GAABoard Fantasy NFL - Superbowl V - Champion Crowned

Started by AZOffaly, July 06, 2009, 12:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

On due reflection I think last years scoring wasnt far off. My reason for suggesting point per reception is that I think that QB's are a little over powered in the above.

Something like what Dinny said will address that but I think a TD should be worth more than four points. Especially when you consider a long field goal would net the same return.

How about:
Passing Touchdowns   4 Points
Rushing Touchdowns   6 Points
Reception Touchdowns  6 Points

I still think PPR is worth a shout as it awards backs and receivers, but not QB's, thus evening things a bit.

ceiphas50

The NY Jets III are in,learnt a lot from the rookie season hoping to go better this year..... only problem I had was with free agency,even with az locking it over weekend the same  player/s (in peyton anyhow) got in first to pick every week....is there any way of making this fairer???
Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

mc_grens

I think this is never gonna satisfy everyone...

Some people have better access at work, some don't.

Some people have access to the net while watching the games on SUnday, some don't.

Many people are in different time zones. There's no keeping everyone happy on this one

I reckon we leave it as it was last year or just open it altogether.

The Watcher Pat

I'll have a go at this for a bit of craic!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Minder

If this thread is to express an interest i am doing so.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bombidal

Bombidal shall be retaining his crown. Bombidal is a bigger fan of the nfl.com ( much better game all game ) but yahoo one is fine by bombidal ( bombidal will be in a few nfl.com ones either way ), bombidal will win the yahoo one anyway. Seriously bombidal is going to create a dynasty. People on this board and beyond will be talking about bombidal's greatest for years to come. Peace out.
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

the Deel Rover

Quote from: bombidal on July 08, 2009, 09:59:24 PM
Bombidal shall be retaining his crown. Bombidal is a bigger fan of the nfl.com ( much better game all game ) but yahoo one is fine by bombidal ( bombidal will be in a few nfl.com ones either way ), bombidal will win the yahoo one anyway. Seriously bombidal is going to create a dynasty. People on this board and beyond will be talking about bombidal's greatest for years to come. Peace out.
:D :D :D love the 3rd person speak ,in fairness you do liven it up bombidal . have you joined some cult
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Lone Shark

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 07, 2009, 04:17:59 PM

Scoring Settings
Edit Settings
Passing Touchdowns   6 Points
Interceptions   -2 Points

I agree that qb's can score a bit heavily, but I'd prefer to level it up by making bigger punishment for interceptions. There's no way that a qb who throws 2 td's and 0 ints should be outscored by a guy with 4tds and 5 ints. I'd make interceptions as -4. 

Points Allowed 0 points   15 Points
Points Allowed 1-6 points   10 Points
Points Allowed 7-13 points   7 Points
Points Allowed 14-20 points   2 Points
Points Allowed 21-27 points   0 Points
Points Allowed 28-34 points   -1 Points
Points Allowed 35+ points   -4 Points

I'd like to see more weight to this. Defences right now score a lot more for being a "bells and whistles" D that scores a load of turnovers than if they force a game full of three-and-outs. They already score highly enough, however I'd change the last three to -1, -4 and -7 respectively.

Otherwise I'd be happy enough with the scoring.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: mc_grens on July 08, 2009, 09:44:15 PM
I think this is never gonna satisfy everyone...

Some people have better access at work, some don't.

Some people have access to the net while watching the games on SUnday, some don't.

Many people are in different time zones. There's no keeping everyone happy on this one

I reckon we leave it as it was last year or just open it altogether.

You can use a waiver system based on team points, low team gets first pick on up to first place team.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

bombidal

Scoring systems ? How about everyone chip in some money so bombidal can have a winners trophy at the end of the season to look at every morning over breakfast.
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

ONeill

Determined not to choke with 3 games left like 08/09
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

declan85

Quote from: bombidal on July 09, 2009, 10:49:58 AM
Scoring systems ? How about everyone chip in some money so bombidal can have a winners trophy at the end of the season to look at every morning over breakfast.

Something like this??  ;) :D

Dinny Breen

Quote from: bombidal on July 08, 2009, 09:59:24 PM

What happened 2 years ago?  :D
#newbridgeornowhere

turk

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 06, 2009, 12:05:57 PM
Hi All,

It's nearly getting to that time of year when we start thinking of quarterbacks, sacks, hail marys and blitz defences. Last year we ran two conferences because of interest, (We had 28 entrants). I'd propose doing the same setup again if we have the numbers. What does everybody think?

Finally, I'd use Yahoo again, because we are all so familiar with the setup there now, but if anyone else has alternatives like NFL.com or CBSSports or whatever, lets have them and we can decide.

Cheers

This season, Yahoo gives the option to disallow picking up free agents during the weekend periods, which was a major drawback before. I think all players not picked up before the weekend automatically go onto waivers until after all matches are over.

mc_grens