Mickey Moran steps down on health grounds

Started by commonman, November 26, 2011, 09:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

commonman

QuoteThe Leitrim County Board have announced that due to health reasons senior football manager Mickey Moran has had to stand down from his position.

Best wishes to Mickey

sammymaguire

A great GAA man, hopefully all is not too bad
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ross4life

A few months ago the Leitrim County Board gave him another year in the job so it doesn't sound good that he had to quit on health issues hopefully nothing serious.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hardy

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ross4life on November 26, 2011, 09:37:00 PM
A few months ago the Leitrim County Board gave him another year in the job so it doesn't sound good that he had to quit on health issues hopefully nothing serious.

Sorry to hear the news. Hopefully, things are not as serious as his decision to quit so soon after his contract was renewed would suggest.
Rath Dé air.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

SLIGONIAN

Only seen this now, best wishes to Mickey, i met him a few times when he was in charge of Sligo and hes a really nice man, really hope its not too serious, a great GAA man for sure, get well soon.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

boojangles

Best wishes to Mickey. Always seemed like a gentleman and a great GAA man.
I remember him coming down to take Mullahoran for a few sessions back in the early nineties. The first night, bar 1 or 2 Cavan players he did not know any of the players from Adam. He came back a week later for a second training, that night he knew all players by their first names.
Some managers these days could go a full year and not know all their panel.

ck

Really sorry to hear that about Mickey. Has been great for Leitrim football. He came in to talk to our club seniors before a Sligo c/ship game about 6 months ago and he was a true gent in every way. A real honest GAA man! Good luck to him and hope it's not serious.

Fear ón Srath Bán

The salt of the GAA Earth, best wishes to him.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

OverThePostsAWide

You would normally only see these sort of accolades when a man passes away, but it is a testament to the contribution and impact that Mickey has made. A real gentleman and a dedicated GAA man. Good luck to Mickey and I hope it's not too serious and he has a speedy recovery.

lynchbhoy

Whatever illness Mickey has, I hope he recovers from it and soon.
Best wishes and speedy recovery.
A gent and a fantastic GAA coach/traner - one of the very best in the business.

BennyCake

A legend in the game. We need more Mickey Moran's in the GAA.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

trileacman

A true gent. My endearing memory of him was a post-match interview when he was Derry manager. After a defeat to Donegal  he made a concentrated effort at the end of the interview to thank the referee and congratulate him on a good preformance.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014