Walsh Cup 2020

Started by burdizzo, November 08, 2019, 11:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Laois in a group with Dublin, Carlow, and Westmeath, with the only home game being against Westmeath on 5th Jan. Start away to Dublin in less than a month!

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: burdizzo on November 08, 2019, 11:08:06 PM
Laois in a group with Dublin, Carlow, and Westmeath, with the only home game being against Westmeath on 5th Jan. Start away to Dublin in less than a month!
Jayzus, already?!?!
That'll be a scrappy match, with the Dubs wanting some payback.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

burdizzo

They'll both be trying out new lads, I'd say.

redsetanta

Jaysus hurling in mid December..............should be a cracker!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Mossy Bruce

Here's the schedule from https://leinstergaa.ie/competitions/bord-na-mona-walsh-cup-s-h-2018/

Round 1
8 December 2019, at 2:00 pm   
Dublin v Laois
Westmeath v Carlow

Round 2
15 December 2019, at 2:00 pm             
Westmeath v Dublin
Carlow v Laois

Round 3
5 January 2020, 2:00 pm      
Dublin v Carlow
Laois v Westmeath

Semi-Finals                
12 January 2020      

Final    

19 January 2020
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on November 12, 2019, 05:35:30 PM
Here's the schedule from https://leinstergaa.ie/competitions/bord-na-mona-walsh-cup-s-h-2018/

Round 1
Dublin v Laois
Westmeath v Carlow

Round 2
Westmeath v Dublin
Carlow v Laois

Round 3
Dublin v Carlow
Laois v Westmeath

Semi-Finals                
12 January 2020      

Final    

19 January 2020

Is there even a team in training at this point?

Spiritof1915

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on November 12, 2019, 05:59:03 PM
Quote from: Mossy Bruce on November 12, 2019, 05:35:30 PM

Round 1
Dublin v Laois
Westmeath v Carlow

Round 2
Westmeath v Dublin
Carlow v Laois

Round 3
Dublin v Carlow
Laois v Westmeath

Semi-Finals                
12 January 2020      

Final    

19 January 2020

Is there even a team in training at this point?
Starting back officially on Friday I believe.
Players meeting last Sunday. 

blueandwhite1

I know it's always hard to get a picture at this time of year but any news of who's in and out?

We know Cha and Ben Conroy are out. The RE contingent will hopefully be missing until Xmas (or Paddy's day!!). Expect a few of last years U21s might have stepped up?

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on November 13, 2019, 12:59:04 PM
I know it's always hard to get a picture at this time of year but any news of who's in and out?

We know Cha and Ben Conroy are out. The RE contingent will hopefully be missing until Xmas (or Paddy's day!!). Expect a few of last years U21s might have stepped up?

James Keyes, Eoin Gaughan, Liam Senior were the main ones who I was impressed with last year.

Blow-in

Dont know how true it is but hearing a number of Laois players opting off the panel for the coming year. Up to 6 players(2 we already know) who would really offer something. If true sums up the attitude to hurling in this county. Players afraid to be challenged. The mindset of some people would drive ya mad. Then again it's an unbelievable commitment players have to give but still frustrating as a fan.

burdizzo

Are these lads that were on it, or lads that might have come in?

Blow-in

Yeah players who were on the panel last year and played in a number of games. The 2 obvious one are Cha and Ben Conroy but the other 3/4 I wont name until it's out in the open. Very disappointing if true. I was just wondering did anyone else hear anything?

blueandwhite1

Heard of one or two that are unlikely to be involved because of understandable health issues but would hope that they come back eventually. There are a couple of the older lads that you would imagine will have to make decisions.

Big question for me is whether there is any new blood.

Anyone from Camross (Gearoid Burke, Ciaran Collier, Dwayne Palmer)?
Leigh Bergin back?
Sean Downey?
Joe Campion?
James Keyes?
John Purcell (could he give a year as corner back cover given the season he has had?)
James Ryan?
Cian Taylor?

burdizzo

Sean Downey staying in America, I believe.

Spiritof1915

Ciaran Collier asked and refused by all accounts. word picky is not available either.