Started by trailer, September 09, 2022, 09:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be watching the Coronation of King Charles III

Yes
No
Who is King Charles?
What about Diana the People's Princess?

imtommygunn

Sure there isn't a speaker of the Northern Ireland assembly? Tbh this shouldn't be allowed then you'd see how quick the dup would nominate a speaker.

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 10, 2022, 07:39:47 PM
Sure there isn't a speaker of the Northern Ireland assembly? Tbh this shouldn't be allowed then you'd see how quick the dup would nominate a speaker.

I disagree, SF are playing a blinder. Let the DUP and Unionists have their days of mourning. The moral high ground is were this battle will be won.

And you all know my views on SF!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: trailer on September 10, 2022, 08:04:47 PM

I disagree, SF are playing a blinder. Let the DUP and Unionists have their days of mourning. The moral high ground is were this battle will be won.

I agree. You know full well the next fortnight's going to be full of all manner of pomp and ceremony and hand-wringing. You're not going to stop it, there's no point in giving out about it. It'll all be back to business as usual soon enough, so let them tear away.

We used to have orange parades past our house all the time, and our approach was to just shut the curtains and never let on we saw them. It was all over in a minute or two and nobody passed any remarks. The protestant neighbours stood out and watched it, the fenians all stayed indoors and carried on washing the dishes, making a sandwich, or whatever it was we were doing at the time. Don't give them the satisfaction of any negative reaction.

RedHand88

There was an internal email sent round warning them to behave themselves.

snoopdog

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 10, 2022, 11:59:30 PM

I agree. You know full well the next fortnight's going to be full of all manner of pomp and ceremony and hand-wringing. You're not going to stop it, there's no point in giving out about it. It'll all be back to business as usual soon enough, so let them tear away.

We used to have orange parades past our house all the time, and our approach was to just shut the curtains and never let on we saw them. It was all over in a minute or two and nobody passed any remarks. The protestant neighbours stood out and watched it, the fenians all stayed indoors and carried on washing the dishes, making a sandwich, or whatever it was we were doing at the time. Don't give them the satisfaction of any negative reaction.
Fully agree. Thr whole Bonfire thing every year would soon go away. If they were ignored for a few years  the bonfires would dramatically reduce in size and probably numbers.

seafoid

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/king-charles-visit-to-northern-ireland-everything-you-need-to-know-ahead-of-monarchs-arrival-41979965.html
"Before the service, the King will meet leaders from all the major faiths in Northern Ireland."

Presumably this includes Armagh fans who believe that Armagh deserve at least 3 all Stars.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on September 11, 2022, 01:56:47 PM
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/king-charles-visit-to-northern-ireland-everything-you-need-to-know-ahead-of-monarchs-arrival-41979965.html
"Before the service, the King will meet leaders from all the major faiths in Northern Ireland."

Presumably this includes Armagh fans who believe that Armagh deserve at least 3 all Stars.
2 will do :)

theskull1

NEWS FLASH
Prince Andrew to care for Queen's beloved corgis

Thanks BBC  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mrdeeds

Quote from: theskull1 on September 11, 2022, 10:04:51 PM
NEWS FLASH

Makes sense. Has grooming experience.

RedHand88

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 11, 2022, 11:00:55 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 11, 2022, 10:04:51 PM
NEWS FLASH

Makes sense. Has grooming experience.

Congratulations, you win the Internet today.