Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Low enough on quality but high on endeavor and a wins a win....

Cunny Funt

First away win in 12 attempts, that win sets them up nicely to reach the knock out stages now. The performance far from convincing again, Partizan much the better side 2nd half and deserved at least a draw out of that game. If ever a game proved that Mata is finished at this level that was it.  Young Brandon Williams probably United's best player.

under the bar

Just like on Sunday the opposition weren't up to much and just like Sunday if we had our best team out we would have won easily.

GJL

The lack of goal threat is a big problem.

Square Ball

I mean wtf, two penalty misses in one half, must be a record.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

under the bar

Quote from: Square Ball on October 27, 2019, 05:18:23 PM

Gary Bailey saved 3 in one match I recall

J70

Quote from: under the bar on October 27, 2019, 05:39:01 PM

Wasn't that a game they lost 6-0 to Ipswich or someone?

Square Ball

Quote from: J70 on October 27, 2019, 06:13:53 PM
Quote from: under the bar on October 27, 2019, 05:39:01 PM

Wasn't that a game they lost 6-0 to Ipswich or someone?

Was indeed
1980 - Division One v Ipswich Town (a), lost 0-6 (2nd).
Ripped apart by Ipswich's Dutch duo Arnold Muhren and Frans Thijssen, United would have suffered even greater humiliation had Gary Bailey not saved three penalties - one twice taken.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

under the bar

Scored 3 and missed 2 penos today. James is a pleasure to watch

Cunny Funt

The best United have played since Ole was caretaker manager. The 1-3 scoreline doesn't tell the full tale as 0-6 would be more right.  The way Norwich set up makes them an ideal team to play, how Man City lost to them and conceded 3 goals i'll never know.

No 2 CDMs today,Lingard not played in the number 10 role or Pereria played as a right winger, has the penny finally dropped?  Game was played on the front foot and surprise surprise loads of chances created.  Krul was off his line for both penalties but that's no excuse for missing both. The Krul save on a Martial header from a corner 1st half was arguably the save of the season so far.

The ever improving McTominay the best player on the pitch but it was his error led to the consolation goal for Norwich. Judgement on where United stand and how much they have improved will be seen after the next two games which are Chelsea and Bournemouth away. For now 7th in the table and just 3 points off 5th looks a lot better than 14th and 2 points off relegation.

BarryBreensBandage

It may be a coincidence, but no Pogba about, and the dynamic, however slight, improves.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

nrico2006

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on October 28, 2019, 01:35:14 AM
It may be a coincidence, but no Pogba about, and the dynamic, however slight, improves.

There has been no Pogba about for a while and that hasn't made a difference though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

Martial makes a huge difference though.

Cunny Funt

Solskjaer team has developed a habit of knocking Chelsea out of cup competitions in Stamford Bridge. Some goal by Rashford to win it. 

under the bar

Clever win tonight away to a Chelsea side full of talent. Unreal free kick from Rashford.