Ulster All-Stars are in!

Started by Maguire01, September 07, 2007, 11:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balboa

gerry

Mugsy should have being taken of against Meath. Unless Mickey can find some new talent, it will be a while before Tyrone will have any forwards selected as an All Star, except for SON.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

orangeman

7 all stars for Monaghan ??? You're definitely taking the urine !

blanketattack

What the f@ck - no Peter Canavan!

Kentucky Blue

Quote from: orangeman on September 09, 2007, 11:23:51 PM

7 sounds like a lot but when i looked at it man for man, id probably say they were deserved.
Which one(s) you think should not have got one? and who would you have had in instead?  ???

Maguire01

Quote from: Kentucky Blue on September 10, 2007, 03:35:31 PM
Quote from: orangeman on September 09, 2007, 11:23:51 PM

7 sounds like a lot but when i looked at it man for man, id probably say they were deserved.
Which one(s) you think should not have got one? and who would you have had in instead?  ???

Yeah, was this not close to the team everyone was predicting (including the irish News pundits)? It could well be that Monaghan came closerst to preventing Kerry's 2 in a row. All seven players fully deserve their position.

nrico2006

Again, if it is Ulster All Stars should it not be based on performances in the Ulster Championship.  If that was the case McGoldrick and Bradley are definitely out.  Muldoon did well against Antrim, but Dooher's performance against Donegal would put him ahead of Enda.  7 from Monaghan is puzzling.  The ulster champions should definitely have more than 3.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 11, 2007, 11:22:33 AM
The ulster champions should definitely have more than 3.

Agreed, the Ulster Champs beaten once in the 2007 Championship, the rest beaten twice.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Balboa

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 11, 2007, 11:26:02 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 11, 2007, 11:22:33 AM
The ulster champions should definitely have more than 3.

Agreed, the Ulster Champs beaten once in the 2007 Championship, the rest beaten twice.

Chaps if you think Tyrone are under represented who should be in/out?

tbrick18

I dont think these allstars are based only on the Ulster championship but also take into account the league and the entire participation in the AI series. On these gruonds I think the share of awards is fair.

Monaghan definately the success story of Ulster this year and fully deserve their 7 awards. The only issue I would have is with the player of the year award. I think Kevin McCloy would have been a better choice. Best full back in Ireland this year.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Balboa on September 11, 2007, 11:32:31 AM
Chaps if you think Tyrone are under represented who should be in/out?

Was there a better performance in the middle sector in any game in any place than Dooher's against Donegal? And despite injury, he still captained the team to the Anglo-Celt. Mulgrew unlucky too.

orangeman

Agreed FOSB - Dooher's was performance of the year - no dispute !

Maximus Marillius

one swallow does not make a summer, he was tripe against fermanagh, monaghan and meath

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on September 11, 2007, 02:01:17 PM
one swallow does not make a summer...

But perhaps an Anglo-Celt, and Derry won?...  ;)

nrico2006

Quoteone swallow does not make a summer, he was tripe against fermanagh, monaghan and meath

Hardly fair considering the man was carrying an injury hence the performances apart from Donegal.  But that performance alone should have earned him an All Star.  As FOSB stated, he did Captain his County to an Ulster Title and his Man Of The Match display was against the NFL Champs.  Sure Enda scored a few points against Antrim, he should get the All Star instead!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'