Android Phone

Started by tbrick18, September 12, 2011, 09:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

pullhard

J OGorman

Quote from: armaghniac on September 26, 2014, 12:05:17 PM
I've had a Moto G and while on holiday earlier in the summer I was happy with the battery life which with a bit of care was lasting all day while checking maps, gaaboard etc. My perception is that the battery life is now declining a tad after 8 months. Not sure about the new version which has bigger screen which presumably uses more juice.

They also have a dual sim version, which could be very handy, e.g. get a northern and southern sim or have one for data and one for calls, or one for calls to the wife and one for the girlfriend.

which network are you on? 3 is cross border ie, i could sit in Cork and still work away on data at no extra cost to what I pay in the black north

armaghniac

Quotewhich network are you on? 3 is cross border ie, i could sit in Cork and still work away on data at no extra cost to what I pay in the black north

I'm aware of that. Although improving, 3 have shíte coverage in many parts of the black North.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J OGorman

Quote from: armaghniac on September 26, 2014, 04:00:23 PM
Quotewhich network are you on? 3 is cross border ie, i could sit in Cork and still work away on data at no extra cost to what I pay in the black north

I'm aware of that. Although improving, 3 have shíte coverage in many parts of the black North.

was only trying to help

armaghniac

Quote from: J OGorman on September 26, 2014, 04:33:11 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 26, 2014, 04:00:23 PM

was only trying to help

Three has a lot to offer. The 2 SIM phone thing in border areas might be as much about increasing your chance of getting a signal as anything else.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JohnDenver

Quote from: gallsman on September 26, 2014, 01:08:19 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 26, 2014, 12:29:22 PM
Anyone ever buy one of those Chinese Android phones?
There's a thread on boards.ie and a lot say some of them are great phones.

The OnePlus One is pretty much the best Android phone you can('t) get your hands on at the minute and the value is unreal.

As for the other Chinese phones, a guy in work paid less than €110 for a Galaxy S4 imitation and it worked perfectly for him for about 18 months until he bought a Moto G. I imagine some of them are hits and some are misses.

For anybody interested in the OnePlus One phone, they seem to have an offer on now that doesn't need the invite scheme

https://oneplus.net/uk

deiseach

TheOnePlus One looks absolutely ace. Well worth €289, give or take.

Family guy

Does anyone know if you can claim the vat back on a phone?i was looking at an iPhone 6 on the apple store site and I see there is 89 pound of vat on the one I clicked on,is there a way of claiming that back before I buy it?can get it for 70 quid cheaper on ebay but if I could get the vat back I would go that way as I don't trust buying of ebay

gallsman

I've had the oneplus one a couple of months now. It is exceptional. Needs a case though.

BenDover

Upgraded to the Sony Z3 Compact last week. Excellent handset by far the best I've used.

gallsman

Quote from: BenDover on December 10, 2014, 09:49:21 PM
Upgraded to the Sony Z3 Compact last week. Excellent handset by far the best I've used.

There's a tech reviewer I follow closely on YouTube who gave it an absolutely brilliant review.

BenDover

I've been really impressed didn't want a big 5+ inch screen fone so it was either this or a S5 mini glad I chose this. Did do a fair bit of research on it so would recommend it to anyone on the look out for a new handset

Croí na hÉireann

Invite for a OnePlus One if anyone wants one? You can get it shipped directed to Ireland now as well.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: BenDover on December 10, 2014, 10:12:24 PM
I've been really impressed didn't want a big 5+ inch screen fone so it was either this or a S5 mini glad I chose this. Did do a fair bit of research on it so would recommend it to anyone on the look out for a new handset
I was exactly the same, didnt want one of the big phone/tablet things that the top of the line phones have all morphed into now, so went with the Z3 compact and think it is fantastic little phone.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either