Multiple Brothers On Same County Side

Started by ONeill, April 22, 2022, 10:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Was thinking about the young Canavan lads tonight. In a few years we may have all 3 playing in the same senior side.

I'm not sure if the 3 McGuigans played on the same Tyrone side, but is there any family who had 3 brothers on the same team at county football level outside of the O'Se lads? Did the 3 McKennas play on same team?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Plain of the Herbs

Three Lowrys.

Three Connors brothers, but not all at the same time. Three Furlongs, but again not at the same time. The Furlongs' service spanned almost 40 years.

From the Bunker

Meehans - Galway
Spillanes - Kerry
O'Sheas - Mayo
Brogans - Dublin
O' Se's - Kerry
O h'AilpĂ­ns - Cork

Smaller families and siblings exposed to different sports means that three brothers playing intercounty will be an even more rarity.

mrdeeds

The Reillys Cavan, Larry, Peter and Michael. Think Cavan had triplets in the squad at one time too, the Whartons.

LeoMc

Quote from: ONeill on April 22, 2022, 10:40:51 PM
Was thinking about the young Canavan lads tonight. In a few years we may have all 3 playing in the same senior side.

I'm not sure if the 3 McGuigans played on the same Tyrone side, but is there any family who had 3 brothers on the same team at county football level outside of the O'Se lads? Did the 3 McKennas play on same team?

All 3! Ruairi, Darragh and ?

thewobbler

Tommy, Vincent and Brendan McGovern from Down and Burren.

I don't think they played together for the county but Brendan, Collie and Gary Mason from Loughinisland, maybe.

Derry Optimist

In the 1955 Ulster Senior football final against Cavan, Derry had four Gribbin brothers on the team. Hugh Francis was right full back,Mickey was right half back and Roddy was full forward.Brother Owen came on as a sub so when the full time whistle went there was a quartet of four Gribbins on the field at the one time!

David McKeown

Were Cathal, Micheal and Martin o Rourke brothers in the Armagh team?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ONeill

Quote from: Derry Optimist on April 22, 2022, 11:34:50 PM
In the 1955 Ulster Senior football final against Cavan, Derry had four Gribbin brothers on the team. Hugh Francis was right full back,Mickey was right half back and Roddy was full forward.Brother Owen came on as a sub so when the full time whistle went there was a quartet of four Gribbins on the field at the one time!

Impressive stat.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

3 Dalys
2 Murtaghs ( were 3 in 2016)
2 Smiths.
Also 2 Creggs up to 2020.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Hill is Blue

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

JoG2

Quote from: Rossfan on April 22, 2022, 11:47:33 PM
3 Dalys
2 Murtaghs ( were 3 in 2016)
2 Smiths.
Also 2 Creggs up to 2020.

Almost got the concept. Be some craic if there was / were 3 Ballaghaderreen brothers playing for Mayo

Itchy

In 1952 All Ireland between cavan and meath  three Maguire brothers played Des and Liam for Cavan, Brendan for Meath

Beat that

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

angermanagement

Quote from: thewobbler on April 22, 2022, 11:26:43 PM
Tommy, Vincent and Brendan McGovern from Down and Burren.

I don't think they played together for the county but Brendan, Collie and Gary Mason from Loughinisland, maybe.

Brendan was a cousin. Don't think all three played together at any stage.