Three Hours of Sunlight Per Day Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2013

Started by drici, February 17, 2013, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Will Ballinderry give the winners of the Cross / Kilcoo tie a real game? Hears they were poor against Scotstown, although they look very impressive on paper.

Glenswilly must be quietly fancying their chances of winning this outright too if all the heavyweights wear each other out...
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 07, 2013, 08:50:40 PM
Will Ballinderry give the winners of the Cross / Kilcoo tie a real game? Hears they were poor against Scotstown, although they look very impressive on paper.

Glenswilly must be quietly fancying their chances of winning this outright too if all the heavyweights wear each other out...

No matter who comes out of Sunday's game will have to play 3 weeks in a row on heavy pitches so would say Ballinderry will give whoever a game. Scotstown are no bad team so it was a good win for them and as you say they do look good on paper.

supersub

Quote from: armaghniac on November 07, 2013, 02:55:41 PM
QuoteA certain Mr Clarke could be around IF they got over Kilcoo on Sunday, which is very possible. Kilcoo played out of their skin and only got a draw after extra time, and arguably should have been beaten in extra time!

The Cross goal was fortuitous and Kilcoo missed a sitting goal in extra time. Even if Cross get over Kilcoo another week is not going to make much difference to the selection, although apparently they may be playing Ballinderry in Newry if that comes about.

And Kilcoo's second was a well worked masterpiece? Hearty made a mistake for it the same way Kilcoo made a mistake at the end of normal time. Works both ways. Fact is Cross are still there despite themselves and their absentees. Will be interesting to see how (if) Kilcoo cope without a couple of their main men.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: supersub on November 08, 2013, 09:42:25 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 07, 2013, 02:55:41 PM
QuoteA certain Mr Clarke could be around IF they got over Kilcoo on Sunday, which is very possible. Kilcoo played out of their skin and only got a draw after extra time, and arguably should have been beaten in extra time!

The Cross goal was fortuitous and Kilcoo missed a sitting goal in extra time. Even if Cross get over Kilcoo another week is not going to make much difference to the selection, although apparently they may be playing Ballinderry in Newry if that comes about.

And Kilcoo's second was a well worked masterpiece? Hearty made a mistake for it the same way Kilcoo made a mistake at the end of normal time. Works both ways. Fact is Cross are still there despite themselves and their absentees. Will be interesting to see how (if) Kilcoo cope without a couple of their main men.

All true but we are completely to the wire in terms of injuries and the advantage is clearly with Ballinderry in the long run as they are sitting nicely poised to pick of the leftovers of either team that comes through on Sunday.

RandyDupree

I think the question here is will cross/kilcoo give ballinderry a real game!

What's Jerome johnsons specific injury?

supersub

Quote from: RandyDupree on November 08, 2013, 10:58:16 AM

Is this the same Ballinderry who were pushed all the way by Scotstown and were losing most of the game?

Will be a very even game no matter what way the tie falls.

RandyDupree

Quote from: supersub on November 08, 2013, 12:03:53 PM

Is this the same Ballinderry who were pushed all the way by Scotstown and were losing most of the game?

Yeah, because Scotstown are crap, so they are.  ::)

supersub

Quote from: RandyDupree on November 08, 2013, 01:20:46 PM
Quote from: supersub on November 08, 2013, 12:03:53 PM

Yeah, because Scotstown are crap, so they are.  ::)

::) Point completely missed. Previous post suggesting Ballinderry best of the lot, I'm suggesting not so much. Nothing to do with Scotstown's ability.

Applesisapples

I wathced the highlights of the Cross/Kilkoo match on TG4 player, the first kilcoo goal was defintely a square ball, I am surprised that only one person on here has mentioned it. Speaking to a few neutrals who were at the match they expect Cross to win the replay. Is BCB playing games or is this Cross team finished????

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 08, 2013, 01:55:50 PM
I wathced the highlights of the Cross/Kilkoo match on TG4 player, the first kilcoo goal was defintely a square ball, I am surprised that only one person on here has mentioned it. Speaking to a few neutrals who were at the match they expect Cross to win the replay. Is BCB playing games or is this Cross team finished????
I think you need to learn the rule regarding square ball!

