The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link

Quote from: trailer on June 19, 2018, 08:48:17 AM

And the person who drops a ball out of his/her pocket rather than bothering to look their original, or go back and play another from the correct place? Is he/she being lazy too?

this isn't done in a local comp or society never mind a US open. What a comment.

No one cares if aul Joe, playing off 22 with his mates for a few quid, bends the rules a bit on his way to shooting 27 points.

thewobbler

I don't think it was cheating so much as a complete head stagger.

Cheating is when you contrive to offer yourself an advantage that you didn't gain through playing in accordance with the rules.

While it did look odd as hell and it's not something you'd want to see repeated, a 2-stroke penalty means it will never be advantageous to copy this behaviour, and it should be plenty deterrent for any golfer at any level.

Applesisapples

Mickleson contacted officials apparently, explained what he had done and was happy to accept disqualification if that was the outcome, officials decided that a 2 shot penalty was appropriate. Mickleson may be rich and white, he can't really help that. But unlike our own spoilt hollywood brat, Phil takes time with supporters at every tournament to sign autographs and interact. He spent an hour on Sunday doing so, most of us after 18 holes just want to get home.

Puckoon

Trailer, there's more evidence that you're an arsehole in this thread than Phil will ever be.

Therealdonald

It was either laziness or a head stagger from big Phil. He was out of the tournament, no chance of winning so it's not as if he was gaining an unfair advantage. As mentioned above the two stroke penalty is enough of a deterrent. Anyone talking otherwise is just talking out of their hole.

screenexile

A lot of people get viciously carried away about very trivial things when it comes to golf!!

Phil was like +10 at the time who cares??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 19, 2018, 01:34:36 PM
Mickleson contacted officials apparently, explained what he had done and was happy to accept disqualification if that was the outcome, officials decided that a 2 shot penalty was appropriate. Mickleson may be rich and white, he can't really help that. But unlike our own spoilt hollywood brat, Phil takes time with supporters at every tournament to sign autographs and interact. He spent an hour on Sunday doing so, most of us after 18 holes just want to get home.

So from Phil being labelled a cheat to getting stuck into Rory? Ffs lad stick to the topic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Orior

I thought Phil's bigger foul was running on the green to catch the moving ball.

He's a big heavy fella so running would leave aberrations.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 19, 2018, 11:19:09 PM
Is Rory a Prod?

No, vegan. He's never been the same since he cut his big mop of curly hair.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

It was more of a gentle prance  ;D

Nothing to see here.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2018, 11:16:13 PM

So from Phil being labelled a cheat to getting stuck into Rory? Ffs lad stick to the topic
It says golf thread son

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 20, 2018, 11:27:25 AM

It says golf thread son

No the topic was about Phil cheating son, the thread is about golf lad! Catch yourself on a bit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Applesisapples

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 20, 2018, 12:16:23 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 20, 2018, 11:27:25 AM

It says golf thread son

No the topic was about Phil cheating son, the thread is about golf lad! Catch yourself on a bit
So where does it say I'm not allowed to introduce another "topic"? I'd say you need to do the catching on or perhaps you are the censor?

Puckoon

Phil with the big Mea Culpa yesterday

"I know this should've come sooner, but it's taken me a few days to calm down. My anger and frustration got the best of me last weekend. I'm embarrassed and disappointed by my actions.

"It was clearly not my finest moment and I'm sorry."