Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

orangeman

Irish light-flyweight Paddy Barnes will have to be content with a bronze medal in Beijing after losing against China's Zou Shiming in Friday's semi-finals.

The Chinese gold medal favourite claimed a comprehensive 15-0 win over the Belfast fighter.

Barnes chased Zou all over the ring in the first round but still found himself 2-0 down despite landing a great shot.

Zou picked Barnes off during the rest of the bout although the Irishman later dubbed the final margin a "disgrace".

In the immediate aftermath of his defeat, a furious Barnes claimed that he didn't "care about the bronze medal".

"They can keep it for all I care," added Barnes, who blasted the judging in the bout.

We're in China so what do you expect

Paddy Barnes

"They (the judges) should hang their heads in shame.

"There's no doubt I lost the fight by miles but not scoring a point?

"I'm getting drug tested here. The judges should be getting drug tested.

"But we're in China so what do you expect."

The 21-year-old Irishman came out fighting in the first round and he certainly looked as though he had landed one good shot on the Chinese fighter.

Zou picked up six more points in the second round although the brawling Barnes, once again, appeared to be unfortunate not to have got on the scoresheet.

It was more of the same in the third round at Zou racked up five more points and kept the increasingly ragged Barnes scoreless to increase the lead to 11-0.

The pattern continued in the closing round as the defending world champion progressed to the decider.

bridgegael

why is it a non-title fight??

can only see one winner here,  pacquaio will be just too good for DLH, would really be the potential to be one of the greatest fights ever if DLH was in his prime.  still should be a good fight though.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

longball

Does anyone know a website where I can watch the Amir Khan fight on line tonight????????
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Rav67

Quote from: bridgegael on August 30, 2008, 11:15:22 AM
why is it a non-title fight??

can only see one winner here,  pacquaio will be just too good for DLH, would really be the potential to be one of the greatest fights ever if DLH was in his prime.  still should be a good fight though.

It's non-title because Pac has usually fought at super-featherweight before and only moved up to lightweight for his last fight and is now jumping another 2 divisions!  :o  DLH is coming down a division for it I think so it will be difficult for both of them in terms of adjusting to their body weight. 

Gonna have a look soon for the Khan fight online, if I find anything I'll post it up.

Carmen Stateside

Carmen Stateside

gerry

theres not many sports that you can not get to view live on some of the justin channels
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on September 06, 2008, 10:02:25 PM
Quote from: gerry on September 06, 2008, 09:41:18 PM
theres not many sports that you can not get to view live on some of the justin channels

Unbelievable so it is, great stuff!!  Why pay box office when you can streamed on the internet!!!!

Audley Harrison is one buffoon...absolutely useless

some of the connection can be poor, you need a good broadband connection.

though playing poker, watching boxing and posting on here is a bit much

gerry

paste this into address box for best picture but no commentary

mms://208.75.230.31/kotv

gerry

gerry

khan knocked down twice in the first round he not be as cocky now

gerry

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on September 06, 2008, 11:39:21 PM
Typical English  irish media building up the lads, putting extra pressure on him them.  They always make out their sports stars are better than they actually are!!  ie England soccer dublin gaa players will win every tournament they play in  ::)

How the hell do you come back from a defeat like that???

could nearly post this on the other tread