Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

That's the 5 wins you'd expect.

At the end of September you'll have a fair idea if Arsenal have made any meaningful progress this year.

Away v Utd
Away v Zurich
Home v Everton
Home v PSV
Away v Brentford

If they get out of September with 6 or 7 points from those 3 league games you'll be happy. This time they've Europe to be thinking about in between and that's a new thing to balance after a year out of it.

October is a real shitshow of tough games.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrdeeds

Lack of Europe harmed Arsenal last year. Lokonga and Tavares didn't play enough games and were cold when needed.

ONeill

That's a good point although I wouldn't have Tavares anywhere near a top 4 hopeful in the English league.

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on September 02, 2022, 10:00:51 PM
That's a good point although I wouldn't have Tavares anywhere near a top 4 hopeful in the English league.

He's playing unreal in France. Think he more a wing back than full back or left winger.

Turf

Thought Arsenal were far the better in that first half, unlucky to be behind.

Soft enough foul for the goal that was ruled out, was it clear and obvious enough for the Ref to change his decision? I don't think so.

On another note ,Tyler and Neville shouldn't be allowed to commentate on Man United matches, the bias from them toward Man United is diabolical.

Ghost

Quote from: Turf on September 04, 2022, 05:16:04 PM

Soft enough foul for the goal that was ruled out, was it clear and obvious enough for the Ref to change his decision? I don't think so.

On another note ,Tyler and Neville shouldn't be allowed to commentate on Man United matches, the bias from them toward Man United is diabolical.

Was wondering is the clear and obvious still a thing myself. Probably was just about a foul if given in real time but not sure there's enough to be overturning goals.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Turf on September 04, 2022, 05:16:04 PM

What were you watching? the best team in the half are leading. On the disallowed goal most referees would have called a foul straight away than letting play develop.

J70

It was a foul. He came in on Eriksen's blind side and pushed him.

Thought Arsenal looked very good. United looking very solid though.

Turf

What a strange game, Arsenal the better team for the majority of it and they find themselves 3-1 down.
Premier League is wide open this year.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Turf on September 04, 2022, 06:06:52 PM
What a strange game, Arsenal the better team for the majority of it and they find themselves 3-1 down.
Premier League is wide open this year.

No its not
It's wide open from 2nd to 20th
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Mourne Red

Don't get how that's a foul but Ramsdale last week wasn't a foul on him then Maguire does the same thing in the box against Nketiah and no foul?? Pure utter bullshit

mrdeeds

Quote from: Mourne Red on September 04, 2022, 08:24:57 PM
Don't get how that's a foul but Ramsdale last week wasn't a foul on him then Maguire does the same thing in the box against Nketiah and no foul?? Pure utter bullshit

Well the ref and VAR officials are from Manchester. Disappointing result but happy with the performance.

ONeill

First slight test of the year (there'll be harder grounds to go to) and a fail. Utd were happy to let Utd have the ball for a lot of this game, knowing they had Arsenal tied up defensively.

I'm not sure if Arsenal have progressed at all and fear that Jesus and Zinchenko will be sucked into the mediocrity. 6 points required from Everton and Brentford before the end of the month. If any progress has been made, that will happen. Last year, a defeat often meant a poor run of form.

Gabriel kills me. For their first goal, he lunged in again and fouled the Utd man although the advantage was played. He's a red card waiting to happen all day. Saka scoring will hopefully relax him and Martinelli is in mostly good form. For those big games, Partey is needed or Elneny at a push.

nrico2006

Has Partey been cleared or is he still under investigation?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

trailer

Reality check for Arsenal and their army of deluded fans. Utd very comfortable and reality it could have been 5 or 6-1