BBC loving twelfth boom!

Started by ExiledGael, July 13, 2007, 09:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: stiffler on July 14, 2007, 12:10:07 AM
Quote from: SammyG on July 14, 2007, 12:07:14 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 13, 2007, 11:58:01 PMWould this be the well marshalled parade which ended up in Custom House Square last year. You know the one where most flags were banned, actually didnt they nearly ban the colour Green from the parade as well.

People were asked not to bring tricolours as they weren't there to represent the Republic they were supposed to be there for Paddy's Day. The VAST majority ignored this request and there were loads of tricolours and loads of political flegs and t-shirts.
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 13, 2007, 11:58:01 PM
Sammy I don't mind you spouting shite with regards to OWC and FFA and Long Kesh (because I really don't give a shit about those things) but please don't ttry and do your spin doctoring on the St. Patricks Day Parade, it's nothing like the twelfth...!!  >:(

As previously stated try reading what I actually wrote not what you think I wrote.

The Belfast twelfth is a big parade with paramilitary flegs and a load of pissed up spides accompanying it and making trouble and the Belfast Paddy's day is a big parade with paramiltary flegs and a load of pissed up spides acompanying it and making trouble.

Two sides of the same shitty coin.

What paramilitary flags did you see then Sammy?

Sammy seen a couple of Tricolours and a few lads in Celtic shirts, he seen this from the SW of England by the way!
Tbc....

SammyG

Quote from: stiffler on July 14, 2007, 12:10:07 AMWhat paramilitary flags did you see then Sammy?

UVF and UDA ones at the twelfth and Bobby Sands and TIOCFAIDH AR LA ones on Paddy's Day.

ONeill

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 14, 2007, 12:11:04 AM
Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2007, 11:54:38 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 13, 2007, 10:39:17 PM

Bullshit O'Neill, how the f**k can you bring the St. Patricks Day parade into this you plank!! How long have you been away, distance must have addled your brain. Nearly every one of the marches yesterday had a band with loyalist flags! Get off the fence, your arse must be sore. The OO need to clean out root and branch or disband, neither of which is going to happen.  >:(

OK, I really shouldn't do this as I avoid these topics as i do Dunseith's programme as it's like listening to the worst elements on the island with little knowledge of what's going on outside of the bar-room.

Anyway - how the f**k can you bring the St. Patricks Day parade into this you plank!! - i just did.Ii was inadvertently involved in the Belfast parade 3 years ago. Never again. It's not what St Patrick's Day is about. I took part in the Birmingham parade from 97-2000 and it was more 'St Patrick' or more "Irish" for your sake than the Belfast effort. How can I bring it in? The sectarian overtones are off-puttingly similar.

How long have you been away, distance must have addled your brain. - you still haven't answered this puzzling and ultimately stupid remark.

Nearly every one of the marches yesterday had a band with loyalist flags! - I bet I witnessed at least one more than you first hand. Nearly every one eh? Name them.

Get off the fence, your arse must be sore. Do you know what this means?

The OO need to clean out root and branch or disband, neither of which is going to happen. For the rest of you, as someone who has lived in Gweedore for a few summers, this lad is not representational of the area.

Actually, I was going to reply to this drivel but instead of wasting my time, I have two questions for you O'Neill,
1. Where are you living now?
2. Where did you spend the twelfth?
3. This is a freebee, don't YOU ever insult my parish again, "a few summers does not make the man".

1. Absolutely none of your business.
2. Absolutely none of your business.
3. It's called a freebie. I think you've insulted them enough.

So instead of relying with absolutely nothing, please state something interesting. If not, be quiet.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Listen, you spouted alot of verbal diarrhoea, not once have you answered any off my points.
I'm starting to realise that the rest of the posters on this board have you nailed - bullshit artisté.
So don't you waste my f**king time with your petty come backs!!
Tbc....

new devil

Quote from: GweylTah on July 13, 2007, 10:43:11 PM
Given that hotels are owned by and employ people from all sections of the community, it's good news.

Some of you are narrow-minded, myopic and economically illiterate begrudgers.

SO WHY DO YOU COME ON HERE, SICK OF READING THE SHIT YOU POST... PLEASE f**k OFF!!!!!

ONeill

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 14, 2007, 02:51:01 AM
Listen, you spouted alot of verbal diarrhoea, not once have you answered any off my points.
I'm starting to realise that the rest of the posters on this board have you nailed - bullshit artisté.
So don't you waste my f**king time with your petty come backs!!

Well that's me well and truly put in my place. A wonderful summation. Tis great to be reminded why I don't get involved in such debates - it's like arguing with a Primary School child.

not once have you answered any off my points. - Would they be the points I answered? What were these points anyway? Were they questions or just points?

I'm starting to realise that the rest of the posters on this board have you nailed - bullshit artisté - Mmmm, Inspector Clouseau, excellent work.

So don't you waste my f**king time with your petty come backs!! - Fair enough, I won't, only I don't remember initially addressing you....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

The title of this thread is BBC loving twelfth boom.

