Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be watching the Coronation of King Charles III

Yes
No
Who is King Charles?
What about Diana the People's Princess?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: GJL on May 04, 2023, 02:00:46 PM
RTE showing it live!  Maybe I should post this in the WTF section?

Why though?  It's a moment in history that will have many people on this island glued,  the same as the Queens funeral. Whether we like it or not a large portion of people in Ireland are heavily influenced by and interested in what happens across the water. You don't have to agree with it not to be interested in it.

AustinPowers

Well there's  a shock!  ::)

armaghniac

They also showed the US Presidential inauguration, did they not?
These kind of events are cheap TV, I recall Andropov's funeral being on years ago.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 04, 2023, 02:18:31 PM

Why isn't it on GAAGO?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on May 04, 2023, 05:07:58 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on May 04, 2023, 02:18:31 PM

Why isn't it on GAAGO?

Because it isn't football or hurling?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

LC

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2023/05/03/news/dup_councillor_demands_primark_stock_coronation_items_vital_for_celebration-3253523/

Who cares about cost of living, budget cuts, state of the health service etc...................you can always rely on these clowns to show what their real priorities are.

Apparently John Hume said years ago ' you cant eat a flag' he was not far wrong.

Armamike

Quote from: LC on May 04, 2023, 06:29:01 PM
https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2023/05/03/news/dup_councillor_demands_primark_stock_coronation_items_vital_for_celebration-3253523/

Who cares about cost of living, budget cuts, state of the health service etc...................you can always rely on these clowns to show what their real priorities are.

Apparently John Hume said years ago ' you cant eat a flag' he was not far wrong.

Somebody with too much time on his hands.
That's just, like your opinion man.

marty34

I presume that's that lad's living room in the photo. Crazy stuff.

J70

I'm sure they can get their tacky shirts and hats from other shops. I'd imagine street vendors will be doing a roaring trade. You should see the range of stuff they pull out of the woodwork to sell on NYC streets on Paddy's Day.

Anything to play the victim.

Armagh18

What sort of small minded mentality must they have to worship billionaires who look down on them from priceless golden thrones while people are starving on the streets? I'll honestly never get it.

pbat

Heard a clip on BBC news last night the correspondent reckoned George will never make king. Surprised to hear that, very surprised to hear it on the BBC. Tide must be changing on the main land.

clarshack

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 04, 2023, 08:17:09 PM
What sort of small minded mentality must they have to worship billionaires who look down on them from priceless golden thrones while people are starving on the streets? I'll honestly never get it.

+1

johnnycool

Born to rule over them....

The class system depends on Royalty to head it.
It's the poor buggers who can hardly feed themselves but take some sort of joy out of watching royal weddings, funerals, coronations with a sense of pride that takes me to the cleaners

ONeill

Good to see more people not buying into the 'glued in' nature of this event.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

general_lee

I understand it in a local context in that bootlicking the royals is part of their cultural identity and they're that insecure and stupid when it comes to identity that they don't even question it - what could be more British than loving the royal family? Never mind having a pot to piss in or not. It is still  warped and i find it genuinely sad how many people from working class backgrounds succumb to this shit.