66 days

Started by winghalfback, August 13, 2016, 10:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghalfback

Have you seen this? What's your opinion?

I think it's a very hard hitting look at one of the most prominent times in our lives. For me it evoked so many sad memories of a horrible time in our lives, but by god it reinforces also their steely resolve and determination in my mind. Brave men, heroes.

T Fearon

Complete waste when you consider the present day,SF ensconced at Stormont and the Queen being fawned over North and South.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on August 14, 2016, 02:49:22 PM
Complete waste when you consider the present day,SF ensconced at Stormont and the Queen being fawned over North and South.

Is there any other poster here as obsessed with the Queen as yourself Tony?
MWWSI 2017

The Gs Man

Is there anywhere one could watch this online if one was so inclined?
Keep 'er lit

winghalfback

Quote from: T Fearon on August 14, 2016, 02:49:22 PM

Have you seen the film Tony?

T Fearon

Have read reviews and believe it is just a series of clips.recorded at the time,which I remember well enough.As a commentator said last week Bobby Sands and the other nine must be turning in their graves.

The Gs Man

If somebody wanted a coke, Tony would insist they had Pepsi.
Keep 'er lit

muppet

Quote from: The Gs Man on August 15, 2016, 03:15:58 PM
If somebody wanted a coke, Tony would insist they had Pepsi.

..based on reviews.....having never tried either himself.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Well? What unique insight or footage does the film provide that those of us who actually lived through the period haven't seen about one hundred times already?

T Fearon

As for our revenge being the laughter of our children,in my experience the hunger strikers don't even register with our children at all.

Nigel White

What experience do you have of children as regards discussing the hunger strikes

cadhlancian

I rarely agree with Tony, but he's 100% right here. Do any of you think that had Bobby Sands seen into the future , he'd be happy? Do you think he'd have eaten his breakfast the next morning?

Nigel White

Why what's wrong with what we have now?

foxcommander

Quote from: T Fearon on August 15, 2016, 06:03:24 PM
As for our revenge being the laughter of our children,in my experience the hunger strikers don't even register with our children at all.

Children can go out and laugh and play without the fear of rubber bullets being fired at them.
The fact that it doesn't register with them is a good thing. They'll learn all about it when they get older.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

cadhlancian

The basic point is this Nigel. He didn't starve himself to death to see the likes of Martin McGuinness licking the queens hole...but wait, that's right , that's the " dinosaur point of view"....