Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron123 on July 28, 2022, 08:43:40 AM
At least they are turning up  ::)

yeah i suppose Dunloy shouldve turned up to even tho they have 10+ dual players with championship on saturday, at least 4 first team players currently injured, lads on holidays and then you have 3 more out of the country. probably better to think before posting stupid comments
[/quote]

Ah right, so the likes of Sarsfileds, St Pauls St Galls Ahoghill the Johnnies and the rest that did play don't have the same issues? wise up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

yeah i suppose Dunloy shouldve turned up to even tho they have 10+ dual players with championship on saturday, at least 4 first team players currently injured, lads on holidays and then you have 3 more out of the country. probably better to think before posting stupid comments
[/quote]

Cop out answer.

Loads of dual clubs about the place.

Plus Dunloy have more hurlers than any other team I'd reckon.

saffron123

yeah id say plenty of them could field a team with the guts of 20 players unavailable for selection. Lgiel & cushendall can field 3 teams regularly were as dunloy prob 31/32 of a panel so naw they havnt more hurlers

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron123 on July 28, 2022, 10:49:25 AM
yeah id say plenty of them could field a team with the guts of 20 players unavailable for selection. Lgiel & cushendall can field 3 teams regularly were as dunloy prob 31/32 of a panel so naw they havnt more hurlers

The point is this, and you aint on your own, other clubs have done it and other clubs wished they could have rested players leading up to this football weekend, there is nothing to lose or win by putting out the reserves, in such end of season games..

We complain about fixtures and not enough games and so on and when we do have games some clubs don't play them, this isnt a new thing either..

I'd say Rossa is probably the worst team for having too many dual players, and possibly stopping them from competing for championships in either code
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnnycool on July 27, 2022, 12:02:58 PM
Quote from: keep her low this half on July 27, 2022, 11:56:13 AM
Quote from: TheGeneral on July 27, 2022, 10:40:13 AM
Dunloy unable to field against Cushendall tonight? Rumours the match has been cancelled conceded.

10 days before the first championship match? Bit of cute hoorism going on in Dunloy. £300 fine for not fielding and move on. What happens if Portaferry and Cushendall end up level on points, as far as I know the head to head is one win each.How will score difference work if Cushendall haven't played all their matches?

Ports beat the Dall by 6 points whereas the Dall only won by 4 last week, so if it was using Down competition rules Ports would win it but you Antrim hoors can pull out obscure bylaws like some Harry Houdini when the need arises.  ;D

Ports are a point ahead going into tonight's game, so in theory anything other than a defeat will mean they take the title.

We tried to stop you down boys winning it but you went and did it anyway  ;D (Though I suspect you may have preferred an antrim team lol)

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 28, 2022, 12:01:21 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 27, 2022, 12:02:58 PM
Quote from: keep her low this half on July 27, 2022, 11:56:13 AM
Quote from: TheGeneral on July 27, 2022, 10:40:13 AM
Dunloy unable to field against Cushendall tonight? Rumours the match has been cancelled conceded.

10 days before the first championship match? Bit of cute hoorism going on in Dunloy. £300 fine for not fielding and move on. What happens if Portaferry and Cushendall end up level on points, as far as I know the head to head is one win each.How will score difference work if Cushendall haven't played all their matches?

Ports beat the Dall by 6 points whereas the Dall only won by 4 last week, so if it was using Down competition rules Ports would win it but you Antrim hoors can pull out obscure bylaws like some Harry Houdini when the need arises.  ;D

Ports are a point ahead going into tonight's game, so in theory anything other than a defeat will mean they take the title.

We tried to stop you down boys winning it but you went and did it anyway  ;D (Though I suspect you may have preferred an antrim team lol)

Glad they won it. They'll start believing their own hype. Pity we aren't even close enough to avail of the ability to catch them off guard...

Franko

[/quote]

You couldn't find 15 fit hurlers in Dunloy to field a team?

Nonsense

Put out 15 men of whatever standard and fulfil the fixture

saffron123

And what exactly would the point of that be?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron123 on July 28, 2022, 12:45:41 PM

What's the point of entering the league then? Other teams would like to play their players in games, an agreement could have been met to play a lesser team on both sides to have a competitive game or just throw the lads in and see how they perform.. just not fielding should be looked at with a points deduction for following season.

I'd say most clubs have done this in the past and thats why it seems ok to some, but its not. My own club would have put out weaker teams or as has been highlighted by some here, only 13 players available for a 13 aside game at juvenile. Maybe our senior clubs could look at this option.

Look its done and all will be forgotten about come championship, only one show in town then, providing everyone is fit, not on hols, in the states, and raring to go

Franko

Quote from: saffron123 on July 28, 2022, 12:45:41 PM

Doing your duty to the other teams in the league (and your own players) and fulfilling a fixture you've agreed to play in

The clue was in the name really

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I can't recall us ever  conceding a  senior game in Antrim . Glad to be allowed to play in it as guests

You don't enter unless you plan to play . We only have max 26 senior age hurlers from 18 up

johnnycool

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 28, 2022, 03:51:33 PM
I can't recall us ever  conceding a  senior game in Antrim . Glad to be allowed to play in it as guests

You don't enter unless you plan to play . We only have max 26 senior age hurlers from 18 up

Same as us Fear.

Minder

Glenariffe played Carey a couple of weeks ago with 15 players and it was as big a gather up as I have ever seen for our club, a player had to come out of retirement to play, when another player (42 year old) got hurt a member of the management team had to come on for the last 10 mins
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on July 29, 2022, 11:31:47 AM
Glenariffe played Carey a couple of weeks ago with 15 players and it was as big a gather up as I have ever seen for our club, a player had to come out of retirement to play, when another player (42 year old) got hurt a member of the management team had to come on for the last 10 mins

Love it!! I played when I was 48 for a gather up in St Endas, sure get them played and move on

breakingball

Championship time! Who wins?