Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rudi on October 19, 2022, 10:11:08 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 19, 2022, 09:22:39 AM
Quote from: Rudi on October 19, 2022, 09:01:14 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 18, 2022, 05:49:20 PM
Not really sure what thread to put this one in, suppose this as good as any. See a total ban on evictions from November to March. Obviously has it's benefits, but what is a landlord to do with a nightmare tenant that won't pay ?

Proof that the Irish republic is going down a far- left abyss. A great day for scum bags, Paul Murphy & people before people must be proud. Wait until the drug Fentanyl reaches Ireland - God love us all. This is why Italy, Sweden, UK are turning to the hard right. Don't get me wrong they're not much better, however history has shown, in times of crisis people turn to populists.

Have you seen the shit going on with landlords and rent hikes? Then your take on it is a great day for scumbags??

It must be the fault of the
Quotetofu-eating wokerati
:o

We live in a capitalist western society, unfortunately landlords can charge what the market is willing to pay. If I'm a landlord & I'm dependent on the rent to pay my mortgage, I will likely default through no fault of my own. What if I want to sell the property or the renter is trashing the property.  The Irish republic is not a subsidized state, no magic money tree here. Your last comment/ quote is un-called for in this context.

So should a tenant have no rights? Should landlords be able to exponentially increase rent?

Rudi

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 19, 2022, 10:17:11 AM
Not really sure what thread to put this one in, suppose this as good as any. See a total ban on evictions from November to March. Obviously has it's benefits, but what is a landlord to do with a nightmare tenant that won't pay ?

Proof that the Irish republic is going down a far- left abyss. A great day for scum bags, Paul Murphy & people before people must be proud. Wait until the drug Fentanyl reaches Ireland - God love us all. This is why Italy, Sweden, UK are turning to the hard right. Don't get me wrong they're not much better, however history has shown, in times of crisis people turn to populists.

Have you seen the shit going on with landlords and rent hikes? Then your take on it is a great day for scumbags??

We live in a capitalist western society, unfortunately landlords can charge what the market is willing to pay. If I'm a landlord & I'm dependent on the rent to pay my mortgage, I will likely default through no fault of my own. What if I want to sell the property or the renter is trashing the property.  The Irish republic is not a subsidized state, no magic money tree here. Your last comment/ quote is un-called for in this context.

So should a tenant have no rights? Should landlords be able to exponentially increase rent?

Right back at you, should a landlord have no rights? A landlord can exponentially increase rent, that how western society works. Rent caps have been brought in, in other countries, not sure they work so well.

Armagh18

Yes a tenant should have rights. No a landlord should not be able to exponentially increase rent, as we are seeing especially in Dublin. Equally a landlord should have the right to throw a tenant out if they aren't paying rent.

JoG2

Quote from: clarshack on October 19, 2022, 10:04:18 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 19, 2022, 08:48:33 AM
https://www.derrynow.com/news/derry-news/941241/rowdy-scenes-at-derry-magistrate-s-court-as-anti-lock-down-protesters-disrupted-proceedings.html

Same guff the right wing were at a while back down south with the guards.

"Judge McElholm said he could believe whatever he liked from the Internet but he had to make his case on November 15."

why were they staging an anti lockdown protest at a school in September 2020? as schools were back open then. It wasn't until January 2021 that they locked down again as I know all about it as my daughter got royally screwed over with the transfer test getting pulled at the last minute.

I wouldn't like to 2nd guess these people

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rudi on October 19, 2022, 10:21:04 AM

Right back at you, should a landlord have no rights? A landlord can exponentially increase rent, that how western society works. Rent caps have been brought in, in other countries, not sure they work so well.

there is a balance and I am aware that I am completely the other side to you.

Why would they not work here or why do they not work?

Eire90

Armagh18

Quote from: Eire90 on October 19, 2022, 03:42:16 PM
Another NI election what is the point
Hopefully the DUP'ers get wiped out..

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 19, 2022, 03:43:14 PM

No chance I'm afraid. I hope some nationalist leaning alliance voters think twice though this time.

Nanderson

The only way DUP won't be in either first or deputy first position is if another unionist party overtakes them and I don't see that happening for a long time yet. Alliance might well become 2nd biggest party but they are still going to be the 3rd largest denomination so it makes no difference where they finish

imtommygunn

Suella Braverman.

Gone. Wonder was it her tofu comments  ;D

Not one ounce of humanity in her.

Armagh18

Quote from: Nanderson on October 19, 2022, 04:21:34 PM
The only way DUP won't be in either first or deputy first position is if another unionist party overtakes them and I don't see that happening for a long time yet. Alliance might well become 2nd biggest party but they are still going to be the 3rd largest denomination so it makes no difference where they finish
Alliance should come out as what they are- unionist. In an ideal world they are in as second largest party snd with 2 reasonable parties in charge the executive may actually be able to function

AustinPowers

seafoid

Quote from: Rudi on October 19, 2022, 10:21:04 AM

Exponential rent increases weren't very popular in Roscommon in the 1880s. A lot of big houses didn't make it.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU