Wasps

Started by CD, August 01, 2014, 06:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Is it just me or are wasps everywhere at the moment? We would usually have a few in and around the house and garden in mid to late August and into early September but never as many as I've seen around today. Kids were in and out the back doors all day and I'm sure I swatted out/killed about 20 wasps.

All the neighbours have been on about it as well so I'm assuming there are a fair few nests around.

Anyone else notice many or is this a local phenomenon?
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

laoislad

Kill them......WITH FIRE....!!!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

clarshack

Was stung last year for first time in about 25 years. Forgot how sore it actually is.
Have killed a right few in last couple of weeks. Got to the stage where we dont even open windows in the house.

Orior

I have not seen any wasps yet
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: clarshack on August 01, 2014, 09:01:51 PM
Was stung last year for first time in about 25 years. Forgot how sore it actually is.
Have killed a right few in last couple of weeks. Got to the stage where we dont even open windows in the house.

me too (maybe nearer 35 years) last Friday - sore as f**k for 5 mins then nothing
5 year old son got stung too on wed past
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

RealSpiritof98

Getting tortured in armagh, heard on the wireless though that they are down due to a late frost.

illdecide

Quote from: CD on August 01, 2014, 06:05:16 PM
Is it just me or are wasps everywhere at the moment? We would usually have a few in and around the house and garden in mid to late August and into early September but never as many as I've seen around today. Kids were in and out the back doors all day and I'm sure I swatted out/killed about 20 wasps.

All the neighbours have been on about it as well so I'm assuming there are a fair few nests around.

Anyone else notice many or is this a local phenomenon?

Yes i have never seen as many wasps as i have this year, i lifted the lid of the bin and there was at least 500 in the bin. I have killed about 100 wasps in the last week alone...def seems to be a lot more this year than previous
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tony Baloney

Bastards. Leave them alone.

Gaffer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 01, 2014, 11:35:41 PM
b**tards. Leave them alone.

Why is it ok to kill wasps/ flies etc and not ok to kill cats/dogs etc

God's creatures and all that
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ziggysego

I'm not really feared of much, but wasps scare the bejaysus out of me.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

The wife got stung on the top of her arse yesterday  ;D

ardal

Their enfluence is becoming intolerable. I blame Palin and her tea party.

Hardy

Cork people pronounce "wasp" to rhyme with "grasp", not rhyming with the "gosp" in "gospel", as normal people do.

I'd have put that in the "Hmmm, that's interesting" thread but I didn't think it was interesting enough. I think it's just about interesting enough for here. Maybe not. Let me know.

Gaffer

Cork people aren't normal then, eh? Lol
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

HiMucker

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 02, 2014, 07:29:55 PM
The wife got stung on the top of her arse yesterday  ;D
rule 1!  ;D