Cookstown Incident

Started by oakleaflad, March 18, 2019, 12:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: illdecide on March 18, 2019, 10:13:53 AM
Very tragic indeed, terrible for the families. Couldn't even think of that as my daughter keeps asking to go to Cookstown for a disco but i keep refusing (thank God), just a query is that place Clubland or is that somewhere different in Cookstown?

RIP kids...Unreal for your kids to go out to a disco and not come back home again.

No Clubland is different. It's the Greenvale hotel, again not to be confused with the Glenavon hotel. All separate venues.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: illdecide on March 18, 2019, 10:13:53 AM
Very tragic indeed, terrible for the families. Couldn't even think of that as my daughter keeps asking to go to Cookstown for a disco but i keep refusing (thank God), just a query is that place Clubland or is that somewhere different in Cookstown?

RIP kids...Unreal for your kids to go out to a disco and not come back home again.

Clubland different that was the pink pussycat down the middle of the town
No longer opened
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

tyrone girl

Shocking incident. My nephew was in the queue as it happened. Traumatising for all the young ones who witnessed it also. Especially when they all knew each other. God love the families. May they all rest in peace 😢

RedHand88

Terrible the whole thing. The greenvale is a rite of passage for teenagers in mid Ulster, and further afield in recent years with the rising popularity of buses.
That's the problem with these buses, they dump people off at the door 50 or 60 at a time, doesn't take long for a crowd to build up, couple that with the doors not being opened yet and it's a disaster waiting to happen.

omagh_gael

God help those poor kids. Know of a few ones caught up in it and they're really badly shook up as you can imagine.

May the three victims of this tragedy rest in peace.

This will have serious ramifications for health and safety down the line. These sorts of incidents can not be allowed to happen ever again.

JimStynes

An absolute tragedy! I felt physically sick reading about it.

How did this happen though?? It's not a football stadium, it's an underage nightclub. Was there no queuing system to get into this place? What were the door staff doing when all this was happening? There will no doubt be all sorts of rumours over the next few weeks about who's at fault but this shouldn't have happened in this day and age. God help those poor families and children who witnessed it all.

Tony Baloney

Based on some of the first hand accounts I would be very surprised if the owner doesn't end up in prison.

JimStynes

I read one and I'd be very surprised if the bouncers or whoever it was looking out at the children don't end up in prison along side him!!

Farrandeelin

Absolutely shocking news. RIP to the children and condolences to all the families. Bouncers not coming out too good it seems.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

clarshack

Desperate stuff altogether. Sympathies to all the families who have lost loved ones. It's hard to fathom how this can happen in this day and age.

BennyCake

Terrible tragedy. My family would know one of the families involved. A few know them fairly well. God help them all. I can't imagine what they're going through.

Smokin Joe

It sounds like the same thing happened at Hillsbrough, with kids apparently knocking at the doors and staff not opening them.
If that is true that is scandalous, and unforgivable that this could happen here in 2019.

God help their families and give them strength to get through the coming days.

Dire Ear

Edendork, Dungannon and Donaghmore,  terrible tragedy

GetOverTheBar

general_lee

Shocking news. Condolences to the families. It's crazy to think how something like this can unfold. Doesn't look good for the people running the event that they initiallyseemed oblivious to what was going on outside.