Time for Joe to go??

Started by cadhlancian, August 03, 2013, 08:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: EC Unique on August 14, 2013, 01:43:14 PM
Not before a lot of people viewed it. It is all over facebook/twitter etc. I think it is great that he and RTE have been exposed. Brilliant..

What he say?

EC Unique

Quote from: Bingo on August 14, 2013, 01:57:17 PM
Not before a lot of people viewed it. It is all over facebook/twitter etc. I think it is great that he and RTE have been exposed. Brilliant..

What he say?

''Tyrone Bastards''  ''Savages''  ''will never win anything'' generally made little of them and says his brother works in a Tyrone school and he says they are all savages....

Not great stuff for him to be coming out with in his position.

J OGorman

agreed..was well off the mark with the 'you'll never win anything' comment  ;)

Fuzzman

I'd say Joe won't be too pleased about that leaking out and you have to say its kinda sneeky or RTE to be recording him without their knowledge and then not to delete it afterwards.
Did someone from RTE dig it up after last week and release it I wonder?

Could we see a big fall out between the two parties or will Joe still maintain his "I don't care what anyone thinks of me" attitude.

Syferus

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 13, 2013, 05:00:53 PM
I've watched the rant several times and read sections of this thread but not all of it.
Here is my points of view

Brolly seemed calm and balanced before the game & at half time. He even joked about the incident where he dragged down Hughes and got him sent off and said we've all done that, laughing to the other two pundits.

The Cavanagh incident didn't happen right at the end of the game and actually Peter Harte did a similar pull down back in Monaghan's own half much closer to the end but Brolly never mentioned that.
Brolly should have calmed down by the time the game was over but it seems he was more put out that he had been given the man of the match award that really pushed him over the edge according to his article in the Gaelic Life.

There is no doubt Brolly has a point and most of us would rather not watch these cheating incidents and whilst most other teams do do it, Tyrone have been on live tv for 3 weekends on the trot and each time it seemed to be an actual tactic rather than a rash spur of the moment decision. Both big Sean and Petey seem to use it quite a bit which looks bad in my eyes. No doubt both have suffered enough at being pulled down themselves but this doesn't make it any better.

There is no doubt Brolly loves the limelight and he has really upped the ante now with this rant causing him to make national news and beyond. The bit that really grinds my gears is that his lack of respect for others around him. I am no fan of Spillane but week in week out he sits next to those other lads and shouts them down, uses his hands to push and cajole them, talk over them when they make their points and uses the "HOWL ON" comment to stop them interrupting them. I can only imagine his wife and family don't watch him on live as they must be mortified.

His own self importance now will be greatly boosted as many will take the attitude that he made a good point on live tv with a lot of passion and that with the new black card rules coming in next year he will no doubt be taking a lot of credit for highlighting the "professional foul" problem that has really raised it's head over the last few years. You would imagine now there will be motions in place to somehow award a penalty or something for such incidents that stops a one on one goal chance.

To be fair, they're usually talking shite.

clarshack

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2013, 01:37:26 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 14, 2013, 10:26:42 AM
Brolly's real view of Tyrone from yesteryear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJGqGBHACPc

He's just tweeted
I hadn't realised giving Dessie Mone a clip was an offence

I know his brother doesn't work at the academy any more but I'm sure he's delighted that Joe expressed his opinions on the people he taught and worked with on camera for him. This could be his big Ron moment. (Minus the racism obviously)

also starting to remind me of the dickie keys/andy gray leaked video clips!

he also belittled a tyrone defender. think he said this player had never won a championship game or something like that and that it was desperation stuff for tyrone to be playing him.

out of interest, the teams that day were:

DERRY: M Conlan; G Doherty, N McCusker, P McFlynn; C McNally, F Crossan, G Coleman; A Tohill (capt.) (0-7. three 45s, four frees), F Doherty (0-1); C Gilligan, D Dougan, J McBride; P Bradley (1-2), E Muldoon, G Diamond. Substitutes: K Doherty for G Doherty (29); G McGonagle (0-1) for Diamond (h-t); D Heaney (0-1) for Dougan (40); J Donaghy for Gilligan (70).

