Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Quote from: Under Lights on July 11, 2022, 06:24:10 AM
Paddy Tally to be considered as the next Tyrone manager?

Definitely one for the short list. Maybe some view him more as a coach than manager tho?
Paul Devlin has to be in the equation. So he does.
Collie Holmes too.

HokeyPokey

Quote from: toby47 on July 11, 2022, 09:39:22 AM
Quote from: HokeyPokey on July 11, 2022, 09:32:42 AM

Kerry playing similar to the later MH years, setting up defensively to counter and not competing for kick outs at all, with maybe some more kicking. Having Clifford to kick to is a big difference to a Mark Bradley. Not convinced about this Kerry team. They don't really have any good forwards outside the Cliffords and O'Shea. Not much on the bench from what I can see.

There's no other county in Ireland at the minute with talent like Tony Brosnan, Killian Spillane, Adrian Spillane, Jack Savage, Gavin Crowley, Michael Burns on the bench....

They had no impact yesterday other than Dara Moynihan scoring one and him and Killian Spillane kicking a few bad wides...

toby47

So your judging players them on 20 odd minutes football?

Jim Bob

Quote from: God14 on July 11, 2022, 09:40:00 AM

Definitely one for the short list. Maybe some view him more as a coach than manager tho?
Collie Holmes too.

Wouldn't imagine Holmes would be a contender. Has just taken on the principal ship of Academy Dungannon so that will take up his time I'd imagine.
Niall Morgan in similar position maybe ,re county commitments, with  his new teaching post

inroundthesquare

Heard Morgan saying recently something along the lines of he wouldn't retire from Tyrone until he was sure that the next keeper was as good and ready to take over.
I'd say he has a few years in him yet.

HokeyPokey

Quote from: inroundthesquare on July 11, 2022, 10:03:13 AM
Heard Morgan saying recently something along the lines of he wouldn't retire from Tyrone until he was sure that the next keeper was as good and ready to take over.
I'd say he has a few years in him yet.

I think he was very good this year again to my memory and I would say is arguably the best in the business.

Benny Gallen did look good that one time he played, but would he still be on the scene whenever Morgan goes? Anyway, not something I'd be too concerned about currently.

smort

Lorcan quinn probably the next man up

Mikhailov

Quote from: Jim Bob on July 11, 2022, 09:55:29 AM

Collie Holmes too.

Wouldn't imagine Holmes would be a contender. Has just taken on the principal ship of Academy Dungannon so that will take up his time I'd imagine.
Niall Morgan in similar position maybe ,re county commitments, with  his new teaching post

What new teaching post has Morgan got?

Jim Bob

Quote from: Mikhailov on July 11, 2022, 11:10:31 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on July 11, 2022, 09:55:29 AM

Collie Holmes too.

What new teaching post has Morgan got?

Principal of a small primary school in Co Armagh

Scoring Zone

If that today (and the year past) does not light a fire under all of the u-20's and the whole senior squad  as well as club players (trying to break into the seniors) to really go hell for leather to make the senior squad nothing will - All-ireland is wide open for the next 5 years

BrotherMore6592

Agreed. Kerry are ordinary enough without Clifford, been saying it all year.

And I realise he is a mammoth on his own but it's true.

HokeyPokey

Felt like Kerry won same without any really great team performances. Maybe they will improve from this, but if you took Clifford out of that team there isn't much else to be very afraid of in my own opinion.

Hopefully it does light a fire under Tyrone. The new format means Tyrone can afford more mistakes potentially.

tyrone08

I would imagine the tyrone players would be kicking themselves this year. They wont get an easier path to a final again especially to win back to back titles. Whatever issues happened this year need sorted before next year

Fear ón Srath Bán

We definitely have an issue with defending the AI Crown, however, Ulster is without question the most difficult province from which to emerge intact, and that's a whole different minefield to be negotiated each year regardless.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

An Watcher

Not a bad problem to have at the same time.  If we continue to be unable to defend our all ireland crowns over the coming years, I'll be content enough