Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Quote from: gallsman on October 21, 2017, 11:47:11 PM
Cracking scrap and good win for Burnett.

Looked closer at the fight than the Judge's scores suggested. What was it like on tv?

From where i was the Kazakh was bullying RB the whole fight, pushing him back and grabbing his arms..gave RB no room to move whatsoever but RB battled gamefully and landed cleaner shots in last 2 rounds...other than that i couldnt have separated them

No action replay screens in the SSE arena unfortunately

Kazakh was hard as nails

Felt the Dub was robbed in the fight before it
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

nrico2006

First 5 of 6 rounds were tight but Burnett did the better work in latter stages. Sickener of a decision in the Hyland Jr fight.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gold on October 22, 2017, 12:44:23 AM
Quote from: gallsman on October 21, 2017, 11:47:11 PM
Cracking scrap and good win for Burnett.

Looked closer at the fight than the Judge's scores suggested. What was it like on tv?

From where i was the Kazakh was bullying RB the whole fight, pushing him back and grabbing his arms..gave RB no room to move whatsoever but RB battled gamefully and landed cleaner shots in last 2 rounds...other than that i couldnt have separated them

No action replay screens in the SSE arena unfortunately

Kazakh was hard as nails

Felt the Dub was robbed in the fight before it

Hyland was actually very embarrassed looking after his fight!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Syferus

Only one winner here. Taylor's power is frightening. Another class.

gallsman

Taylor so superior but she's eating the odd shot here and there that she shouldn't, especially with Sanchez not making weight. Has to be careful.

DuffleKing

She's never had any defence- unlikely to develop one now !

Syferus

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 28, 2017, 08:37:14 PM

Only on here could an eejit be so comically negative when perhaps the most loved Olympian Ireland has ever produced is about to win a world title.

Minder

Quote from: Syferus on October 28, 2017, 08:41:31 PM

Only on here could an eejit be so comically negative when perhaps the most loved Olympian Ireland has ever produced is about to win a world title.

Most loved ? Wise up ffs
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

Quote from: Minder on October 28, 2017, 08:48:44 PM

Most loved ? Wise up ffs

Michelle Smith isn't exactly loved, and if you're trying to tell me Michael Carruth is..

She's brilliant. Great to see her win a world title.

Asal Mor

I would have said it was a fair observation and not necessarily negative.  Maybe she's so loved because she's got such an attacking style. It's a wonder that someone as positive as yourself feels the need to dish out personal insults, just as Ireland's most loved olympian is about to win a world title.

Syferus

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 28, 2017, 08:54:40 PM

I would have said it was a fair observation and not necessarily negative.  Maybe she's so loved because she's got such an attacking style. It's a wonder that someone as positive as yourself feels the need to dish out personal insults, just as Ireland's most loved olympian is about to win a world title.

If you think calling out that sort of negative stuff is personal abuse you're a very sheltered person. This forum had a tendency towards pissing and moaning over even the most positive achievements. Pity.

gallsman

Of all the examples over the years of posters racing to get offended on behalf of someone else, that might just be the worst. Eejit.

Boycey

Aye, it's a fair enough comment she does take more shots than you would like. I'm no expert on women's boxing but maybe it's a calculated risk not thinking opponents have the necessary power even if they catch her.

This girl she fought tonight is a world champ, are there better belts out there? Katie was miles ahead of her but she was game in fairness..

gallsman

Ridiculous stoppage considering how much Takam had been allowed fight on. Shipped a few shots but he was trying to defend himself and wasn't badly rocked. Ref made a balls of it too. Too timid to jump in and Joshua's final shots landed when Takam was in ref's headlock ffs.

Poor fight altogether. Joshua win was as guaranteed