US Soldier Waterboards Four Year Old Daughter

Started by gallsman, February 09, 2010, 01:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wicked

These guys coming back from Iraq are getting almost squat in mental health services, especially the ones who were there during the really bad days. The VA is overwhelmed, and Bush didn't boost its budget to deal with a large influx of combat vets. How are things in the U.K. for returning vets?

QuoteSgt Tabor is a helicopter repairer who served in Iraq from 2007-08.

Yelm police chief Todd Stancil said Sgt Tabor was arrested on 31 January.

Officers were called after Sgt Tabor was seen walking around his neighbourhood holding a Kevlar helmet and threatening to break windows, the police chief added.

Hallmark of post-traumatic stress or a traumatic brain injury. Hope this guy gets the help he needs.

J70

I wonder does it qualify as torture in this case?

Those poor bastards who serve over there should be getting the best quality care at the US taxpayers' expense, but unfortunately for a country that is so laudatory about military service it is very often not the case.

ardmhachaabu

Tyrones Own, stew, magickingdom et al are a bit too quiet on this
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

haranguerer

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 09, 2010, 09:20:39 AM

On what - post traumatic stress, or the fact that some people are sadistic f**kers?

Olly

I think that this is a wee bit overboard, the article and the police. It says "dunked the girl's head in a sink full of water for not reciting the alphabet". But in many families there are mad parents who punish children for not doing the correct thing or not learning. This is a wee but too PC I think.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Hardy

Now I'm going off you again, Olly. I'm not much of a PC fan myself, but I don't hold with pretending to drown your child (and she probably was the only one who didn't know he was pretending) as some sort of freedom of expression.

Olly

Hardy. How do you know he was pretneding to drown her? How do you know it wasnt just a dunking you would get in school? The journalist makes some link between this and the 'waterboarding' idea. If the father was a joiner or a baker, they wouldnt have made that link .
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Hardy

What school did you go to? More frighteningly, do you have kids?

Sorry - stupid question.

Olly

What? What is this? What buisness is it of your to ask my private details? What did you eat for breakfast? What underwear have you on now? How dare you.

Hardy

I have no problem with openness and transparency.

Toast and marmalade.
The normal.
Easily.

(Why were you jumping over yourself to reveal your "private details" from your first post here, if you didn't want anyone to know them?)

(Good stuff, O'Neill).

haranguerer

Quote from: Olly on February 09, 2010, 10:51:26 AM
What? What is this? What buisness is it of your to ask my private details? What did you eat for breakfast? What underwear have you on now? How dare you.

Complete windup merchant.

What happened the club you were affiliated to when you joined? I remember asking you a question about them which you never answered, soon after the club on your details disappeared... ;)

Olly

Quote from: haranguerer on February 09, 2010, 12:15:09 PM
Quote from: Olly on February 09, 2010, 10:51:26 AM

Complete windup merchant.

What happened the club you were affiliated to when you joined? I remember asking you a question about them which you never answered, soon after the club on your details disappeared... ;)

I'm sorry what did you ask me? I removed my club because I was private messaged by someone that my identity would be know quickly.

haranguerer

Well, for one - you say your own club has suffered from Galls lifting players from them - who exactly?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 09, 2010, 09:20:39 AM
Why would they be quiet? They would have been in bed (I assume) in the US when you posted, so I would assume they will maintain radio silence until later today.
Are the US military/government directly responsible for this? No.
Would Stew, TO etc. condone this behaviour? No.

What exaclty is your point again?