Cost Of Living

Started by Olly, July 03, 2022, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

I was in  Spain near salou in June and fuel was around the 2.10 2.15 Mark

armaghniac

Quote from: Itchy on July 13, 2022, 08:57:41 AM
I'm away on the hols in Spain, 154c a litre here which is significantly cheaper than Ireland. So it's not all inflation, its taxation too.

That seems cheap. Are you driving on the red as usual?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

Yeah, would absolute love to know who's doing it for 1.54

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: armaghniac on July 13, 2022, 11:15:35 AM
I'm away on the hols in Spain, 154c a litre here which is significantly cheaper than Ireland. So it's not all inflation, its taxation too.

That seems cheap. Are you driving on the red as usual?

Gasoline Roja!

onefineday

Quote from: CiKe on July 13, 2022, 09:45:01 AM
Quote from: onefineday on July 13, 2022, 09:05:48 AM
There's a temporary govt rebate scheme of 20c per litre in place on fuel prices in Spain. The seller gets it directly, it runs from April to September.

Where in Spain? Been paying between 2,06 and 2,14 for last month for diesel. Not seen below i'd say 1,85 in about three months or so. All these numbers before the 20cent rebate
The subsidy is before you see the price afaik, so add 20c to get the actual price.
They've usually been higher priced than Ireland so was a bit surprised by that price. Rioja it is!

toby47

Didn't they do away with being able to buy red diesel there a few months ago?

Anyone still able to source some, what price is it at the minute?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: toby47 on July 13, 2022, 02:26:54 PM

Asking for a friend? who is a farmer?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

toby47

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 13, 2022, 02:28:56 PM

Lol.

Nah just wondering what the price is now that diesel is near £2 a litre.

delgany

Quote from: toby47 on July 13, 2022, 02:32:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 13, 2022, 02:28:56 PM

Lol.

Nah just wondering what the price is now that diesel is near £2 a litre.

Its around £1

Tony Baloney

Saw a fella in a Passat parked tight against the red pump at the local shop the other day. There seemed to be plenty of space to park elsewhere if just calling in for the paper  ;)

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 13, 2022, 03:38:24 PM
Saw a fella in a Passat parked tight against the red pump at the local shop the other day. There seemed to be plenty of space to park elsewhere if just calling in for the paper  ;)

He just wanted to ensure that others wouldn't be tempted to use that pump.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

CiKe

Quote from: onefineday on July 13, 2022, 12:49:08 PM
Quote from: CiKe on July 13, 2022, 09:45:01 AM
Quote from: onefineday on July 13, 2022, 09:05:48 AM
There's a temporary govt rebate scheme of 20c per litre in place on fuel prices in Spain. The seller gets it directly, it runs from April to September.

Where in Spain? Been paying between 2,06 and 2,14 for last month for diesel. Not seen below i'd say 1,85 in about three months or so. All these numbers before the 20cent rebate
The subsidy is before you see the price afaik, so add 20c to get the actual price.
They've usually been higher priced than Ireland so was a bit surprised by that price. Rioja it is!

No, if price displayed is €2.10 you end up paying €1.90 after benefitting from the subsidy. Receipt will say X litres @ 2.10 and then have subsidy line which is discounted.

In any case, despite their protestations I'm pretty sure the majority of the subsidy is just going into the petrol station operator's pockets. I'd say they will have a very good year....although I think initially at least they were basically being asked to give the subsidy at point-of-sale and then reclaim (which is one of the reasons I think most of it is going to them anyway because if they were to finance €0.2 a litre for real, I'd imagine they'd have some serious cash flow issues, so instead they just jack up the price)

Itchy

Quote from: gallsman on July 13, 2022, 11:41:43 AM
Yeah, would absolute love to know who's doing it for 1.54

Canary Islands.

STREET FIGHTER

Might be a mixture of price increase plus the summer holidays with the kids off but the electric has jumped up approx 40% per week!

Gmac

Dinner in Irvinestown last night 8 adults 6 kids most having 3 course meals the total bill without drinks 275 pounds