The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

There's nothing wrong with Nutts Corner.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

I thought Liverpool might push on from last season.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ludermor

You could almost compare them to Spurs last year except at this stage Spurs were actually playing well and were second in the table and won all their europa league games.
Hopefully Liverpool can kick on and the new ( and old) players start delivering or the pressure will be really on

supersub

Quote from: gawa316 on October 02, 2014, 05:12:26 AM
Quote from: Shrewdness on October 01, 2014, 10:54:49 PM
I've said it before, and i'll say it again. When you do your summer shopping in Aldi and Lidl, as Liverpool did, you get Aldi/Lidl standard performances..
Performances last year were alright, considering we shopped at Nutts Corner. Liverpool have very, very rarely (even in the good oul days) shopped at Harrods (whatever that means). Maybe Rush coming back from Juve but that is different.

Not having the top 2 prem goalscorers available is going to make adifference. Going to take a while for new players to settle. At the minute they don't even have the luxury of being eased in due to injuries and loss of form to expected starters.

Nail on the head with regards to the 'shopping' analysis. Did alright with no shopping last year.

blewuporstuffed

a really poor performance last night with even Sterling who has started teh season brilliantly, looking very off his game.
The real problem is up front, liverpool need a player to play off the shoulder and offer a real threat all the time, mario isnt that player and certainly not when up front on his own.
The sooner Sturridge is back the better, but i think a striker witha  bit of pace is looking like a must in january.
Saying that, it will be interesting tos ee how ballotelli & sturridge fair out a s a partnership
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

mikehunt

One thing's for sure. There won't be a splurge in January. FSG must be ripping. That's twice they've heavily invested only for the team to get incredibly worse. Rodger's earned the right to spend a bit of cash this summer but he won't be given another penny. He's paid over 35m on 2 left sided centre halves and neither of them were an upgrade on what was already there. It'll be back to the old loan moves again and the likes of Moses. Hopefully Lazarus is available on loan this January.

supersub

Flannagan Skrtel Lovren Moreno
                 Can
      Hendo        Gerard         

Sterling                   Lallana
             Sturridge 

Balotelli
Coutinho
Allen
Lambert
Markovic
Enrique
Manquillo

AZOffaly

I think the squad on paper is light years ahead of where it was last couple of years. Unfortunately, they play the games on grass, and the performances have been gash, by and large. However I remain calm, and hopeful, that this will right itself. It may be too late for a top 4 place, but I do believe they are on the right trajectory when you take the long view.

The main problem I have is the lack of urgency and fight. Rodgers has to get that going ASAP. Cohesion, and the passing game in general will take time to come together, as will the understanding between a brand new back 4/5. I'm happy to let them learn and grow, but you *have* to fight to push yourself through the bad patch.

I like Rodgers philosophy, and I like the signings he has made, in general. It will take time to gel and perform well, but I can't accept lads not going as hard as they can. Last night they pressed occasionally and forced Basel into errors. Then at other times they strolled around and looked like they weren't too bothered. That's the bit I find hard to accept.

laoislad

Ahh here AZ take a chill pill....too late already for a top 4 place?
There is only 6 games out of 38 gone...

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on October 02, 2014, 02:33:58 PM
Ahh here AZ take a chill pill....too late already for a top 4 place?
There is only 6 games out of 38 gone...

I never said that. Read it again :) I said "However I remain calm, and hopeful, that this will right itself. It may be too late for a top 4 place, but I do believe they are on the right trajectory when you take the long view. "

As in, by the time they right themselves it may be too late for a top 4 place. I'm copacetic.

highorlow

That Liverpool team won't gel until such time as Balotelli is dropped or when he self implodes. He is overdue a straight red and a suspension. The sooner that happens the better for the Pool. He has taken the tempo of the team down to his lazy level.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

AZOffaly

I think that's harsh. They were playing like that before he arrived too. I agree he can't play on his own up front.

Mikhailov

Quote from: highorlow on October 02, 2014, 02:45:18 PM
That Liverpool team won't gel until such time as Balotelli is dropped or when he self implodes. He is overdue a straight red and a suspension. The sooner that happens the better for the Pool. He has taken the tempo of the team down to his lazy level.

I have to agree on this point - the front men dictate how hard and how often the team presses and if the lads behind the front man/men see that they are not pressing up top then the natural instinct is not to press at all. if the lone front man is lazy then that allows opposition back 3/4/5 time to come out with the ball and pick a pass and too late for the rest of the pool team to press up hard. In this case, Balotelli is last whereas last year both Suarez and Sturridge had a great work ethic and it was infectious through the team - when you see your main men working hard then naturally everyone else does likewise. Balotelli arrived in week 2 of the Pl and only missed the first 2 games so that is 4 PL games plus 2 CL games he has featured in and we have looked crap and that is putting it mildly....... >:( >:(

gawa316

Quote from: ONeill on October 02, 2014, 06:51:38 AM
There's nothing wrong with Nutts Corner.

There's bargains to be had but she's not a patch on Mullen Mart

StGallsGAA

Ray Clemence on the radio last night said that Balotelli only provided ONE assist during  the entire season with City.    Ironically out was to Aguero for the league winning goal but nevertheless one assist is a pretty poor stat in team that plays with 2 or 3 strikers week in week out!