Gaelic Life Ulster Club Team Of The Year 2012

Started by DaisyCutter, November 22, 2012, 11:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaisyCutter

Who do posters suggest what players deserve recognition for this years Ulsters Gaelic life team of the year? As I'm a down man, I can only suggest players that I have seen in this years Div 1 league games and Senior Championship games, even though I've seen a few matches in the Antrim, Armagh and Tyrone Championships.
I'll begin by stating these:

2: Aidan McCrory - Errigal Ciaran (Tyrone)
6: Danny O'Callaghan - Crossmaglen (Armagh)
8: Felim McGreevy - Kilcoo (Down)
13: Ryan Kelly - Longstone (Down)
14: Jason McAnulla - Omagh (Tyrone)
14: Catal Magee - Mayobridge (Down)
15: Kyle Carragher - Crossmaglen (Armagh)

All very good when I watched them throughout the year

bennydorano

JP Donnelly was the best player i saw in the Armagh champ - in Midfield for Pearse Ogs.

DuffleKing

I don't believe Danny O'Callaghan has played a single game for Cross this championship season

catchandkick

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: DaisyCutter on November 22, 2012, 11:40:56 PM
Who do posters suggest what players deserve recognition for this years Ulsters Gaelic life team of the year? As I'm a down man, I can only suggest players that I have seen in this years Div 1 league games and Senior Championship games, even though I've seen a few matches in the Antrim, Armagh and Tyrone Championships.
I'll begin by stating these:

2: Aidan McCrory - Errigal Ciaran (Tyrone)
6: Danny O'Callaghan - Crossmaglen (Armagh)
8: Felim McGreevy - Kilcoo (Down)
13: Ryan Kelly - Longstone (Down)
14: Jason McAnulla - Omagh (Tyrone)
14: Catal Magee - Mayobridge (Down)
15: Kyle Carragher - Crossmaglen (Armagh)

All very good when I watched them throughout the year

Mc Crory, don't get it. Seen him against Armagh in the championship in the Athletic grounds, us playing Errigal in the league and then Ballinderry and Cross in the last two Ulster club games that Errigal were involved in. Thats four games I saw him since June. He was destroyed in each game, cleaned out. I am convinced that if he played for us he wouldn't see a county jersey.

rodney trotter

How the fook would they have an idea of the form of the club players in the 9 counties in Ulster? If it was the County Champions from each county, maybe that would be a start.

Like the 25 year montly award team, another ridiculous idea.

downjim

The first fifteen in kilcoo have all good chances in the full back line

DaisyCutter

Im only going by what I have saw from the games I attended. Aidan McCrory was excellent in the Tyrone final and I couldnt think of another Centre Half Back (apart from possibly Sean Kelly of St. Galls or Sean O'Hanlon of Kilcoo)

These are only my opinions so please don't be getting up on my grill, especially as its a disscussion Board.

Wildweasel74

this team could probably only be picked on form in the ulster club championship, as with the no of championship games within a county how could anybody pick a team when them probably haven`t seen too many championship games outside their own county.

onefaircounty

Quote from: DaisyCutter on November 24, 2012, 11:18:34 AM

These are only my opinions so please don't be getting up on my grill, especially as its a disscussion Board.

No one is doubting your opinion big chief, just pointing out that O'Callaghan must be some player if he is amongst your picks even though he was in Australia.  :-X

RMDrive

Im only going by what I have saw from the games I attended. Aidan McCrory was excellent in the Tyrone final and I couldnt think of another Centre Half Back (apart from possibly Sean Kelly of St. Galls or Sean O'Hanlon of Kilcoo)

Jesus. Word to your moms I came to drop bombs I got more rhymes than the bible's got psalms.
Americanisation sucks.

LeoMc

You didn't notice the Errigal CHB then?
Peter Harte was excellent in any game I saw him, bar v Cross.

DaisyCutter

True LeoMc, Apologies, I forgot about Peter Harte. He has been excellent for Errigaland surely he will get the No 6: position.
Will be tight for No 1 position. It will probably take this weekends game to separate the best two that I've seen this year although Paul Herty missed the Semi Final due to illness.

On the midfield positions, what are your thoughts? Two McGinleys from Errigal? McKenna of Cross? Rory Kavanagh of St Eunans???

Haven't heard too many opinions on the forward lines?

Sleater

The GL ulster club team of the year includes repesentatives from Junior and Intermediate too. They tend to also go for clubs that competed in latter part of Ulster competitions. For that matter, I think John Gilmore of Cookstown, Collie Holmes of An Port Mor, Colin Walsh of Doohamlet, Ross McGarry of Warrenpoint will all be in the running for team of the year.