In Newcastle
2.30pm JFC Final
Bosco v Drumaness - Bosco

IFC Final
Ballymartin v Downpatrick - Downpatrick

5 out of 5 for the colonel Cool?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

5 Sams

Premier Reserve Final was a draw....good game with Burren going ahead with a monstrous point from Kevin McGovern well into injury time. Ball went back up the field and the Burren corner back won possession only to kick across his own goal and give the ball away...point for Clonduff...ref blew the whistle.

Replay is back in our place on Saturday at 4 o'clock.

BTW Burren won the first game easy.
The Aristocrat Years

Aristotle Flynn

I don't think there's too many close to getting all 8 right!
Results so far:-

Senior Football: Mayobridge/Longstone
Senior Hurling: Ballycran

Intermediate Football: Downpatrick
Intermedate Hurling: Ballycran

Junior Football: John Bosco
Junior Hurling: Bredagh

Premier Reserve Football: Burren/Clonduff
Reserve Football: Burren

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

boscomo

boys will sumone start an ulster club prediction page or is it already set up and going.
cheers,
good come back by the stone, silly business behind the goals tough.
if in doubt eat it

Bacon

Who got what right?

Senior Football: Mayobridge - most posters went for the Bridge
Senior Hurling: Ballycran - only Colonel Cool & Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Intermediate Football: Downpatrick - Aristotle, Square Ball.
Intermedate Hurling: Ballycran - Aristotle, Amallon, Colonel Cool, jpmac

Junior Football: John Bosco - Me, Bridgegael, Amallon, Square Ball, Whitehair,Bcarrier, Brick Tamlin, Johnnie99, Colonel Cool, Lecale, jpmac, T O'Hare
Junior Hurling: Bredagh - Square Ball, Whitehair, South Down, jpmac

Premier Reserve Football: Burren - South Down, jpmac
Reserve Football: Burren - Bridgegael, Amallon, Square Ball, Whitehair, Brick Tamlin, Hedgehog, Johhie99, Lecale, DownFanatic
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Bacon on October 18, 2007, 08:00:09 AM
Who got what right?

Premier Reserve Football: Burren - South Down, jpmac

Clonduff won this on Saturday!

billy the kid

I think the GPA should be ashamed of themselves they are undermining everything the GAA stands for.  What they are asking for is Pay for |Play dressed up in fancy clothes.

They are an elitist Organisation who are only concerned with themselves and I firmly believe its a case of a few leading the many.

Don't get me wrong i totally agree with players being treated well and looked after if they get injured but they are always looking for more and more.

Currently every season inter-county players in Derry get:

2 pairs of boots
2 full kits a season,
2 full sets of training gear. (1 wet and 1 normal)
1 rain jacket
1 zip up top
1 jumper
2 polo shirts
1 tracksuit
Home training Equipment
Free access to state of the art gym

All the above are official Derry gear from O neills with emblems and crests and this is only the gear I KNOW FOR CERTAIN they get!

Also they have access to a top class physio, team doctor dietician and heart screening facilities.

they receive meals after ALL games and on the way to away games

they get fed after every training

and they also get VERY GOOD rebates on their mileage expenses.

Again these are jut the things i KNOW FOR CERTAIN!!

for each national league game they receive 4 passes each allowing friends and family to gain admission to the games for FREE and the passes can be used for both hurling and football even if only involved in one code.

They receive at least 2 and sometimes more FREE tickets for ALL championship matches they are involved in

They receive 2 good tickets for the all Ireland final in their code (hurling or football) for FREE

Before the club championship begins they receive a pass allowing them to gain FREE entry to ALL championship matches within the county in EITHER code at ANY level

The above list was given to me when I asked a PRESENT COUNTY PLAYER from our club about conditions at inter-county level.

I don't think anyone would begrudge them these things as the gear and medical farcicalities are a MUST and so are the mileage expenses and the meals.

The other stuff are added perks and again I would say Just right they are training very hard and giving a big commitment to Our County.

Looking at the list I would say our county players are fairly well looked after wouldn't you? And this is just the example of our county alot of other counties like Armagh and Tyrone get even more gear and perks which again is fair enough.

But to ask for money and to make out that they are so hard done by and listening to some of their leaders you'd think some were hardly fit to feed themselves and on the way to financial ruin is an absolute myth and border line lie!! Nobodies making them play!!!

What ever happened to being proud to play for your county and pride in the jersey? That used to be enough to make people play for their counties.

Has Pride and honour fallen of the radar of the GPA in their obsession with self-worth and self-gain.
If pride in the jersey and being honoured to represent your County plus the list i have supplied aren't enough to make individuals play for OUR county teams do we really want them to? The type of character who would undermine the very fabric of our great organisation to line his own pockets.   

I was also informed by the County player from my own Club that most county players don't want to strike but are being openly pressurised to do so. Is this Democracy?

Its also evident the GPA are so far removed from the grassroots GAA and the supporters that they haven't noticed that the vast majority are strongly against it, but why would they listen to us mere mortals?

Down Manager Ross Carr has the right idea:

If these prima donnas strike and refuse to play Each County should find a panel of players who will represent their counties for pride honour and the other perks i listed. There would be a stampede to trials and it would totally negate the strike and render their actions futile and meaningless.

We cannot let the elitist few hold the rest of us to ransom while they try to gain financially for doing what most TRUE Gaels consider an Honour and a privilege – PLAY FOR YOUR COUNTY  
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!