Father horrified to see dead son's name on banner at loyalist bonfire

Started by Loughers, July 12, 2007, 04:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

GweylTah

pintsofguinness

Can you tell me how attacks on bigots is the same as what we are talking about?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Star Spangler

Unbelievable.  It's a sad reflection on a society that allows these guys free run of the place.

Gabriel_Hurl

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/6294352.stm

QuoteFire crews received 200 emergency call outs to eleventh night bonfires, the Fire and Rescue Service has said.

Bonfires are lit on the night before the Twelfth of July as part of the loyalist celebration.

During the busiest hour just after midnight, an emergency call was received every 85 seconds the service said.

However, the total was down by almost 40% on last year. Most of the calls were in the greater Belfast area.

Crews were also sent to Banbridge and Portadown, where houses had to be cooled down. Crews were attacked at a number of locations but no-one was injured.

Rossfan

Gwaytahell will blame the Fire Brigade for having Catholics in their ranks provoking the Firemaking cultural enthusiasts.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GweylTah

Quote from: Rossfan on July 12, 2007, 11:02:12 PM
Gwaytahell will blame the Fire Brigade for having Catholics in their ranks provoking the Firemaking cultural enthusiasts.

Silly boy.

Aerlik

Lads, lads, lads, how many times have been on here warning you about the sickfcuks that live in the Coleraine, Ballymoney, Portrush area?  It is a sewer of blatant sectarianism.  This doesn't surprise me.  Ironically Bushmills, another little dregs-hole, sponsors the Antrim GAA teams. 

How ironic that on the BBC NI website we have a reporter trying to convince a Japanese tourist that the 12th. is a cultural experience for all the family.  Where else in the western world is the parade by one branch of Christianity  highlighting its hate and loathing of all aspects of another branch of Christianity, accepted?  (China and Korea quite rightly kicks up  a stink when the Japanese PM visits the Yokosuna shrine the resting place of some of the most vicious people to ever occupy the planet. )

How dare the OO try to cover up the simple fact that it is TOTALLY anti-Catholic.  A fun day out for the family my backside.  It is naked sectarianism plain and simple.

Shame on the BBC.

I look forward to the condemnation from the DUP.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Spiritof98

Quote from: GweylTah on July 12, 2007, 09:34:56 PM
The depravity and bigotry isn't all one way.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6896687.stm

Two sides of the same coin.

I was witness to these attacks, and I have to say I do condone this behaviour, but to say that a crowd of 14 year olds throwing stones puts them in the same bracket as the yobs who put up various banners about the country, (slagging of a dead youngster who died of heart disease is the lowest of the low) is you trying to hide the hatred that still exists within your side of the community. Its sickening that the PSNI stood back and watched this go on. As was said before it would not be tollerated anywhere else.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Spiritof98 on July 13, 2007, 09:01:36 AM

I was witness to these attacks, and I have to say I do condone this behaviour, but to say that a crowd of 14 year olds throwing stones puts them in the same bracket as the yobs who put up various banners about the country, (slagging of a dead youngster who died of heart disease is the lowest of the low) is you trying to hide the hatred that still exists within your side of the community. Its sickening that the PSNI stood back and watched this go on. As was said before it would not be tollerated anywhere else.

Such is the nature of their desperation to find any kind of equivocation in however horrific the circumstance, they will stoop as low as is humanly possible to salve their jaundiced consciences.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mentalman

What's the point really? I mean as long as you have clowns on both sides who say "two sides of the same sh!tty coin" or "what about..." you're going no where. That sort attitude is what has things the way they are. If something is wrong, it's wrong end of, no need for the moral equivalence arguements.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

brokencrossbar1

Here, here mental man.  Whataboutery is one of the illnesses that seriously affect the way things are done in the north.  To say that one side is as hatefilled as the other completetly misses the point. 

In my mind, and I am sorry deiseach I have to take issue with you here, bigotry is one thing and you cannot expect much from people who have had nothing but sectarianism bred into them from they were able to throw stones at "themmuns".  You do expect more though from a so called impartial police force.  Can you imagine the outrage if a Guy Fawkes Bonfiore in England had a picture of for talk sake a Muslim Cleric.  There would be unholy war and mayhem for days.  Here it is brushed under the carpet by police, politicians and people in general alike by saying it is a few bad apples and what could we do. 

This action in my view is an incitement to hatred offence as are many of the bonfires and under current legislation are against the law.  It is time for the people to get their fingers out of their holes in Stormont and start enforcing the law as it should be.  And for you gowayandliedownyouidiot, this relates to both sides of the same shitty coin >:(

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Rossfan on July 12, 2007, 08:30:16 PM
On RTE news yesterday they had a report from Antrim Town about the annual Hatefest.
There were shots of a sixty foot high bonfire with a large Tricolour on it with the lettere KAT.
I believe this stands for "Kill all Taigs"

Interestingly enough RTE did not see fit to speculate on the meaning of K.A.T. preferring to dwell on the family aspects of the day.

It's hard to buy into the whole "family carnival" thing though when it seems to stoke up so much anti-Catholic feeling amongst loyalists.  

/Jim.

SammyG

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on July 13, 2007, 10:03:39 AMIt's hard to buy into the whole "family carnival" thing though when it seems to stoke up so much anti-Catholic feeling amongst loyalists.  

Unfortunately the two things go hand in hand. The more progressive wing of the OO (progressive being relative obviously) have done a lot of good work and most of the 'country' events are now much more of a family day out. However the town and city events have actually got worse, with all sorts of paramilitary regalia, confrontations with police, offensive banners etc and loads of pissed up 15 year olds looking for a fight. And the leadership don't seem to be willing and/or have the balls to stand up and condemn the unsavoury elements.

nifan

I agree with those who complain that the police didnt do anything - i appreciate the argument some would have of concern that it would start more trouble, but in reality anyone who started trouble at the taking down of such filth deserves a bang round the head and locking up.