Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA Madness

Quote from: Johnnysboys on June 12, 2022, 04:51:18 PM
Absolutely great performance from our lads today. Fully deserving off their victory and it actually could have been more. Clonduff are starting to miss some players and with Barry OHagan leaving soon they could struggle. We have just timed our run too late for top four in league but are in good form for the bottom 8...

Where is Barry of to?
When do players from US return, early September?

Johnnysboys

[/quote]

Where is Barry of to?
[/quote]

Barry heading to Chicago by all accounts. 8 week block so will probably miss first round of championship - not that it really matters anyhow as it's not real championship..

rosskarr

Quote from: Johnnysboys on June 13, 2022, 09:40:14 PM

Where is Barry of to?
[/quote]

Barry heading to Chicago by all accounts. 8 week block so will probably miss first round of championship - not that it really matters anyhow as it's not real championship..
[/quote]
  Not a real Championship? Please explain..

Truth hurts

When is the next county board meeting as I am sure county management in all age groups are on the clar.

We need to get our county back to a winning mentality, we need our county united. If James is appointed then the players need to be in the gym with a programme asap. He should also take someone like Darragh O'Hanlon into the setup to help out.
Laverty to remain in charge of 20s
The current Down u16 manager is Benny Coulter so I'd be happy for him to take on the role for next year, he would know the majority of players.

elk

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 14, 2022, 10:00:20 AM
When is the next county board meeting as I am sure county management in all age groups are on the clar.

We need to get our county back to a winning mentality, we need our county united. If James is appointed then the players need to be in the gym with a programme asap. He should also take someone like Darragh O'Hanlon into the setup to help out.
Laverty to remain in charge of 20s
The current Down u16 manager is Benny Coulter so I'd be happy for him to take on the role for next year, he would know the majority of players.
Doesn't make you a good manager

Truth hurts

I am just in from a walk and I have heard that the county board is selling Newcastle. This is a sad day for Down GAA. For years Newcastle was a cauldron for teams traveling for county games. I see no reason why we could have redeveloped this iconic stadium for county games.
The atmosphere was always electric and it was a terrific venue for county finals.
I do not think this should be happening and it is a sad day for Down Gaels.

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 14, 2022, 12:56:55 PM
I am just in from a walk and I have heard that the county board is selling Newcastle. This is a sad day for Down GAA. For years Newcastle was a cauldron for teams traveling for county games. I see no reason why we could have redeveloped this iconic stadium for county games.
The atmosphere was always electric and it was a terrific venue for county finals.

Did you walk from Ballykinlar to the county board office? That will certainly get the daily steps up. It would be of no benefit to redevelop the ground as there is no point in having it redeveloped to sit idle. County finals are just fine in Newry.

bigarsedkeeper

Do the county board own all of the ground including the back pitches or just the main pitch and surrounding area? Do they still own the infamous site in Bryansford or was it sold at a lost?

Truth hurts

I am not sure how much they own tbh
There has been no talk of this, underhand meetings if you ask me.

MATTSARACEN

Did Saudi Arabia not buy it last year?
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

Godsown

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 14, 2022, 01:56:46 PM
I am not sure how much they own tbh
There has been no talk of this, underhand meetings if you ask me.

I'd say unless your a Ford member it's none of your business

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: MATTSARACEN on June 14, 2022, 05:13:39 PM

Did Saudi Arabia not buy it last year?

Yea. They brought Eddie Howe, Conor Deegan & John Fegan in.  Apparently they're on serious dough.

thebar

If true that's an utter disgrace. Hope this is nothing more than rumour.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: rosskarr on June 13, 2022, 11:20:12 PM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on June 13, 2022, 09:40:14 PM

Where is Barry of to?

[/quote]
  Not a real Championship? Please explain..
[/quote]

Second chance given to all teams.. that's not a real championship. Do what they do in other counties - straight knockout.. that's a championship..

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 13, 2022, 11:27:30 AM
I am just after hearing that the oligarchs in Burren are unhappy with Burren's style of football this year.

Yes they are. Not so sure it's the style of football or is it because "my boy" is not getting game time?? McCorry could be under real pressure if he fails to deliver Frank this year.