Gaels amalgamations

Started by The Monument Road, December 02, 2016, 01:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Mountmellick and Ballyfin again. I'm not even going to bother because I have posted in detail my opposition to this particular arrangement in the past.
And there is no point in lauding Ballyfin for being a dual club at Senior level. Ballyfin GAELS comprises a massive area with a significant population in both codes. They will eventually reap what they are currently sowing- both clubs.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Laoiseabu

Again these are just rumours so don't get carried away Barrowhouse and Killeen is most likely and would make most sense due to numbers etc

Laoiseabu

One thing for sure in the near future something will need to be done with the structure of Laois club football

SCFC

Barrowhouse would be mental to hook up with Killeen after the way Killeen poached the 2 Kingstons.

Laoiseabu

Well Joseph's poached Daly so they are cornered from all angles now 😂

SCFC

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 21, 2017, 07:42:22 PM
Well Joseph's poached Daly so they are cornered from all angles now 😂
No they're not.
Number one, they could forget the idea of propping up another senior club.
Number two, if they are very set on the idea, there's Arles Kilruise who they already play with at underage.

High Fielder

With an amalgamation in place at underage, it would be too divisive to bypass Killeen SCFC, and besides, maybe the time has come to bury the hatchet. The most logical solution, surely, would be just to form Na Fianna at senior too.

redsetanta

Kilcruise won't be amalgamating with anyone for the time being. Although they're an aging team they are still committed to their club and I can't see them even considering it while they are still playing senior.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

High Fielder

And that's a pity. It's possible to be committed and amalgamate. Surely they can see the path they are heading. It will be done in years to come out of necessity.

I don't really understand this attitude of allowing your kids and other members' kids to be part of an amalgamation but balking at the prospect at Senior level. For different reasons, but mostly numerically in Killeen and Kilcruise, it makes sense to bite the bullet and get on with it.

Laoiseabu

The Killeen Kilcruise situation really makes me sick to be honest. If they were together over the past 10 years how many championships would of been won?

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 22, 2017, 11:40:12 AM
The Killeen Kilcruise situation really makes me sick to be honest. If they were together over the past 10 years how many championships would of been won?
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

clonadmad

With the potential for a leinster or 2 and possibly a club all ireland thrown in,as well

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on November 22, 2017, 12:32:05 PM

With the potential for a leinster or 2 and possibly a club all ireland thrown in,as well
The clubs were Junior A (or was it B) and Junior C when they split. Some would suggest the reason they went to where they did was out of pure spite. They operated for decades with little or no success as a whole. The split, while insane from the outside, is just that, viewed from the outside. Perhaps they should have gone back in together, but burned bridges are hard to rebuild.

High Fielder

Agree with all that but it now seems as if it's an issue internally. And in fairness, why wouldn't it be? Lads have come in who were not part of the initial dispute but are expected to carry the burden of a team in decline. Small mindedness and deliberation will put them back to where they came from. The opportunity is there to create something positive

portlaoisekid

We will never know what Arles could have achieved because they blew their chance to achieve their potential. Nobody to blame but themselves .

Only in Laois would this situation arise, this situation is a microcosm of Laois football as a whole. Shooting ourselves in the foot and then living the rest of lives saying oh what might have been if things had of been handled correctly. We are all guilty of it at times, albeit some more than others.  Typical Laois.