The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on April 02, 2024, 02:40:03 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 02, 2024, 11:24:10 AMRetiring at end of this Dáil or waiting till the Harris leadership runs aground?

Will Harris be the Liz Truss of FG?
Retiring, I'd say, he will get interesting opportunities.

FG have a big loss of experience, it is hard to see that the "new" crowd are more able than Varadkar and Coveney, who did a cracking job on Brexit.
I was thinking the same thing. Harris is an empty vessel.

marty34

Just what FG didn't need in the mouth of elections.

Get yourself a nice wee extension/renovation.

Gangsters.

https://www.rte.ie/news/elections-2024/2024/0528/1451689-marian-agrios/

marty34

Quote from: Itchy on May 28, 2024, 10:47:46 PMhttps://x.com/wereontheditch/status/1795435538125873611?t=G4-exzkdvOFGJT8qF5y7aA&s=19

She seems lovely

Gangster of the highest degree.

Nice wee earner there.

FG European candidate livid with her I'd say. Do his chances a bit of harm you'd think and him knocking on the doors in Louth. 

Rossfan

Budget being brought forward a week.
Obviously GE in November.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on July 04, 2024, 09:11:44 AMBudget being brought forward a week.
Obviously GE in November.

The tax revenue was up 9% in the first half of the year, when inflation is 2.6%. So you can give a bit out and still have a surplus.
MAGA Make Armagh Great Again

armaghniac

Indo Poll
Fine Gael 24   🔺2
Fianna Fáil 20 🔺3
Sinn Féin 18    🔻4

Definite election in the Autumn, I would have thought.

MAGA Make Armagh Great Again

Rossfan

Rossfan

Leo stepping down at end of this Dáil to "pursue opportunities and options outside Politics"

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on July 16, 2024, 08:57:17 PMLeo stepping down at end of this Dáil to "pursue opportunities and options outside Politics"

No surprise there. He'll get a Job with the WEF and collect his multiple pensions for 40 years.

He'll be wearing his WEF pendant more often.

Itchy

And the FG MEP wankers supporting Ursula von der leyden, the woman who sides with war criminals in Israel. Even the FFers have some decency. Says it all about our former GAA president.

shark

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 16, 2024, 09:37:35 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 16, 2024, 08:57:17 PMLeo stepping down at end of this Dáil to "pursue opportunities and options outside Politics"

No surprise there. He'll get a Job with the WEF and collect his multiple pensions for 40 years.

He doesn't get his pension until he's 65. Rules were changed some time ago. Unless you meant that he was going to live to 105.

Dunneroyal

Quote from: shark on July 17, 2024, 08:29:13 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 16, 2024, 09:37:35 PM

He doesn't get his pension until he's 65. Rules were changed some time ago. Unless you meant that he was going to live to 105.
sometimes people post without the slightest idea of what they post is fact or fiction. They read something on x and think it's fact. I am worried about what our country is turning into.
On leo himself I wish him well and every success, I do believe coveney would have been a better taoiseach but hindsight is 2020 etc.
Hon the royal

Snapchap

Been a typically dispicible few days of voting from former GAA President Sean Kelly. On Wednesday he voted against a proposal to have a debate on the ongoing Gaza genocide, and on Thursday he voted in support of Ursula Von Dee Leyen for another term as EU President.

Where, I wonder, would those votes rank for moral bankruptcy against his previous vote for allowing migrants to drown in the Med?

weareros

Leaving aside for a moment EU and majority of Western World's shameful role in Gaza genocide, it would still be hard for Irish gov to turn their back on von der Leyen. Many don't realise how screwed Ireland would be if UK got their way on Brexit. If people like VDL did not force north into EU single market by refusing to give UK the trade deal they wanted, then north would have been in a different regulatory alignment to rest of Ireland. That would have forced Dublin to have a hard trade border with practically checks on all kinds of products crossing the border. UK didn't need to enforce the border because they could not have given two shites what entered the EU single market via Ireland. That would not hurt UK, only Irish economy. But if 26 were allowing milk, agricultural products in from North that was now in a Brexit regulatory environment, it would have tainted Irish exports to EU and hit the economy hard. Unfortunately this vote was payback time. Her rival was Danish right-winger Anders Vistisen who wanted EU to go easy on the UK during the Brexit negotiations and came out with ridiculous comments that Ireland would leave EU if UK was punished.