Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: Up The Middle on September 26, 2016, 09:13:37 AM
Edendork was a disgrace yesterday, could very easily have got dangerous outside the ground before throw in. Whoever came up with the bright idea of not allowing people to pay at the turnstiles needs roaded. Its clearly not Edendork clubs fault, county board just creating mess after mess. There were at least 2 to 3 hundred people trying to get at 2 mall windows to buy tickets while the ref was just about to throw the ball up, small children with their parents stuck in the middle of it. An absolute disgrace someone could have got seriously hurt.

It wasn't good

leenie

Endendork should never have been given that game, actually they shouldn't have got any of the five games they 'hosted' ( using that term lightly) ..

Well done to Tyrone tribulations on his tweets from the games, v funny

When will the last league games be played? I think we should just scrap them and leave it as it stands  ;D ;D ;)
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

WT4E

Quote from: leenie on September 26, 2016, 11:14:50 AM
Endendork should never have been given that game, actually they shouldn't have got any of the five games they 'hosted' ( using that term lightly) ..

Well done to Tyrone tribulations on his tweets from the games, v funny

When will the last league games be played? I think we should just scrap them and leave it as it stands  ;D ;D ;)

I would agree with that!  ;D

The Golden Years

After watching the two semi finals over the weekend i have come to the conclusion that the standard of club football in tyrone as dropped.  Although it may be competitive and quite a number of teams have a realistic change of winning from the start, i do think skill levels have went down.  The reasoning for this has to be put surely to blame on defensive systems that teams put in place where stopping the other team from playing is nearly is as important as scoring yourself. Just my opinion.

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: The Golden Years on September 26, 2016, 11:50:23 AM
After watching the two semi finals over the weekend i have come to the conclusion that the standard of club football in tyrone as dropped.  Although it may be competitive and quite a number of teams have a realistic change of winning from the start, i do think skill levels have went down.  The reasoning for this has to be put surely to blame on defensive systems that teams put in place where stopping the other team from playing is nearly is as important as scoring yourself. Just my opinion.

Aye but entertainment has been deadly.

blackball

Agree with this 100%

The Trap

I didn't think there was much entertainment yesterday in Edendork...........in Omagh on Friday night there was a lot of stuff going on but it wasn't entertaining in a football sense!!!!!!

The Trap

Here are how many club players are affected by the draw yesterday:
- Rock and Tattyreagh junior county final is now a warm up game in Dungannon
- Pomeroy and Derrylaughan would have made plans/work sorted etc for this weekend but now have to change
- All other Intermediate teams thought they were having a league game next week but now they prob wont and don't know when their next game is.
- All senior clubs thought they were having a game this week, now they aren't and wont have one next week either
- Reserve football....ah reserve football, these pour souls have trained all year and not had their championship day yet

I feel this is all payback for the decision of the clubs to over-rule the county board at the start of the year on the early round of the championship.

Man Marker

Quote from: The Trap on September 26, 2016, 12:42:57 PM
- Pomeroy and Derrylaughan would have made plans/work sorted etc for this weekend but now have to change
- All other Intermediate teams thought they were having a league game next week but now they prob wont and don't know when their next game is.
- All senior clubs thought they were having a game this week, now they aren't and wont have one next week either
- Reserve football....ah reserve football, these pour souls have trained all year and not had their championship day yet

I feel this is all payback for the decision of the clubs to over-rule the county board at the start of the year on the early round of the championship.

If that's the case that would just about sum up the CB's attitude to club football.

CC

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on September 26, 2016, 12:13:20 PM

Aye but entertainment has been deadly.

The standard of refereeing this year has been a joke! ...no more free flowing, hard hitting fair football.

Its now stop/start slow tempo football due to whistle happy refs which takes away from the entertainment but that's just the way the game is going (Tyrone football isn't lacking in skill). It's no coincidence the number of points from free's in yesterday's semi which was fairly well disciplined for a local derby.

Fianna red and clonoe black both very harsh IMO.

Ref's don't have an easy job but in what case does common sense prevail in officiating a game nowadays??

Let the lads play!!  ::)

The Sweeper.com

Quote from: The Trap on September 26, 2016, 12:42:57 PM

I think the Trap has hit the nail on the head here.

Make a mess of fixtures this year and then hope Clubs will revert back to an earlier Championship next year!!!

The Trap

How come junior and intermediate teams HAD to play replays midweek and senior teams don't?

GaelTheGael

Quote from: longballin on September 25, 2016, 07:21:13 PM
Rambo will be very popular with the hierarchy... 4 minutes called for injury time and blows after 2. A total joke...
Heard that Rambo called for 3 minutes of Injury time (and apparently played the 3) but McConnell came and over ruled the sideline official and made him put up 4 minutes. Rambo then played the three minutes he had called for but left himself open to criticism for blowing early through no fault of his own but through the fault of McConnell.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: The Trap on September 26, 2016, 12:58:58 PM
How come junior and intermediate teams HAD to play replays midweek and senior teams don't?

££££££
Living the dream!!!

Helpline

Seen both semi-finals and have no doubt that the stronger side of the draw was held in Omagh. Killyclogher are now nailed on for the trophy and rightly so.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse