Belfast GAA is dying...

Started by Belfast GAA man, February 17, 2017, 09:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Upandover on March 07, 2023, 03:50:05 PM
They have a 4g muga already, this hall is south of that in the grounds of corpus christi school.

Very good, the old tennis court area... My old school before it was Corpus
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Upandover

That exact area, i went to that school when it was corpus, now mentoring my boys in the same spot.

SaffronSports

Are all the clubs in Belfast funding their own facilities or are they getting council money, GAA money or just rich members putting loads in? Just asking as I was at Lamh Dhearg on Monday and Davitts tonight and the facilities are outstanding. Obviously quite a few other clubs in Belfast with excellent facilities too.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: SaffronSports on March 30, 2023, 11:19:19 PM
Are all the clubs in Belfast funding their own facilities or are they getting council money, GAA money or just rich members putting loads in? Just asking as I was at Lamh Dhearg on Monday and Davitts tonight and the facilities are outstanding. Obviously quite a few other clubs in Belfast with excellent facilities too.

I could be wrong but a lot of Belfast clubs I believe have their own pretty successful social clubs which generates healthy revenues

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Christmas Lights on April 02, 2023, 10:39:58 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on March 30, 2023, 11:19:19 PM

I could be wrong but a lot of Belfast clubs I believe have their own pretty successful social clubs which generates healthy revenues

Maybe one or two make a profit, since GFA the profit margins dropped by around 80%
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

I see Knock won the year 9 B colleges there. Would they now be the strongest GAA school in the city? St Mary's CBS seems to have dropped off in both codes. Any reason?