Gaels amalgamations

Started by The Monument Road, December 02, 2016, 01:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: burdizzo on December 04, 2018, 07:42:08 AM
Slieve Margy is finding it hard to keep going...
Thought they were gone tbh.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

merman

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on December 04, 2018, 10:48:14 AM

I think they are.
Haven't competed in championship for two years now.

Don Draper

Quote from: merman on December 04, 2018, 10:54:25 AM
Quote from: Heshs Umpire on December 04, 2018, 10:48:14 AM

I think they are.
Haven't competed in championship for two years now.
Only club to have no rep at convention last night.

burdizzo

Yeah, but I saw a lad on the Laois minor panel listed as being from Slieve Margy, so...? They're in with Park-Ratheniska/ Timahoe/ Graiguecullen in at least some juvenile levels. Unfortunate for Ratheniska, as it means leaving a lot of their own lads on the  line.

clonadmad

Quote from: burdizzo on December 04, 2018, 02:00:45 PM
Yeah, but I saw a lad on the Laois minor panel listed as being from Slieve Margy, so...? They're in with Park-Ratheniska/ Timahoe/ Graiguecullen in at least some juvenile levels. Unfortunate for Ratheniska, as it means leaving a lot of their own lads on the  line.

Was wondering that myself

Do you know how many ratheniska lads are being left on the line ?

I remember asking someone in the know from Margy did they have anyone from Graigue and they didn't anymore

I do always have a good laugh when I hear the football crew on here bemoaning the lack of opportunities for footballers in hurling clubs when at worst they have an outlet in Junior.

The reality is that large tracts of this county are a hurling desert.

SCFC

Quote from: clonadmad on December 04, 2018, 05:11:14 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on December 04, 2018, 02:00:45 PM

Was wondering that myself

Do you know how many ratheniska lads are being left on the line ?

I remember asking someone in the know from Margy did they have anyone from Graigue and they didn't anymore

I do always have a good laugh when I hear the football crew on here bemoaning the lack of opportunities for footballers in hurling clubs when at worst they have an outlet in Junior.

The reality is that large tracts of this county are a hurling desert.

There's no interest. Honestly. It's been tried. Over and over and over. Hurling clubs don't survive past Ratheniska or Ballinakill. They have come and gone. St Conleths. Milltown. Ballylinan. Courtwood. Arles Killeen. Graiguecullen. Slieve Margy.
There's currently a nice team of young lads under 13 in the Portarlington Emo area. Won a B championship last year. Guaranteed to fall away over the next few years.
I think the arrangement in place at the moment where lads from Emo, The Rock and Kilcavan hurl with Mountmellick, lads from Stradbally hurl with Timahoe or Ratheniska, lads from The Heath hurl with Clonad and so on is fine. 

Blow-in

In fairness clonadmad and Burdizzo I can see the medals and cups stacked up out in Clonad from the Midway!

SCFC

There was a motion passed at convention this week. All amalgamations and entries will have to be finalised by 14th January and there won't be any exceptions to that.

There's a very important county committee meeting next Monday night to decide what will and won't be allowed in terms of Gaels teams etc.

Behindthefence

Quote from: SCFC on December 06, 2018, 08:58:44 AM
There was a motion passed at convention this week. All amalgamations and entries will have to be finalised by 14th January and there won't be any exceptions to that.

There's a very important county committee meeting next Monday night to decide what will and won't be allowed in terms of Gaels teams etc.

Doesn't come in until January 2020

clonadmad

Quote from: SCFC on December 06, 2018, 08:58:44 AM

They said similar when it was moved to 7th Jan a few years back and it was flouted on a regular basis every year

We joined up with Port after the u15 hurling  league in May this year and there was no issues,we were waved on by the CB.

clonadmad

I believe after next Saturday night

St.Patricks will come into existence

BallyroanAbbey

Church in Abbeyleix and Spink is St Lazerians and the one in Ballinakill is St Brigids so where is St Patricks coming from

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on December 06, 2018, 09:52:17 AM
Church in Abbeyleix and Spink is St Lazerians and the one in Ballinakill is St Brigids so where is St Patricks coming from
He's the Patron Saint of Ireland.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on December 06, 2018, 09:45:53 AM

The whole thing is madness. Especially for Abbeyleix. No need whatsover to even be considering this, except the prospect of a county final win (a tainted one in my opinion). I don't ever recall a club in such a strong position to stand alone jumping to amalgamate.

Anthony Coffey must have some influence. Left Trumera for Ballinakill and they tried to go Gaels together.
Spends a year in Ballinakill and Abbeyleix are all set to amalgamate with them.
Get that man up in Stormont quick!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 06, 2018, 10:06:31 AM
Quote from: clonadmad on December 06, 2018, 09:45:53 AM

The whole thing is madness. Especially for Abbeyleix. No need whatsover to even be considering this, except the prospect of a county final win (a tainted one in my opinion). I don't ever recall a club in such a strong position to stand alone jumping to amalgamate.

Anthony Coffey must have some influence. Left Trumera for Ballinakill and they tried to go Gaels together.
Spends a year in Ballinakill and Abbeyleix are all set to amalgamate with them.
Get that man up in Stormont quick!
Laois GAA is littered with tainted titles. There's been more tainted ones than not.