Russia invades Ukraine Feb 2022

Started by Main Street, February 12, 2022, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: sid waddell on February 19, 2022, 10:40:57 AM
Quote from: trileacman on February 19, 2022, 02:02:49 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 19, 2022, 12:31:48 AM
Quote from: trileacman on February 18, 2022, 11:53:48 PM
Jesus the "war is nigh" predictions are getting tiresome at this stage are they not?
I presume you were saying that during the winter of 2002/03 as well.

Funny, as in not funny, how many self proclaimed "anti-war" people of that era are now full blown Russian apologists.

I guess they weren't anti-war at all.

So you agree with Biden and think a Russian invasion is imminent?
You tell me what it looks like.

Russia has 190 troops mounted on Ukraine's border.

Putin is talking nuclear war.

The DNR/LNR puppet leaders are saying they are at war.

Russian state media has fabricated a so called "genocide" against ethnic Russians. This is a Goebbels like lie.

Russia is staging false flag explosions in the DNR/LNR.

The DNR/LNR puppets are calling for civilians to leave. These statements were recorded not yesterday as they claimed, but on Wednesday.

What does all this look like to you?

Why the fook won't the criminal mafia regime of Russia just leave Ukraine alone?

What hobbies do you have away from this board?

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 19, 2022, 12:09:51 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 19, 2022, 10:40:57 AM
Quote from: trileacman on February 19, 2022, 02:02:49 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 19, 2022, 12:31:48 AM
Quote from: trileacman on February 18, 2022, 11:53:48 PM
Jesus the "war is nigh" predictions are getting tiresome at this stage are they not?
I presume you were saying that during the winter of 2002/03 as well.

Funny, as in not funny, how many self proclaimed "anti-war" people of that era are now full blown Russian apologists.

I guess they weren't anti-war at all.

So you agree with Biden and think a Russian invasion is imminent?
You tell me what it looks like.

Russia has 190 troops mounted on Ukraine's border.

Putin is talking nuclear war.

The DNR/LNR puppet leaders are saying they are at war.

Russian state media has fabricated a so called "genocide" against ethnic Russians. This is a Goebbels like lie.

Russia is staging false flag explosions in the DNR/LNR.

The DNR/LNR puppets are calling for civilians to leave. These statements were recorded not yesterday as they claimed, but on Wednesday.

What does all this look like to you?

Why the fook won't the criminal mafia regime of Russia just leave Ukraine alone?

What hobbies do you have away from this board?
You should take up posting here as a hobby. It might save you from spending all your time trolling here.

dec

Putin recognizes the independence of Donetsk and Luhansk. That should heat things up a bit.

JPGJOHNNYG

China should take the opportunity to just take over the eastern half of Russia. All the Russian army thousands of miles away at Ukraine border. China could do with the space and not many Russians there to defend it. see how putin would like that lol

armaghniac

It might be a good time for the Japanese to move some kit up towards the Kurile islands.
Or perhaps Georgia could reincorporate Abkhazia and South Ossetia while the Bear is shitting elsewhere.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Hard to know if Putin is a lunatic or genius when it comes to ambiguous speeches like this.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on February 21, 2022, 08:35:58 PM
China should take the opportunity to just take over the eastern half of Russia. All the Russian army thousands of miles away at Ukraine border. China could do with the space and not many Russians there to defend it. see how putin would like that lol
https://www.ft.com/content/38984025-9f1b-492f-933d-57da44fcc160

the growing threat of war over Ukraine is accelerating a major realignment in geopolitics, pushing Moscow and Beijing into a closer embrace.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

LeoMc

Would Putin be satisfied with the 2 Separatist regions? They make up 4% of the land area and 10% of the population.
By recognising them as autonomous Countries he gives himself the pretext of being able to move troops in but he then loses the leverage he had been hoping from the earlier agreements as he no longer has a pro-Russian element within the Ukraine borders.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: seafoid on February 21, 2022, 09:17:17 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on February 21, 2022, 08:35:58 PM
https://www.ft.com/content/38984025-9f1b-492f-933d-57da44fcc160

the growing threat of war over Ukraine is accelerating a major realignment in geopolitics, pushing Moscow and Beijing into a closer embrace.

Still think China would go for it if the sniffed a Russian weakness

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: LeoMc on February 21, 2022, 09:31:24 PM
Would Putin be satisfied with the 2 Separatist regions? They make up 4% of the land area and 10% of the population.
By recognising them as autonomous Countries he gives himself the pretext of being able to move troops in but he then loses the leverage he had been hoping from the earlier agreements as he no longer has a pro-Russian element within the Ukraine borders.

Essentially makes what's left of Ukraine even more Ukrainian. Probably about as short sighted as Larne and Ballymena declaring independence

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: general_lee on January 26, 2022, 05:51:23 PM
So what's your thoughts on the Minsk Agreement? For or against?
So, tell us all about your precious "Minsk Agreement".

Then tell me about Putin channelling Hitler.

Gmac

Don't worry Kamala is on the case.

LeoMc

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on February 21, 2022, 09:54:21 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on February 21, 2022, 09:31:24 PM

Essentially makes what's left of Ukraine even more Ukrainian. Probably about as short sighted as Larne and Ballymena declaring independence
That is my simplistic view on it as well. As per the above comparison I would tend to let them have Larne and Ballymena. Just don't let them take the Glens along with them.

trileacman

Quote from: ONeill on February 21, 2022, 08:53:36 PM
Hard to know if Putin is a lunatic or genius when it comes to ambiguous speeches like this.

I didn't find it ambiguous at all. Perhaps strange how he paints Europe in a very unthreatening light and lays pretty much all the blame at the USA door. It's telling he either truly perceives the US as the puppetmaster behind NATO or is deliberately using them to rile nationalist sentiment in Russia to the "old enemy". Repeatedly attacked the the US as oath breakers and references their capability to wipe out the Russian ballistic arsenal.

Really telling for me is the way he talked about Macron, viewing France as the middle guy between Russia and the US, part messenger boy/part peacemaker. I think he does truly believe Macron to be the only European leader with the political capital to talk to him. There's an obvious indifference to German diplomacy and open distain for the Brits. They truly only seem to entertain British representatives for the fun of embarrassing them.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014