Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 30, 2022, 09:52:28 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 30, 2022, 09:08:23 PM
Quote from: Ghost on April 30, 2022, 05:04:51 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 30, 2022, 04:46:13 PM
2 goals in a couple of minutes for Burnley puts them in front against Watford.
👀

Are Liverpool fans looking Everton to go down? I know the gloating and laughing at the others misfortune is part of any rivalry but there seems to be a level of respect between the clubs and I'm sure Liverpool fans would miss the Derby.
Yes.
Not really any respect, they're as scummy as any other club that are jealous of Liverpool.
Wouldn't miss the derby, would miss the 6 points and rubbing it into them though.

And people wonder why neutrals are cheering city
Because they don't want the most successful club in England getting even more successful?

ONeill

Had spoken to a couple of real Liverpool supporters this week. They said they don't want Everton down. It's one of the few cities in Europe where families don't support the same team en masse. The chav attitude comes from those in Ireland mostly.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

manfromdelmonte

👀

Are Liverpool fans looking Everton to go down? I know the gloating and laughing at the others misfortune is part of any rivalry but there seems to be a level of respect between the clubs and I'm sure Liverpool fans would miss the Derby.
Yes.
Not really any respect, they're as scummy as any other club that are jealous of Liverpool.
Wouldn't miss the derby, would miss the 6 points and rubbing it into them though.
you're either very young or have a very short memory

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 30, 2022, 10:51:35 PM
👀

Yes.
Neither.
Ah, you're counting the result last season in front of an empty anfield where Liverpool had half a team due to injury and the match at Goodson where Liverpool were robbed. Business as usual other than that.

GiveItToTheShooters

Most Scouse Liverpool fans want Everton down too after last week, that's quite clear. Hopefully it happens.

trueblue1234

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 30, 2022, 11:24:03 PM
Most Scouse Liverpool fans want Everton down too after last week, that's quite clear. Hopefully it happens.
Let it go ffs.......
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Tony Baloney

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 30, 2022, 10:51:35 PM
👀

Yes.
I'm 46, have been supporting Liverpool since the early 80s, I grew up on Peter Reid and Steve McMahon kicking lumps out of each other...The FA Cup Finals of 86 and 89 are the most vivid in the memory. But they are now teams miles apart. The Merseyside Derby has some local bragging rights but Everton are an irrelevance now and although geographically close to Anfield they may as well be playing a different sport such is the difference in fortunes.

J70

Quote from: ONeill on April 30, 2022, 10:51:11 PM
Had spoken to a couple of real Liverpool supporters this week. They said they don't want Everton down. It's one of the few cities in Europe where families don't support the same team en masse. The chav attitude comes from those in Ireland mostly.

When over for a game a few years ago, I did Peter Carney's Soccer in the City tour. Liverpool fan through and through, and famous for the banners he makes (including the Hillsborough and Sean Cox ones). At least as a tour host, he was very complementary about Everton and the historically amicable rivalry and talked about a cousin who had played a bit for them. He even included a drive-by of that little tower/holding cell that was the inspiration for their crest.

That said, there are a lot of people who say it's become really toxic in some quarters. It can't be just the Heysel ban as the '86 and '89 cup finals were great occasions with both sets of fans intermingling widely. I'm sure social media amplifying loudmouth, inflammatory idiots these days doesn't help.

Hound

Big wins for Arsenal and Spurs today, against potentially tricky opponents. That puts the hammers and mancs out of the race for the the last CL spot. North London derby to come too, hopefully that decides it.

Leeds look favourites to go down now, after looking safe not so long ago. But still a 3 horse race for the last relegation spot and  plenty can happen over the last 4 games (or 5 for Everton).  Out of the three teams, I like the Leeds lads the best, but I think their new yank manager is a complete dick. A very unlikeable character.

quit yo jibbajabba

I think the Leeds manager is a bluffer rather than unlikeable but was looking forward to hearing more from him all the same. Momentum with the other 2 teams at the minute

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Hound on May 01, 2022, 06:37:45 PM
Big wins for Arsenal and Spurs today, against potentially tricky opponents. That puts the hammers and mancs out of the race for the the last CL spot. North London derby to come too, hopefully that decides it.

Spurs have to go to Anfield.  That's pretty much a guaranteed loss, which would be too big of a hole to climb out of this late in the season.

Hound

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 01, 2022, 06:40:19 PM
I think the Leeds manager is a bluffer rather than unlikeable but was looking forward to hearing more from him all the same. Momentum with the other 2 teams at the minute
I find him very unlikeable.

Bringing the players out to speak to them on the pitch - message being 'this is all about me'.
Then slagging off Bielsa. Seemingly didn't realize how popular his predecessor was, then has to make a mealymouth apology.

Albeit the Leeds lads far better placed than me to comment

seafoid

Quote from: Hound on May 01, 2022, 06:37:45 PM

Leeds look favourites to go down now, after looking safe not so long ago. But still a 3 horse race for the last relegation spot and  plenty can happen over the last 4 games (or 5 for Everton).  Out of the three teams, I like the Leeds lads the best, but I think their new yank manager is a complete dick. A very unlikeable character.
Burnley have momentum after beating Watford.
They have Villa x2,Tottenham and Newcastle. I wouldn't fancy them.

ONeill

Dunno how this game will end up, but this is the 2nd time in succession I've watched Liverpool leave a team punch drunk. Villarreal were done at half time despite 2-0 up. Staggering off for the break. Spurs look like a side that has played 300 minutes. Maybe they'll sneak a draw but Liverpool are something else.

ONeill

This is heartbreaking for Liverpool. They're one of the best teams that league has produced but have only one title to show for it and even at that they never really got to enjoy it. Wouldn't matter if they won 10 CLs in a row, winning your league is the only thing really. If there is a God, City will slip up this year, or Liverpool win it next couple of years. When Arsenal had a good side, the won it, then didn't win it for 3 years, then won 2 of the next 3. Could be same for Pool.