Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: clarshack on May 28, 2010, 10:34:56 PM
Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on May 28, 2010, 10:23:22 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 28, 2010, 09:58:08 PM
Disappointing for Greencastle, but we threw everything we had at it. Had our chances, so no real big gripes with the results. Congratulations Galbally and good luck in Round 2.

Galbally 1-08 Greencastle 0-10
wasnt the greatest game for a neutral to watch.
Greencastle pushed galbally right to the end. Cahir McCullugh missed great chance to snatch a draw for Greencastle but it wasnt to be.
John McCullugh a real handful for galbally defence all night looks to be makings of right footballer.
Martin Sludden shouldnt be let near another club championship game he was brutal tonight.
difference in the sides was Mickey Murphy scored 1-03 0r 1-04 all from play except one 65"
Conor carson scored 4 or 5 pts for greencastle with john mcullugh chip in with one or two aswell.
Enda Clarke had a massive first half won alot round the middle before galbally come to terms with him.
all in all greencastle had too many men that were carrying injuries into the game but soldiered on, some hobbled off some carried on.however it was a mighty effort and if they keep that sort of commitment up they should retain their senior status.

good luck to them

he made this elite list so he'll be refereeing high profile games for a while:

List of 2010 championship referees:

Football: P Fox (Westmeath), D Fahy (Longford), C Reilly (Meath), D Coldrick (Meath), M Deegan (Laois), S Doyle (Wexford), G O Conamha (Galway), Marty Duffy (Sligo), Michael Duffy (Sligo), A Mangan (Kerry), M Collins (Cork), M Condon (Waterford), J McQuillan (Cavan), P Hughes (Armagh), J White (Donegal), M Higgins (Fermanagh), P McEnaney (Monaghan), M Sludden (Tyrone).

sludden too inconsistant and now i know why that slabber hughes in the tyrone times singled him out for Criticism a few weeks back for his performance in an intercounty game.
Galballys martin brannigan was rightly sent off for his second bookable offence but the amount of frees he gave soft and unjust to both sets of players didnt portray a championship game at all as it wasnt aloud to really get going.
im heaing whispers hes got the clonoe game v coalisland game next weekend dunno how much truth there is in that i hope it isnt true as i was looking forward to it until i heard that.
correction the lad carson that scored 5r6points for greencastle was mark instead of connor.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Gaffer

Sludden has got the Fianna/ Rahilly gig indeed !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

tyroneboi

Quote from: Gaffer on May 29, 2010, 03:04:06 PM

Whats the odds for at least 3 red cards in that game now he has got it?

longrunsthefox

Interesting comment from Liam Donnelly on Q101 this morning giving out the treatment of clubs with the games postponed and yet the county board puts the squeeze on them for money for Gervaghey. Have all the clubs signed up to Gervaghey?

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 29, 2010, 03:41:35 PM
Interesting comment from Liam Donnelly on Q101 thsi morning giving out the treatment of clubs with the games postponed and then the county board and yet the county board puts the squeeze on them for money for Gervaghey. Have all the clubs signed up to Gervaghey?

Is that not like asking people if they've signed up for a TV licence?
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

longrunsthefox

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on May 29, 2010, 03:45:38 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 29, 2010, 03:41:35 PM
Interesting comment from Liam Donnelly on Q101 thsi morning giving out the treatment of clubs with the games postponed and yet the county board puts the squeeze on them for money for Gervaghey. Have all the clubs signed up to Gervaghey?

Is that not like asking people if they've signed up for a TV licence?

No. It ain't illegal not to sign up to Gervaghey and as far as I know not against the rules of the GAA. Just wondering have all the clubs signed up or how many have.
Don't be so paranoid about your TV licence! 

viiv

They might just lose a few garvaghy patrons over the whole thing. 

viiv

20leg-end08

any word on donaghmore and kildress?
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

new devil

Kildress winning 1-10 to 0-8 half way throught 2nd half  :)

tyrone exile

new devil

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: tyroneboi on May 29, 2010, 03:27:21 PM

I think three could happen no matter which ref gets it. Please tell me this isnt true gaffer.
First on the field and last to leave

Gaffer

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on May 29, 2010, 08:37:15 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on May 29, 2010, 03:27:21 PM

I think three could happen no matter which ref gets it. Please tell me this isnt true gaffer.

Was told it on Monday by another leading referee
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

longrunsthefox

I'm hearing Sludden has got Armagh V Monaghan next Sunday and won't be doing the Clonoe-Coalisland game.