There is a world of difference when the main Political parties along with a State sponsored fanatic BBC attempt to dress this organization of sexist, mono cultural  mono political and religious bigots with a lick of this is Ulster Culture this is our Ulster Heritage, our Music This is just why we love Ulster so much.
Meanwhile the BBC lads and lassies  turn to the camera joking merrily about Ulster heritage and Ulster culture being symbolized by the great bonfire of love while the cameras focus on that great bonfire of love burning the symbol of our ideological enemy (ps we really want to kill you all).

GweylTah

Quote from: new devil on July 14, 2007, 05:04:13 AM
Given that hotels are owned by and employ people from all sections of the community, it's good news.

SO WHY DO YOU COME ON HERE, SICK OF READING THE SHIT YOU POST... PLEASE f**k OFF!!!!!

Don't be so paranoid and intolerant of difference and free speech. Riff-raff.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: GweylTah on July 14, 2007, 11:05:55 AM
Quote from: new devil on July 14, 2007, 05:04:13 AM

Don't be so paranoid and intolerant of difference and free speech. Riff-raff.

Aye we're not OWC.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

magickingdom

Quote from: ExiledGael on July 13, 2007, 09:41:45 PM
From BBC, typical crap, I'm sure this is less than average for any weekend or public holiday

City hotels enjoy Twelfth surge

Belfast hotels enjoyed increased occupancy rates of at least 15% over the 12th period, the city's visitor and convention centre has estimated.
The centre's spokeswoman, Lisa McMurray, said that 75% of rooms across Belfast were full.
Several other hotels in the city were full and were forced to turn down bookings.
Ms McMurray added that, over the last four years, hoteliers had been treating the Twelfth "as business as usual."
"In fact there's probably more than a 15% increase from last year as a small number of hotels were actually closed then," she said.
The number of tourists making enquiries at the Belfast Visitor and Convention Centre over the 12th was also up by approximately 20% compared to last year.

there'd be mass redundancies in kerry if hotel occupancy rates fell to 75% during a weekend in the middle of summer..

deiseach

The Twelfth is a net drain on the economy of Northern Ireland. We received a pallet last week from our parent company in Britain which they wanted us to forward for next day delivery to Newry. We tried to explain to them that all the transport companies we use can't deliver to NI over the few days of the Twelfth because they shut down - the routine hijacking of lorries (an expression of culture, perhaps?) seems to be the reason. Trying to explain to the people in England why we were struggling to fulfil their request was an exercise in extreme frustration.

No doubt someone as economically literate as yourself thinks this tale wil be regaled over a few pints of ale in the Ferret & Turnip and some of the listeners will travel next year to NI to experience this, uh, unique event, thus cancelling out the almost total lockdown of transportation in the region. You never know, it might just work . . .

cville

Sorry, just to return to the subject. The Beeb had a woman in Bedford Street interviewing all the good and the great. All couple of Canadians, Australians and a few Polish workers who were lost etc etc. All the Beeb girl did was pump up the multi-cultural event that the parade was?????? Excuse me but maybe I missed the point. Of all the spectators on Bedford Street, the Beeb could not find one member of the Catholic community in attendance. I mean they do make up 50% of the population of Belfast. Defeats any argument of a "multi-cultural festival" - By the way ... Orangefest like the rest is just an excuse to scrounge more money off the Agencies!!!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: SammyG on July 14, 2007, 12:07:14 AM
Two sides of the same shitty coin.

cant agree with that sam

it might appear that this is the case and thats how a lot of folks like to pass this off

but when you have spides, celtic jersied, Tricolour waving attendees on one side
and
establishment backed (psni,bbc, local council, local gov, local religious institutions, local politicians etc etc etc)
sectarian connuctationed and bannered events THEN attended by the spides with rangers jerseys, union jacks, loyalist NI flegs etc

the only thing in common would be the lower classes and their flegs/banners/jerseys of choice.

your 'two sides of a shitty coin' statement is only brushing over the reality..

GweylTah

Quote from: cville on July 16, 2007, 09:40:05 AM
Sorry, just to return to the subject. The Beeb had a woman in Bedford Street interviewing all the good and the great. All couple of Canadians, Australians and a few Polish workers who were lost etc etc. All the Beeb girl did was pump up the multi-cultural event that the parade was?????? Excuse me but maybe I missed the point. Of all the spectators on Bedford Street, the Beeb could not find one member of the Catholic community in attendance. I mean they do make up 50% of the population of Belfast. Defeats any argument of a "multi-cultural festival" - By the way ... Orangefest like the rest is just an excuse to scrounge more money off the Agencies!!!

Did they speak to any locals? I thought the reporter's stated aim was to seek out visitors to these shore, which is what she did.  SHe didn't speak to Poles, they were a Slovak couple. Do they all just look and sound the same to you?   ::)

Maybe the Orange Order should apply for a grant from Belfast City Council, just as the St Patricks Day parade does?

GweylTah

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 16, 2007, 10:51:28 AM
but when you have spides, celtic jersied, Tricolour waving attendees on one side
and
establishment backed (psni,bbc, local council, local gov, local religious institutions, local politicians etc etc etc)
sectarian connuctationed and bannered events THEN attended by the spides with rangers jerseys, union jacks, loyalist NI flegs etc

the only thing in common would be the lower classes and their flegs/banners/jerseys of choice.

your 'two sides of a shitty coin' statement is only brushing over the reality..

Big GAA occasions might be a better comparison?