Throw ball

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on November 08, 2013, 06:56:44 PM

I think it is you who need to learn the rule! My view on the tv pictures was that the Kilcoo goal scorer was in the small square before the pass left the hands of the player passing the ball. Square ball. Simple. Not that it matters.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Throw ball on November 08, 2013, 07:09:47 PM

I think it is you who need to learn the rule! My view on the tv pictures was that the Kilcoo goal scorer was in the small square before the pass left the hands of the player passing the ball. Square ball. Simple. Not that it matters.

Thought that too and it wasn't that he was running in either, standing stock still when the ball is passed.  As you say though matters not and it is all down to the teams now on Sunday.  Stupid odds flying around for us to win Ulster at the minute,

5 Sams

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 08, 2013, 07:18:55 PM

Thought that too and it wasn't that he was running in either, standing stock still when the ball is passed.  As you say though matters not and it is all down to the teams now on Sunday.  Stupid odds flying around for us to win Ulster at the minute,

Sorry lads...my understanding is, that you can score if you're in the wee square if you get a pass from play. If you get a ball from a 50 or a free then it doesnt count. Am I wrong????
The Aristocrat Years

StephenC

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 08, 2013, 09:15:16 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 08, 2013, 07:18:55 PM

Sorry lads...my understanding is, that you can score if you're in the wee square if you get a pass from play. If you get a ball from a 50 or a free then it doesnt count. Am I wrong????

Yeah you're wrong. In all cases you can't be in the small square before a certain time. From a set play (free, 45, sideline) that time is when the ball enters the small square. From play, that time is when the ball is played in (when it is kicked or hand-passed).

drici

Ulster Senior Football Club Championship
Sunday 20th October
Preliminary Round:
Ballinderry Shamrocks(Derry) 0-14  Clonoe O'Rahillys(Tyrone) 0-10   
Celtic Park

Scorers:
Ballinderry: R Bell 0-4 (1f), A Devlin 0-3, C Gilligan 0-2, D McKinless, D McGuckin, C Devlin , C Nevin, D Lawn 0-1 each.
Clonoe: D McNulty 0-4 (1f), C McAlickey 0-3 (3f), PJ Lavery 0-2, RT O'Neill 0-1.

Teams:
Ballinderry  M Conlan; R Scott, C Nevin, M McIver; R Wilson, G McKinless, D Lawn; K McGuckin, J Conway; D McKinless, A Devlin, D McGuckin; C Devlin, R Bell, C Gilligan. Subs: E Muldoon for Lawn (42), D Conway for D McKinless (56), M Harney for Wilson (60), Kevin M McGuckin for J Conway (62).

Clonoe  M O'Neill; D Quinn, A Brady, C O'Neill; J McClure, S McCann, PJ Lavery; S McNulty, S O'Hagan; R T O'Neill, C Doris, P Doris; P Coney, D McNulty, C McAliskey. Subs: G Coney for S McCann (13), R R O'Neill for P Doris (44), D McClure for C McAliskey (52), S Hughes for J McClure (58).

Sunday 3rd November
Quarter Finals:
Gleann tSuilí(Donegal) 1-10  St Galls(Antrim) 0-10
Ballybofey

Scorers:
Gleann tSuilí: M Murphy 1-4 (1-0 penalty, 1f, two 50s), G McFadden 0-3 (all frees), N Gallagher, K McFadden, B Farrelly 0-1 each.
St Galls: C McGourty 0-5 (4 frees), A Healy, K Niblock, S Burke, K Stewart, M Pollock 0-1 each.

Teams:
Gleann tSuilí P O'Donnell; B McDaid, E Ward, R Crawford; Caolan Kelly, J McDaid, J McFadden; N Gallagher, C Bonner; J Gibbons, G McFadden, D McGinley; Colin Kelly, M Murphy, K McFadden. Subs: C Gallagher for J McDaid (49), B Farrelly for K McFadden (53), R Diver for McGinley (60).

St Galls C Kerr; A McClean, C Brady; R Wilson, S Kelly, J McGeevy, A Healy; S Burke, A Gallagher; T O'Neill, K Niblock, K McGourty; C McGourty, M Pollock, N O'Neill. Subs: B Bradley for McGreevy (43), K Stewart for K McGourty (43), S O'Hara for N O'Neill (47), C Burke for S Burke (56).

