?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on March 01, 2019, 10:35:42 PM
I'll give you my views for what its worth...
Sectarianism is worse in Scotland than it is here in Ireland...FACT (Especially in the West of Scotland), I have spent more time in Scotland than i care to mention and my sister currently lives there. To be fair most of it seems to come out with the footie, the problem with the soccer is you give a decent fella half a dozen pints and put him into that atmosphere he becomes that. Sad but true, I haven't been to a Celtic v Sevco match yet and haven't been to a Celtic v Rangers game in many a year because the poison and vile shit is just not right. I can't speak for Sevco but as far as Celtic is concerned they have their idiots like most teams i suppose but it is a small enough minority in fairness.
As for the clowns on here trying to stir the shit and wind people up...Why?. You're even trying to convince yourself that you're contributing to the thread but you know you're not, you've hardly had a post on the Celtic thread but all of a sudden you throw out the fishing hook and  catch a few to wind up...Wise up.
We all have idiots in our support, same way we all have decent people. What I can't stand is the race to be the first to be outraged on social media when opposition fans let themselves down

michaelg

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 01, 2019, 04:47:38 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 10:13:33 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 28, 2019, 08:57:39 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 08:19:45 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 28, 2019, 07:22:37 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 07:09:36 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 28, 2019, 03:15:12 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 02:43:06 PM
Quote from: lenny on February 28, 2019, 02:10:11 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 28, 2019, 01:12:37 PM
I don't mind Celtic. Good luck to them etc. But this blind faith, more than a club, we're a big Irish parish, Rodgers is a cheating sex addict shite is embarrassing. They're a football business.
There's also a huge sectarian element that's just glossed over. Both Celtic and Rangers feed off this to try and generate profits, which makes me a little uneasy.

You obviously don't know much about Celtics's history then.

What part is he wrong about? He's right about clubs having major issues with sectarian abuse towards opposing teams. Only this week I listened to scottish journalist discussing the issue. Steve Clarke had problems with sectarian abuse from Rangers fans and Kris Boyd got sectarian abuse from Celtic fans. Neither club seems to be doing anything to try and stamp it out and its always been there. You only have to see the poisonous atmosphere at old firm games on the tv no matter who's at home. One reason why I try to discourage my son from watching Celtic or scottish football
maybe do your research before posting such uninformed statements.

That's like saying you wouldn't let your son support Dublin in Gaelic football because they are known to be drunk, tattoo wielding, dole cheating , drug involved scumbags

If you don't like Celtic that's fine.
Interesting you are posting your ill informed misinformed statements on a Celtic thread

So youre saying the main sports writer for a scottish newspaper, steve clarke and Kris Boyd are all wrong and sectarianism doesn't exist in scottish football. I mean, maybe you're right. What would they know. They only live in scotland and either play for report on or mangage scottish premier league teams. As someone who lives in Ireland I assume you clearly understand how things work in scotland and scottish football far better.
I'm pointing out the facile examples you put up.

If the culprits were caught would they face charges of sectarianism for throwing a coin?
No. It's assault or attempted asset.

Your point about neither club ( in fact most clubs in Scotland)
Doing anything about it is also 100%  incorrect.
Go check your facts.

I didn't say sectarianism didnt exist- hence my point that Scottish clubs are trying to take measures to address it.

You don't like Celtic. Fine. But would you believe the bs from journalists about the drunken dubs fans, the drugs being taken on hill 16, poisonous atmosphere from hill 16 etc etc.. 
..would you believe that?
Would you stop your son going to croker and not support Dublin because you read that?

I was a Celtic season ticket holder for 10 years and get over to games every year. Never saw any issues.

You are still posting your ill informed carp on a Celtic thread...

If you don't like Celtic.. why bother reading this thread?

But theyre not addressing it. Steve Clarke is raising his kids outside of glasgow and is delighted they dont know what sectarianism is. That's a damning indictment of both clubs so called efforts to clean up their act. All this holier than thou nonsense and rubbish spouted that its not as bad as Liverpool ot Utd is just nonsense.

Why dont more Irish fans support Hibernian? Wasn't one of their founders an Irish man? Problem there is they arent as successful as Celtic and no bandwagon to jump aboard. If its one thing Irish fans do well is get behind a winning team

I won't resort to your level.

Go check it out.
All the Scottish clubs are a dressing it.

Get yiur head out of the sand

Just because you don't want to acknowledge it doesn't mean it isn't happening.
I'm sure the hooligan element is as bad if not worse in England.
.. songs about plane crashes, collapsing stadia and organised fighting after or before games...

Same thought process coukd be applied to 75% of Dublin fans... their ancestry is culchie... so surely they should be following leitrum or longford etc

Your arguments are without any research or understanding.

