Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meatsy86

If I was you I would read that post again before I start calling others out on being "Educationally Challenged"

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: meatsy86 on May 31, 2023, 08:00:09 AM
If I was you I would read that post again before I start calling others out on being "Educationally Challenged"

🤣🤣🤣🤣

manwithnoplan

Quote from: PTC on May 30, 2023, 07:07:35 PM
Quote from: downtothecore on May 30, 2023, 05:17:57 PM
No issue hasn't gone away. A kilcoo lad got busted in an off the ball incident at a reserve at the weekend so unfortunately problem still exists. Also brannigan has been suspended for a month so it wasnt overlooked.

Plus carryduff wont share footage of their match with bryansford because of Connery's dirty action. It's laughable

Care to elaborate?

PTC

Quote from: manwithnoplan on May 31, 2023, 10:10:12 AM
No issue hasn't gone away. A kilcoo lad got busted in an off the ball incident at a reserve at the weekend so unfortunately problem still exists. Also brannigan has been suspended for a month so it wasnt overlooked.

Plus carryduff wont share footage of their match with bryansford because of Connery's dirty action. It's laughable

Care to elaborate?
Carryduff and bryansford game was in Newcastle. Carryduff wanted to video it and asked bryansford if it was ok, bryansford agreed as long as they got a copy. Carryduff won't share the footage because it shows there player( Connery) punching bryansford player.

manwithnoplan

Quote from: PTC on May 31, 2023, 01:32:49 PM
Quote from: manwithnoplan on May 31, 2023, 10:10:12 AM

Care to elaborate?
Carryduff and bryansford game was in Newcastle. Carryduff wanted to video it and asked bryansford if it was ok, bryansford agreed as long as they got a copy. Carryduff won't share the footage because it shows there player( Connery) punching bryansford player.

I see. Have you seen it?

Johnnysboys

Kilcoo beat again. With McEvoy, Morgan, Johnston all freed up to play. Are Clonduff dark horses? Have now beaten a few of the so called big guns in round one of the league.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on May 31, 2023, 11:24:28 PM
Kilcoo beat again. With McEvoy, Morgan, Johnston all freed up to play. Are Clonduff dark horses? Have now beaten a few of the so called big guns in round one of the league.

Again? You write that like they're in trouble. :D

What was their full team?

After 8 games, Kilcoo is in a healthy position. They'll be safe with 12 points, and they can now easily transition into championship mode.

For a number of years, Clonduff has been considered a dark horse, but they often falter at the final fence .

Truth hurts

Is anyone available for games tonight and has a team been picked for tomorrow yet?

Fair credit must be given to Conor and the management group, who have done a fine job of releasing players for the group games.

Everyone needs to support the team in its bid for success after this weekend. There shouldn't be any county players competing in the league until they are eliminated from the tournament. Its only a few weeks.

Nanderson

Tight game this afternoon. Shooting not great from both teams but 17 wides and being outscored 5 points to 1 in last 20 minutes tells you the story of the game. Into the premlin quarter finals next week. Maybe this team needs to be playing in consecutive weeks to keep sharp

SHEEDY

Looked the better team for long parts but some really bad wides, some strange refereeing and a strong Meath finish combined to a 2 point defeat. Some of the shooting today was crazy, 17 wides.
nil satis nisi optimum

befair

Meath the better team, too many of the Down players had no ability to take their men on; no conviction or confidence in their shooting. This is our level; for all the hype about Laverty we aren't much better than last year. Not his fault, our players just aren't very good. The Kilcoo batch are great at club level, but not up to it at the higher level

Lloyd p

Wouldn't get too carried away with that defeat. Could easily have won it on another day and still in the mix. Hopefully improved performance next week

snoopdog

Down should've won that. The forwards were abysmal. Some of the shots were laughable. Absolutely dreadful. Meath were no better. Laverty has a massive job on his hands. Main one is to unearth forwards that know how to put the ball over the bar.

ardtole

Surely a game like today's was set up for the likes of Gilmore. He done well in the 1st few league games, but the hard ground, favourable weather conditions would suit him.

O'Hagan has been a huge loss, I thought Havern's form dipped when Barry got injured too, they had a good understanding.

SHEEDY

Quote from: ardtole on June 03, 2023, 07:55:12 PM
Surely a game like today's was set up for the likes of Gilmore. He done well in the 1st few league games, but the hard ground, favourable weather conditions would suit him.

O'Hagan has been a huge loss, I thought Havern's form dipped when Barry got injured too, they had a good understanding.
Gilmore is out injured
nil satis nisi optimum