?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Best ignore the big fella,
yet another wee brain with a craving attention disorder.

saffron sam2

Whilst it is clear that TBOTOB has nothing to do with the Provisional IRA (unless you add the words "Provisional wing" in after the bit about joining the IRA), can anyone tell me why some think it is appropriate for Celtic fans to sing this song?

Personally, I can't think of any reason.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Muzz

Saffron I dont think that many people would say its okay to sing the song.  As was stated in the original post it is one section of the crowd that is singing these songs.  The Green Brigade are the ones starting this.

Whilst the song may seem okay to sing becasue it is not about the IRA if it is getting Celtic a bad name the supporters should let it rest.  Plenty of other songs to sing.

Its sad to get labelled the same as Rangers after everything they have got up to.  About time the GB got a life and stop their political agenda (not just here but in Scotland)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Is it the same policeman who has reported us for the Hibs match as well?

Eddie Smith ex referee
Tbc....

Main Street

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 16, 2011, 08:43:53 AM
Whilst it is clear that TBOTOB has nothing to do with the Provisional IRA (unless you add the words "Provisional wing" in after the bit about joining the IRA), can anyone tell me why some think it is appropriate for Celtic fans to sing this song?

Why some think it is appropriate for Celtic fans to sing this song?

I'd presume there are some  who think that the song is part of an ethnic Irish cultural identity and that identity is strong part of the Celtic FC.
It's a grand song, as songs go about olden rebel days.

I don't think it's appropriate and under UEFA regulations it could fall under the category of political content which is deemed inappropriate.

But to my mind, that's not the bigger issue.
It appears to me (I'm not quite sure) that the law in Scotland is left wide open for the police to interpret and define what constitutes an offense.
And because the police say it is an offense, therefore it is an offense.

If that is the case, then I would find that very disturbing.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Main Street on November 16, 2011, 02:11:40 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 16, 2011, 08:43:53 AM

Why some think it is appropriate for Celtic fans to sing this song?

I'd presume there are some  who think that the song is part of an ethnic Irish cultural identity and that identity is strong part of the Celtic FC.
It's a grand song, as songs go about olden rebel days.

I don't think it's appropriate and under UEFA regulations it could fall under the category of political content which is deemed inappropriate.

But to my mind, that's not the bigger issue.
It appears to me (I'm not quite sure) that the law in Scotland is left wide open for the police to interpret and define what constitutes an offense.
And because the police say it is an offense, therefore it is an offense.

If that is the case, then I would find that very disturbing.

One of the reasons why the Green Brigade are against the new law.
Grant Adams (Rangers under 21 keeper, brother of Charlie Adams) has fallen foul of this law (afaik) already.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Good to see Stokes getting a brace on Saturday and a great result to bring back from the Highlands.
Great to see the Orcs drop 2 points at home, a win against Dunfermline on Wednesday evening will bring the gap back to 7 points with just under two thirds of the season to go.
Tbc....

Muzz

Your right there - great to see.

Back to within 7 points wouldnt seem such an uphill struggle.  Just hope they can get past the Pars.

Interesting performance from the guys on Saturday.  Solid at the back (for a change)  Wanyama is soo cool on the ball that gives me a heart attack when there is about 3 players around him but always seems to do the right thing.  Forrest some nice touchs and runs, Ledley definitely getting to how he is expected to play, Kayal solid, Stokes got the goals and Hooper has such a football brain that he is always a danger.  He may not be scoring the goals but hes creating chances for others through his passing and runs.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

And thankfully the team can only get better, players starting to find their form again and a few close to coming back!
Not sure about this new fella Blackman though, only 21 and has a bit of a journeyman status about him already, hoping someone at Celtic has seen something in him and he's settled down.

See the cream buns are getting taken to court AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tbc....

Applesisapples

Quote from: Muzz on November 22, 2011, 12:08:02 PM
Your right there - great to see.

Back to within 7 points wouldnt seem such an uphill struggle.  Just hope they can get past the Pars.

Interesting performance from the guys on Saturday.  Solid at the back (for a change)  Wanyama is soo cool on the ball that gives me a heart attack when there is about 3 players around him but always seems to do the right thing.  Forrest some nice touchs and runs, Ledley definitely getting to how he is expected to play, Kayal solid, Stokes got the goals and Hooper has such a football brain that he is always a danger.  He may not be scoring the goals but hes creating chances for others through his passing and runs.
But that Egyptian guy is useless.

Forever Green

El Kaddouri is Morrocan. I agree he is an absolute bombscare, cant even control the ball when it comes to him. Utter pish he is. I think Andre Blackman will be a good signing. Was and still is highly rated down in England but coundnt settle down beacuse all the clubs said he had an attitude problem. We are also interested in Mikael Lustig, a very highly rated Swedish defender who is available on a free transfer in January from Rosenberg.

Win tomorrow night, it will be down to seven points. Home to St Mirren on Saturday which should also be a handy win. With the huns away to Kilmanock this weekend, we could be top come the game on the 28th December. Kenny Sheils always puts an attacking team out so it will interesting to see how the huns deal with that especially considering a team like St Johnstone had 58% of the possesion at Ibrox. Kilmarnock will either win by 2 or 3 goals or get humped by 6 or 7 goals. Just one of them teams lol. I still maintain McCoist is not a good manager and will not know how to handle a bad game or two which could derail their whole season

Away to Peterhead in the Scottish Cup. Draw was made today. Celtic for the treble!!!!!  ;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Still in the Europa league as well!
Quads away..  ;)
Tbc....

Forever Green

lol forgot about the Europa League. Easy  ;D

Applesisapples

Apologies to El Khadouri but he defends like an Egyptian :D. If Blackman has an attitude he'll fit in well with Lennon and Stokes! Sign Stephen Ireland and it could be fun.

Forever Green

Nearly 20 mins gone and it is 2-0 for the Bhoys. Hooper and Forrest getting the goals