TYRONE: J Devine; C Gormley, C Lawn, B Robinson; R McMenamin, C McGinley, P Jordan; J Quinn, C Holmes (1-0); B Dooher (0-2), C McAnallen (0-1), G Cavlan (0-1); B McGuigan, S O'Neill (0-6, four frees), Peter Canavan (capt.) (0-7, three frees). Substitutes: P Ward for Devine (35); K Hughes for Quinn (h-t); S Cavanagh for Cavlan (50); O Mulligan for McGuigan (58); Pascal Canavan for Hughes (70).

give her dixie

Someone in RTE should be disciplined over this leak. 
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

orangeman

Quote from: give her dixie on August 14, 2013, 02:28:42 PM

They should get a 4 week ban and made to miss the next match ( subject to appeal of course ).

ONeill

Quote from: Cold tea on August 14, 2013, 01:31:05 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 11, 2013, 12:13:21 AM
What surprised me about Joe this week was his need to tell people how much others support him. I'm always wary of people who retweet their own praise.

From a man who laughs at his own jokes under different usernames!!!

Oh yes, sorry, forgot about that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Quote from: EC Unique on August 14, 2013, 02:01:04 PM

What he say?

''Tyrone b**tards''  ''Savages''  ''will never win anything'' generally made little of them and says his brother works in a Tyrone school and he says they are all savages....

I thought it was funny at first but having thought about it this is really sinister. It's akin to you having a private conversation with someone only to find that it was recorded on someone's phone and splashed over the internet. This video should not have been leaked.

Also EC if you listen carefully Brolly says "of course they're not savages they're just normal good GAA people who've been starved of success".

Clearly he was having a laugh and a joke throughout and his comment about Tyrone never winning anything as a long held view at the time. By Tyrone supporters even!! I remember the night Mickey Harte was appointed we played a 'friendly' at a Senior club in Tyrone where they were disappointed Harte got the job as "he can manage young boys alright but doesn't have it at this level"

Someone's opinion of 11 years ago shouldn't matter!!!

EC Unique

Quote from: screenexile on August 14, 2013, 02:50:35 PM

What he say?

''Tyrone b**tards''  ''Savages''  ''will never win anything'' generally made little of them and says his brother works in a Tyrone school and he says they are all savages....

I thought it was funny at first but having thought about it this is really sinister. It's akin to you having a private conversation with someone only to find that it was recorded on someone's phone and splashed over the internet. This video should not have been leaked.

Also EC if you listen carefully Brolly says "of course they're not savages they're just normal good GAA people who've been starved of success".

Clearly he was having a laugh and a joke throughout and his comment about Tyrone never winning anything as a long held view at the time. By Tyrone supporters even!! I remember the night Mickey Harte was appointed we played a 'friendly' at a Senior club in Tyrone where they were disappointed Harte got the job as "he can manage young boys alright but doesn't have it at this level"

After his out burst a couple of weeks ago in front of millions he has left himself open to this sort of stuff. If your going to throw personal insults about publicly then you have to be prepared to be targeted. I expect him to be phased out from RTE now.

Fuzzman

You would imagine so EC but it's creates great interest and makes for great TV.
You will get a lot of people tuning in to see what Brolly has to say in the Mayo game now.
I wonder will big Sean & Co be happy to drag players down as quick the next day. If needs be I say they will.

Remind me who was the J Quinn played that day? Was that 2001?

screenexile

Quote from: EC Unique on August 14, 2013, 02:57:41 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 14, 2013, 02:50:35 PM

What he say?

After his out burst a couple of weeks ago in front of millions he has left himself open to this sort of stuff. If your going to throw personal insults about publicly then you have to be prepared to be targeted. I expect him to be phased out from RTE now.

Can't see it!

Any craic

J Quinn was of course Jerome

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: give her dixie on August 14, 2013, 02:28:42 PM

Start with all those from Tyrone and narrow it down from there.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...