Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Results out at 9.30am tomorrow morning for statistics including:

- Country of birth
- National identity
- Passports held
- Current religion
- Religion/religion of upbringing
- Language skills (including knowledge of Irish & Ulster-Scots)

Any predictions?

weareros

Take a stab at a few

Current religion

45% Catholics (51% upbringing)
44% Protestant (48% upbringing)
11% Other

National Identity

35% British only
35% Irish Only
20% Northern Irish only

Passports

800,000 Ireland
750,000 UK

Milltown Row2

Quote from: weareros on September 21, 2022, 10:34:39 PM
Take a stab at a few

Current religion

11% Other

National Identity

35% British only
35% Irish Only
20% Northern Irish only

Passports

800,000 Ireland
750,000 UK

Was there a part that had joint passports?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 21, 2022, 10:45:19 PM
Quote from: weareros on September 21, 2022, 10:34:39 PM
Take a stab at a few

Current religion

11% Other

National Identity

35% British only
35% Irish Only
20% Northern Irish only

Passports

800,000 Ireland
750,000 UK

Was there a part that had joint passports?

There are people who had British passports that decided to take out an Irish one to avoid queues in Spain, go on Eramus etc.

These results will create a bit of heat and light tomorrow, but are not really news to anyone who keeps in touch with things. However, there are going to be people who do not pay much attention who will notice this, including those in the 26 counties and Britain. I think it will be create a sense that NI is not going to last, even if you do not think that now is the time to close it down. For it to last then unionism has to keep the interest of people who are not from an Orange or Protestant background, there is little evidence of unionist parties being good at this or even wanting to do this. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Statistics can be used to prove anything.

In fact stats are a bit like beer - the cause....  and cure.... of all life's problems.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Quote from: Orior on September 21, 2022, 10:59:08 PM

Only to people who don't understand them. Those of us who went to the Abbey had an excellent mathematical education.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on September 22, 2022, 12:53:50 AM
Quote from: Orior on September 21, 2022, 10:59:08 PM

Only to people who don't understand them. Those of us who went to the Abbey had an excellent mathematical education.

You could argue that the Catholic population has risen while I argue that Catholics population growth is slowing down. Both are right but two different messages.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

snoopdog

How many catholics want to remain in the union. See themselves as northern Irish.

JPGJOHNNYG

Religion doesn't indicate voting intention but I see the bullshit has started already. Over on slugger, Mick seems to be have have had a brain fart (again). He has a whole article which basically tells us all that most of the others or none are actually Protestant. This is horse shit because as we know religion isn't the headline figure but community background. So even if you are atheist agnostic etc etc if your parents or grandparents were Catholic/ Protestant then you tick the appropriate box. The none and others are mainly children of mixed marriages or immigrants.

imtommygunn

Yeah it has went from there will always be a majority of protestants to religion doesn't matter for voting intentions when there isn't a majority protestant any more.

quit yo jibbajabba

Someone let me know if i can stop breeding. The child benefits great but theyre gettin a bugger to feed

johnnycool

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 22, 2022, 08:07:49 AM
Someone let me know if i can stop breeding. The child benefits great but theyre gettin a bugger to feed

minimum taig family size is 4, so unless you're doubling the birthrate you need to keep going.

Rossfan

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2022, 08:04:03 AM
Yeah it has went from there will always be a majority of protestants to religion doesn't matter for voting intentions when there isn't a majority protestant any more.
Has GONE
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rossfan on September 22, 2022, 08:37:36 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2022, 08:04:03 AM
Has GONE
;D