad.

Smurfy123

37 new cases in the South is great news
That's the lowest since mid March
We are moving in the right direction
60 odd new cases and 9 deaths on this island
Every death is terrible but we are definitely moving in the right direction

Cunny Funt

Family holidays later this summer in Sligo anyone?

Eamonnca1

I have a cousin with a wife and baby who escaped London to Sligo when the outbreak began. I'm glad he did.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 26, 2020, 03:15:31 PM
No keep in the 2 M social distancing when you are out
Keep washing your hands
Keep coughing into your elbow
That's what we need to keep going
You must be one of those ones on furlong Hardstation?

You must be raging at no deaths in the north
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123