Plus again.. if you hate Celtic..  why comment here.
Your kid  has some role model... and is going to be  equally as socially ignorant and inept it would seem

Its as bad now as it was 20 years ago. Thats not me saying it thats scottish press who can look on it in a non biased way. Its farcical how Irish people, living in Ireland seem to think sectarianism isnt a big deal in scotland. Yet theyll criticise Liverpool and Utd fans and claim theyre worse for singing songs.

Im amazed Lennon went back to Celtic (and his family agreed) given all the s**te he had to deal with on and off the pitch. No amount of money is worth that. I cant belive hed want tje job on a full time basis (or his family would let him take it)

Scottish press impartial? Really?

I wouldn't trust the Scottish press at all. This is the press that printed a story with the tagging 'Barry Fergusson:my kids want to know why I'm being called an orange b**tard' with a photo showing Barry with said kids, one of whom is wearing a scarf with the words you can stick you rosary up your arse.

I'm a Celtic fan and I'm not blind. We have idiots in our support, the video posted above being an example. But the Scottish press label rebel songs as sectarian which they aren't. Their relevance at games is a different debate. I also lived in England for a long time and our fans are nowhere near the level of idiocy as English football fans
When you have had innocent family members killed by republican terrorists, I would beg to differ re Rebel songs not being sectarian

lynchbhoy

Quote from: michaelg on March 01, 2019, 11:37:58 PM
I don't mind Celtic. Good luck to them etc. But this blind faith, more than a club, we're a big Irish parish, Rodgers is a cheating sex addict shite is embarrassing. They're a football business.
There's also a huge sectarian element that's just glossed over. Both Celtic and Rangers feed off this to try and generate profits, which makes me a little uneasy.

What part is he wrong about? He's right about clubs having major issues with sectarian abuse towards opposing teams. Only this week I listened to scottish journalist discussing the issue. Steve Clarke had problems with sectarian abuse from Rangers fans and Kris Boyd got sectarian abuse from Celtic fans. Neither club seems to be doing anything to try and stamp it out and its always been there. You only have to see the poisonous atmosphere at old firm games on the tv no matter who's at home. One reason why I try to discourage my son from watching Celtic or scottish football

That's like saying you wouldn't let your son support Dublin in Gaelic football because they are known to be drunk, tattoo wielding, dole cheating , drug involved scumbags

Interesting you are posting your ill informed misinformed statements on a Celtic thread

So youre saying the main sports writer for a scottish newspaper, steve clarke and Kris Boyd are all wrong and sectarianism doesn't exist in scottish football. I mean, maybe you're right. What would they know. They only live in scotland and either play for report on or mangage scottish premier league teams. As someone who lives in Ireland I assume you clearly understand how things work in scotland and scottish football far better.

If the culprits were caught would they face charges of sectarianism for throwing a coin?

Go check your facts.

I didn't say sectarianism didnt exist- hence my point that Scottish clubs are trying to take measures to address it.

You don't like Celtic. Fine. But would you believe the bs from journalists about the drunken dubs fans, the drugs being taken on hill 16, poisonous atmosphere from hill 16 etc etc.. 
Would you stop your son going to croker and not support Dublin because you read that?

I was a Celtic season ticket holder for 10 years and get over to games every year. Never saw any issues.

But theyre not addressing it. Steve Clarke is raising his kids outside of glasgow and is delighted they dont know what sectarianism is. That's a damning indictment of both clubs so called efforts to clean up their act. All this holier than thou nonsense and rubbish spouted that its not as bad as Liverpool ot Utd is just nonsense.

Why dont more Irish fans support Hibernian? Wasn't one of their founders an Irish man? Problem there is they arent as successful as Celtic and no bandwagon to jump aboard. If its one thing Irish fans do well is get behind a winning team

Go check it out.

.. songs about plane crashes, collapsing stadia and organised fighting after or before games...

Same thought process coukd be applied to 75% of Dublin fans... their ancestry is culchie... so surely they should be following leitrum or longford etc

Your kid  has some role model... and is going to be  equally as socially ignorant and inept it would seem

Its as bad now as it was 20 years ago. Thats not me saying it thats scottish press who can look on it in a non biased way. Its farcical how Irish people, living in Ireland seem to think sectarianism isnt a big deal in scotland. Yet theyll criticise Liverpool and Utd fans and claim theyre worse for singing songs.

Im amazed Lennon went back to Celtic (and his family agreed) given all the s**te he had to deal with on and off the pitch. No amount of money is worth that. I cant belive hed want tje job on a full time basis (or his family would let him take it)

I wouldn't trust the Scottish press at all. This is the press that printed a story with the tagging 'Barry Fergusson:my kids want to know why I'm being called an orange b**tard' with a photo showing Barry with said kids, one of whom is wearing a scarf with the words you can stick you rosary up your arse.

