The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 11, 2018, 02:43:05 PM
I don't get people saying they only score from set pieces. Set pieces are a huge part of the f**king game, massive. England have obviously done a tonne of work on them and it's paying off. Comparing it to Kane taking the corners at the euros, it's night and day.
I also think it's very hard to counteract that strength on the bounce. Teams take months or years to get the right structure defending corners. It's not like saying we'll double mark Modric or we'll push up on Mansuckic.

Fair play to England

'We'll'😂 England have as much chance of winning World Cup as Mayo have of winning Sam😎

AQMP

Quote from: Insane Bolt on July 11, 2018, 04:25:49 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 11, 2018, 02:43:05 PM
I don't get people saying they only score from set pieces. Set pieces are a huge part of the f**king game, massive. England have obviously done a tonne of work on them and it's paying off. Comparing it to Kane taking the corners at the euros, it's night and day.
I also think it's very hard to counteract that strength on the bounce. Teams take months or years to get the right structure defending corners. It's not like saying we'll double mark Modric or we'll push up on Mansuckic.

Fair play to England

'We'll'😂 England have as much chance of winning World Cup as Mayo have of winning Sam😎

Well there's only three teams who can win it and one of them is England.

Gmac

Sterling will be vital for England if he plays well or scores they should win
Can see the Croats diving in at him so maybe penalty or free kick opportunities also direct running at speed should create some chances for Kane and co trailing the play .

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Cunny Funt

Set piece goal and fine strike in fairness to him.

Insane Bolt

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AQMP

We'll see if Croatia have anything now

Captain Obvious

Ideal start, the English can now play this game on their own terms.

BennyCake

Quote from: AQMP on July 11, 2018, 07:07:30 PM
We'll see if Croatia have anything now

I never trusted Croatia to outscore those w**ks.

AQMP

Croats look flat and leggy.  Modric and Rakitic look like they'd rather be elsewhere

ONeill

England remind me of Fermanagh 2004.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Insane Bolt

Croatia need to expose Maguire's lack of pace.

BennyCake

Everything is going for them, that I can't see them losing this. Reminds me of Chelsea 2012 in CL. I hope to f**k I'm wrong!