Trolls/trolling

Started by Milltown Row2, November 21, 2016, 08:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Sorry Frank, I don't know what you wrote as I was testing how long it took to ignore you. It took 10 seconds.

I'll see how long it takes to undo that now.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

MWWSI 2017

JoG2

Quote from: Orior on November 21, 2016, 09:18:08 PM
My guess would be:

1. Boredom
2. Personal entertainment
3. Sadism
4. Loneliness
5. Something else

agreed, and to that end, my mild annoyance towards trolls / trolling has turned to pity. There has to be something going on in the real world for a man / woman to take to forums for their kicks. This forum is now littered with them unfortunately, poor bastids (us and them!)

ludermor

Surely it time the mods took some action action against the serial compulsive trolls though.

No wides

Maybe you should compile a list and report them to the mods.  Milltown knows all the lazy people on the dole, or doing the double, he lets that annoy him also instead of doing something about it.

OgraAnDun

Keyser soze

The implacable No Wides strikes again.

Wildweasel74

Sure we could get bomber to come in and tells us what Motivates him saying he plaguing the rugby thread and practically any given Tyrone thread

Main Street

There's a  recurring difficulty on this board  to be aware of the nature of a troll, to recognise a troll's methods of provocation and lastly with observing the effects of feeding a troll with replies.
Anybody who tried to engage with tony the troll in the child abuse thread, could see the evidence of seamless movement around an infinite loop of absolute devious stubbornness, combined with a total absence of rationality, a pathological condition.

A troll exists because posters get provoked into a reply. 
We have the childish fantasy names, stallion, the tyrone mad eéjit destroyer  and then tony the narcissist troll,  all 3 have a different approach but have the same performance effect as the clown who comes into the kindergarten and shíts in the corner of the room.

If you want the troll to go away,  don't reply, if you have taken the decision to stop replying then you have to go cold turkey and don't return to reply.
To give up nicotine you have to go cold turkey, you can't just stroll back after a few days, enjoy the one fag and still hope to stay off nicotine, so this coming back and engaging the troll with some retort, some proof that they were wrong,  some joke about something stupid they wrote, just doesn't have any effect. It's  not in the profile of a troll to have embarrassment or accept any point of correction,  they  just move along to some other issue.

A mod can impose labels onto the signature of troll
a troll alert  of sorts, 'certified troll', 'unrepentant troll'.
and to those who continually  reply to trolls,  a 'troll addict', a 'troll groupie'.
I could think of worse labels of course :)

The Stallion

Thanks for your thoughts on my username Main Street. I respectfully disagree with your thoughts. Would love to hear the story behind your username by the way.

T Fearon

I feel sad for those who get upset by the different views of others.I never do.

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on November 23, 2016, 02:45:49 PM
I feel sad for those who get upset by the different views of others.I never do.

Sociopath's never do.

T Fearon

You must have a serious issue if someone's views annoy you.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: T Fearon on November 23, 2016, 03:46:32 PM
You must have a serious issue if someone's views annoy you.

You would have been grand with Hitler's, would you?