Roslea Shamrocks(Fermanagh) 1-12  Ballinagh(Cavan) 0-11
Brewster Park

Scorers:
Roslea: Seamie Quigley 1-7 (0-5frees, 1-0 penalty), Sean Quigley 0-4, S Lynch 0-1.
Ballinagh: K Smith 0-3, N McDermott 0-2 (2 frees), D Finnegan 0-2; P O'Reilly, T Moore, C Gumley, A Gaynor 0-1 each

Teams:
Roslea  S Boyle; P Sherry, C Mulligan, C Quigley; M Beagan, N Cassidy, M Renfrew; K McMahon, J Sherry (capt); N Cosgrove; S McMahon, P Lynch, S Lynch; S Quigley, S Quigley. Subs: N McMahon for P Sherry, B Sherlock for S Lynch

Ballinagh D Beard; K McBride (capt), P Carroll, C Smith; D McInerney, N O'Reilly, P Bogue; P O'Reilly, T Moore; K Smith, E Brady, D Finnegan; C Gumley, N McDermott, T Smith. Subs: E McEvoy for McInerney, A Gaynor for Brady, B Carthy for T Smith, R O'Reilly for Gumley   

Kilcoo Eoghan Rua(Down) 2-09  Crossmaglen Rangers(Armagh 1-12   (After Extra Time)
Full Time: 1-07  1-07
Páirc Esler

Scorers:
Kilcoo: R Johnston 1-1, D O'Hanlon 0-4 (3 frees), P Devlin 0-3 (1f), P Greenan 1-0, Gerard McEvoy
Crossmaglen: T Kernan 0-6(all frees,) S Kernan 1-1, K Brennan 0-2, J Hanratty, M Aherne, C Cumiskey 0-1 each

Teams:
Kilcoo S Kane; N Branagan, N McEvoy, D Branagan; D O'Hanlon, S O'Hanlon, Gerard McEvoy; P Greenan, Aidan Branagan; P Devlin, A Devlin, R Johnston; J Johnston, C Laverty, Gary McEvoy. Subs: F McGreevy for J Johnston (24), Aaron Branagan for A Devlin (39), J McClean for McGreevy (39), Sean Devlin for Gary McEvoy (52), S Devlin for A Branagan (70), M Devlin for R Johnston (76), N Morgan for M Devlin (80).

Crossmaglen P Hearty; P Hughes, P McKeown, S Finnegan; M Aherne, G Carragher, D O'Callaghan; J Hanratty, S Kernan; P Óg Grant, T Kernan, M McNamee; K Brennan, K Carragher, C Cumiskey. Subs: D McKenna for Brennan (43), C O'Neill for McNamee (53), M Boyce for Cumiskey (56), K Brennanfor Grant (66).

Scotstown(Monaghan) 0-10  Ballinderry Shamrocks(Derry) 1-08             
Clones

Scorers:
Scotstown: K Hughes 0-2 (1 f), C McCarthy 0-2 (2frees), R Beggan 0-1 (a free), J Turley, S Carey, D Hughes, N Corrigan, B McGinnity 0-1 each.
Ballinderry: D Conway 1-0, C Gilligan 0-2 (2 frees), C Devlin 0-2 (1f), M McIver, A Devlin, D McGuckin, R Bell 0-1 each

Teams:
Scotstown R Beggan; D McArdle, D Morgan, M Duffy; P Keenan, W Carroll, E Caulfield; F Caulfield, J Turley; K Hughes, S Carey, D Hughes; P O'Hara, N Corrigan, C McCarthy. Subs: B McGinnity for E Caulfield, O Heaphey for N Corrigan, Fergal McPhillips for P Keenan, D McCague for F Caulfield, N Corrigan for S carey.

Ballinderry M Conlan; R Scott, C Nevin, M McIver; R Wilson, G McKinless, D Lawn; K McGuckin, J Conway; D McKinless, A Devlin, D McGuckin; C Devlin, R Bell, C Gilligan. Subs: K McGuckin for R Wilson, E Muldoon for A Devlin, D Conway for D McKinless, J Bateson for M McIver.

Sunday 10th November
Quarter Final Replay:
Crossmaglen Rangers(Armagh) v Kilcoo Eoghan Rua(Down)
2-30pm   Athletic Grounds

Sunday 17th November
Semi Finals:
Gleann tSuilí(Donegal) v Roslea Shamrocks(Fermanagh)
2-30pm   Omagh

Crossmaglen/Kilcoo v Ballinderry Shamrocks(Derry)
2-30pm   (Crossmaglen v Ballinderry - Páirc Esler) (Kilcoo v Ballinderry - Athletic Grounds)

Sunday 1st December
Final