I'm a Celtic fan and I'm not blind. We have idiots in our support, the video posted above being an example. But the Scottish press label rebel songs as sectarian which they aren't. Their relevance at games is a different debate. I also lived in England for a long time and our fans are nowhere near the level of idiocy as English football fans
When you have had innocent family members killed by republican terrorists, I would beg to differ re Rebel songs not being sectarian
Whether you are taking offence or not... it's terrible to have had family members killed by one side or the other, as I have had too. lives ruined by government backed police and army, intimidation from the same state law enforcement people let alone the hoardes of people trying to join in... and again they are all Innocent  like those you speak of.
Yes there are many things that cause offence on both sides.
I'm sure the songs and emblems existed before all those innocents died.
The state and paratroopers, the marching through areas they've no right to be in etc causes offence to both sides.
But the GFA means we just get on with it. It's life. Countkess People who have experienced wars through the centuries have had to get on with it. We must do the same.

I really laugh at people finding and taking offence at songs tbough. They can be more graphic on the rangers / north of ireland /loyalist/unionist side with those up to their necks in fenian blood... but I don't think too many take or want to take as much offence...

Dougal Maguire

So are you offended when you hear about the Republic of Ireland football team playing rebel songs on the bus en-route to matches? And what about the Limerick Hurlers singing Sean South, or the Tipp hurled who sang the Galtee Mountain Boy after an AI Final?
Careful now

tonto1888

Go check your facts.

Go check it out.

I am genuinely sorry to hear that Michael but which rebel songs donyou think are sectarian

michaelg

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 02, 2019, 08:15:10 AM

Go check your facts.

Go check it out.

I am genuinely sorry to hear that Michael but which rebel songs donyou think are sectarian
Not that well up on my rebel.songs tbh. I just think it's totally unnecessary to sing songs that celebrates an organisation that killed so many innocent people. It's also totally unnecessary to sing such at a sporting event.

Baile an tuaigh

Great individual goal by James Forrest. Lennie not to animated on the side line probably conscious of is his Hibs friends.

marty34

Quote from: michaelg on March 02, 2019, 06:32:23 PM

Go check your facts.

Go check it out.

Not that well up on my rebel.songs tbh. I just think it's totally unnecessary to sing songs that celebrates an organisation that killed so many innocent people. It's also totally unnecessary to sing such at a sporting event.

You'd wonder what the 12th is all about so!!!

michaelg

Quote from: marty34 on March 02, 2019, 06:39:07 PM

Go check your facts.

Go check it out.

You'd wonder what the 12th is all about so!!!
Not my bag either.

Dougal Maguire

So in fairness you've been talking out of your arse for the last while it would appear
Careful now

lynchbhoy

Go check your facts.

Go check it out.

Moaning about something you nothing about?
Like I said... you are looking to be offended.

I don't use the deaths of my friends and relations.
Poor show in doing so imo.

I'd hope that yiud similarly boycott the north of Ireland games too for their choice of (worse) songs commemorating  murder of taigs etc etc

I don't know too many Irish that take such offence at Billy boys, or rule britannia etc etc
Even though they could do so more than yourself..

To be fair Celtic FC don't want and actively have tried to stop Irish rebel songs at Celtic park.
They want to be seen to be going ott out of their way to sterilize songs in order to placate those idiots pretending to take offence. Which has made the fans sing them more

Over the Bar

Im amazed Lennon went back to Celtic (and his family agreed) given all the s**te he had to deal with on and off the pitch. No amount of money is worth that.

The same non-biased Scottish press who reported that 'so-called hard-man Neil Lennon got more than he bargained for when he picked a fight with a pensioner' when in fact   Lennon was brutally assaulted by 2 Rangers fans in a chippy who knocked him unconscious?   The same non-biased Scottish press who chose to use always use stock photos of Lennon snarling while at the same time always using pics of Ally McCoist laughing and joking when they were opposing OF managers?  The same non-biased Scottish press who reported as a 'prank' a Union Jack planted in Martin O'Neill's front garden?

At every OF game dozens of UVF and UDA flags are on display yet the non-biased Scottish press choose to ignore this but if something inappropriate appears on the Celtic terraces they immediately report on it.   I was at one OF game at Parkhead and a banner the entire size of the away end was unveiled of a masked UDA man with a machine gun.   The police eventually got it pulled down but not a single condemnation of it appeared in the non-biased Scottish press. 

Main Street

I thought that flag plant incident was humorous, more like a neighbour's dog inviting himself in to claim territory in the time honoured fashion.

nrico2006

Rangers are the most successful club in Scotland. They win another league and they have 55. Sure FaiFA clarified this a few years ago.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 03, 2019, 07:05:43 PM
Rangers are the most successful club in Scotland. They win another league and they have 55. Sure FaiFA clarified this a few years ago.
Why would a fckwit like yourself pretend to know about Scotland's football league never mind care about it?