Kildare v Longford LSFC - 26th May 2016 Tullamore

Started by Shamrock Shore, May 13, 2019, 01:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Perhaps the Longford players will be motivated by playing Dublin at home in front of a packed atmosphere less empty Croke Park.

The apathy around Kildare is at an all time low, less than 1% of the population of the county will be at the game. Today for the same price you can go to the 1k Guineas, the new Grandstand for joe public would exceed the Croke Park or Aviva corporate experience and all kids u18 are free.

The Leinster SFC Champion is dead, The Munster SFC Championship is dead. The GAA are at a cross roads, they picked the wrong path 15 years ago, though now its probably too late to save Leinster.
#newbridgeornowhere

Hound

How does the Kildare team today compare to the one that started v Mayo last year?
Are all the changes negative, no new young bolter ?

Dinny Breen

Predicted Kildare team today.

Donnellan, Dempsey, D Hyland, M Hyland, P Kelly, Doyle, K Cribben, Feely, Conway, Slattery, McCormack, O'Flaherty, Tyrrell, Brophy, N Flynn

No Mick O'Grady, Johnny Byrne, Kevin Flynn, Tommy Moolick,  Dan Flynn, Paul Cribben from that game  or no  Niall Kelly off the bench.

Dempsey the only u20 from last year's AI winning side starting, promising young players such as Luke Flynn, Aaron Masterson and Jack Robinson no current interest in Kildare.

Apathy from players to supporters to clubs. I was at a club game yesterday, guts of a 100 at it, mention of Kildare zero, mention of Carlow/Meath that was on at the same time 1, and that was me.

#newbridgeornowhere

Shamrock Shore

Jazes Dinny.

Can I buy you a cup of tea at half-time?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 26, 2019, 08:31:42 AM
Donnellan, Dempsey, D Hyland, M Hyland, P Kelly, Doyle, K Cribben, Feely, Conway, Slattery, McCormack, O'Flaherty, Tyrrell, Brophy, N Flynn

The only remaining footballer in Leinster outside of Dublin with an All Star award. Says it all.

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 26, 2019, 08:31:42 AM
No Mick O'Grady, Johnny Byrne, Kevin Flynn, Tommy Moolick,  Dan Flynn, Paul Cribben from that game  or no  Niall Kelly off the bench.

Add James Murray, Callaghan and Healy to that.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Full time Kildare 1-17 Longford 2-14. Extra time to be played.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Shamrock Shore

rodney trotter

Half time in extra time Kildare 1-21 to Longford 3-15

Cunny Funt

Such a shame that this game didn't get live TV coverage. Was always going to be a competitive contest

Blowitupref

Replay required to find a winner.  O'Connor Park next Sunday at 3pm.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 26, 2019, 06:25:19 PM
Replay required to find a winner.
I thought games at this stage had to be finished on the day?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 26, 2019, 06:13:34 PM
Such a shame that this game didn't get live TV coverage. Was always going to be a competitive contest

We can all enjoy the 3 mins highlights after the hours analysis of the hurling that was shown live today.

#newbridgeornowhere

twohands!!!

Quote from: Esmarelda on May 26, 2019, 06:26:16 PM

That's the qualifiers.
The provincial councils hung on to right to hold replays after extra time for the moolah.

Esmarelda

Quote from: twohands!!! on May 26, 2019, 06:36:11 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on May 26, 2019, 06:26:16 PM

That's the qualifiers.
The provincial councils hung on to right to hold replays after extra time for the moolah.
Right, I thought all games before the provincial semi-finals had to be settled. Probably mixing it up with the fact that extra-time must be played.